Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I really hope the police did their own comparison on the costume found in Port Maquarie rather than relying on ??.....does seem rather odd doesn't it?...

OT

Father of two missing NSW boys arrested

THE father of two missing boys has been arrested but his two sons remain unaccounted for on the NSW north coast.
JAYDEN and Joseph Brady disappeared from a Tweed Heads home in the early hours of Sunday morning and were believed to be with their father.
The 38-year-old was arrested by police on Monday on the suspicion he had breached a court order which prevents him from seeing the children.
Police said he was not cooperating with authorities.
Authorities hold serious concerns for the two boys and are appealing to the public to help locate them.
Jayden, 14, is described as being of Caucasian appearance, between 120 and 140cm tall with a thin build, brown hair and eyes.
Joseph, 11, is also between 120 and 140cm tall with a thin build and brown hair.
Police urge anyone with information of their whereabouts to contact Triple Zero.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...sw-boys-arrested/story-e6frfku9-1227060531595

I've just opened a thread for them. Here's hoping William and the two boys are all located soon.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ads-NSW-14thSept-2014&p=10963961#post10963961

well I really hope the police did their own comparison on the costume found in Port Maquarie rather than relying on ??.....does seem rather odd doesn't it?...

Yes this still bothers me, seems a huge coincidence. Hard to imagine anyone planting it as a sick joke.

I don't know Hun. So many idiots around :( could have been a decoy too :/ the longer he is missing the worse my thoughts get :(

My son at that age had 3 different Spider-Man suits
He would often put them on over his clothes, and just dump them when he got hot, it's not a long stretch to think a child lost it or forgot about it

So if police are of the belief that an opportunistic abduction is extremely unlikely and they are about to scale back the search in the surroundings as they believe he is just not there - then what are the alternative/s? A planned abduction?? That could only be accomplished by someone known to the family. <modsnip>

I may be missing something, but the protocol of contacting sex offenders after the event strikes me as a bit odd. What does that prove, if you contact them after a child has gone missing and take their word for where they tell police that they were at the time of the child going missing?! They could still be out there doing all sorts of things!

I may be missing something, but the protocol of contacting sex offenders after the event strikes me as a bit odd. What does that prove, if you contact them after a child has gone missing and take their word for where they tell police that they were at the time of the child going missing?! They could still be out there doing all sorts of things!

I think that police probably verify their account(s) of where they were as much as they can. Anyone with an unverifiable account of where they were is likely kept on a 'potentials' list. Police probably asked to look around their homes too .. they were searching and re-searching a number of homes by the sounds of things.

Not to mention, offenders generally seem to have a proclivity toward certain types/ages of victims. That may exclude some. And some may have been asked what they have heard on the 'creep' grapevine.

But you would know if your son took off his spiderman costume and disguarded it wouldn't you?

They will keep eyes on any that they find sus.

We've lost lots of things at parks, shops, friends houses lol, thinking one of the kids had picked it up, stashed it in the pram, put it in their bag, or maybe just so damned tired from chasing them around simply forgot
I've found kids shoes, hats, gloves, jumpers, jackets in parks, why not a Spider-Man suit?
It IS weird, but not unreasonable

Another reminder guys....

Websleuths is a victim and family friendly site. The family are victims here as well. They are off limits as far as sleuthing and speculating about them goes.

A child goes missing...the description says he was last seen in a spiderman costume...I don't think it's unreasonable to question reports of a spiderman costume found disregarded in a park in port maquarie around the same time....it's weird yes...but rather than "unreasonable"...I see it as completely reasonable to question if there is a connection.

I guess, too, that police may be backtracking to find out who knew that the children would be visiting grandma at this time. I would think that the older girl would typically be in school/kindy now, but mum may have needed some help with the children if she is heavily pregnant so a visit was planned. It is a small town. Others may have known/overheard that the visit was scheduled.

"In the 2011 Census the population of Kendall is 1,190 and is comprised of 51.5% females and 48.5% males.
The median/average age of the Kendall population is 41 years of age, 4 years above the Australian average."

http://localstats.qpzm.com.au/stats/nsw/north-coast/mid-north-coast/kendall

I think that if I were an 'undesirable' or had reason to NOT want attention drawn to me and I were in the park with my child in a Spider-Man suit and a child went missing in similar attire, I'd be dumping that costume and hot footing it!
I think that there's many possibilities as to why that costume was found in a park.

I'd imagine LE are extremely confident the spiderman suit isn't the same as William's.
Perhaps it's a different size, different fabric or a different style. William's looks to be fairly thin and without a hood, if a soft, thick hooded one is found it's pretty easy to discount it regardless of the coincidence.

Never expected to be into the 5th day and still no leads :gaah:

There was a little girl, similar age, here in NZ a few years ago... http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2958012/Aisling-drowned-autopsy-finds

Sad story, but she had fallen in a drain and been nearby the whole time

This story really is very sad. And there had been complaints about the drain for years! They searched it 5 different times and never saw her. I wonder what it was that final day, that made them rush to the manhole with equipment??? Tells me that even if wells and drains have already been searched, that he may have been missed.

Knowing now that this home is at the top of a steep hill with a handful of homes, little to no traffic, not easily accessible, tells me that if he was abducted, it was someone who lives in that neighborhood or was visiting.

Does anyone think he could have fallen into a drain? I still don't believe he would have gone into the bush.

WHAT A MYSTERY!!!

It's quite frustrating how little background information there is, do we even know where the parents were visiting from, I can't remember another missing child case where we have not even seen a pic of the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine