Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind the Spiderman suit may be relevant, and they're just saying it's not, to put a suspected offender at ease.

Police always have to keep operational matters private (so offenders etc don't know where they're looking, or how, and also to keep certain details private that would only be known to the offender), and rather than simply not saying they found it (which could still lead an offender to remain on high alert, wondering if they have found it and just aren't saying), to say they've found and discounted it would put the offender at ease, and complacency breeds mistakes.

All that being said, I doubt it's relevant, and any offender'd have to be pretty stupid to leave it lying around in a public park, better to burn it etc.

That's a worry about the man asking directions to Benaroon Drive, seems too much of a coincidence, unless of course it is used regularly as 4x4 access into the bush there, but were that the case you wouldn't think the police would've (seemingly) discounted the possibility of an opportunistic attack as they (seemingly) have, by virtue of the bush around the house and it being a cul de sac etc etc, as has been reported in MSM.

We know they've been looking at other avenues, but at the same time there's been an exceedingly strong focus on the search, despite a complete lack of the usual signs. I just hope having done so wasn't a massive mistake, ie that sufficient resources were dedicated to those other avenues which are seemingly more and more likely in the face of a complete lack of evidence of William having wandered off. I'd've thought the lack of scent found by the dogs beyond the yard would've been an almost sure sign he didn't wander, but maybe it's not 100% reliable.

However, Police Superintendent Paul Fehon said emergency services and volunteers would continue with their search as long as there was some hope of finding him.

"But we will continue with those resources into tomorrow and as long as there's any chance of us finding out anything to do with young William's disappearance we will continue looking."

The search for the young boy was yesterday expanded to three kilometres around the spot where he was last seen five days ago

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2500577...ads-in-search-for-3yo-boy-in-spider-man-suit/

Police reportedly want to question a man who asked for directions to the street where William Tyrell went missing on the NSW mid-north coast on the same day the three-year-old disappeared.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...s-street-as-search-widens#CP57S1fGDdJq2EkH.99

If that even happened .. you know in cases like this you do get people who are so keen to help that they say such and such happened to someone, when it happened on a different day or not at all, I don't know, but you know, it's kind of like the psychics who say that the boy will be found near a tree or stream .. totally agree that it needs to be investigated (as everything does), but I wouldn't get excited and hang my hat on such a report either.

Yes, I agree - as everyone gets more and more desperate, there is sometimes a tendency for well meaning potential helpers to 'come up' with ideas or leads that are not that accurate or relevant, for the sake of keeping the momentum of the investigation going. I also agree that everything still needs to be followed up though.
One thing that I heard early yesterday on 2gb, was that apparently this was a 'surprise' visit to the grandmother. If that's the case, how could any abduction be premeditated?
Perhaps the person was asking for directions to Benaroon Drive because it is technically part of Kendall, but it is in a set of one or two streets that are more separated from the rest of the township.
What I also heard on radio news this morning, was that police are apparently searching a house about thirty kilometres south of Kendall...

Don't know the area around Kendall, but unfortunately I doubt there would be many cctv cameras around that hamlet...

Was there an event happening that weekend in the bush, Friday morning & setting up camp?

A motocross, horse riding or even bush walking or some kind of competition happening or just a get together with some friends there.
Am I dreaming there was a setup campsite found by someone?
Did the police find any recent stolen or burnt out cars down there?
We have fire tracks and dirt roads everywhere that are a haven for thieves who strip, ditch & burn stolen cars.

Anywhere there is a child there is a pedophile lurking, that's what they do, that's their job.

Brett Cowen described himself as an 'opportunist' like it was a job description on is CV.
There is too many of them around now to think it's far fetched.

Yes, I agree - as everyone gets more and more desperate, there is sometimes a tendency for well meaning potential helpers to 'come up' with ideas or leads that are not that accurate or relevant, for the sake of keeping the momentum of the investigation going. I also agree that everything still needs to be followed up though.
One thing that I heard early yesterday on 2gb, was that apparently this was a 'surprise' visit to the grandmother. If that's the case, how could any abduction be premeditated?
Perhaps the person was asking for directions to Benaroon Drive because it is technically part of Kendall, but it is in a set of one or two streets that are more separated from the rest of the township.
What I also heard on radio news this morning, was that police are apparently searching a house about thirty kilometres south of Kendall...

"surprise visit" as in grandma didnt know the family were coming?

Police have conceded an opportunistic attack is unlikely.
If so then who knew the family were going to Kendall? Who had the family told?

He vanished while playing in the front yard while on a surprise family visit to his grandmother with his parents and sister.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ing-sydney-family-holiday#hO4YUB7koQHxf6im.99

You know there is no article at all on http://www.news.com.au about this case this morning .. what is up with that? Someone's *advertiser censored* and someone else's lips get an article near the top though, is news.com.au turning into The Sun, should we be on the lookout for page 3 girls?

After reading about this little boy since the beginning and not posting yet, I now believe he was indeed kidnapped. If no scent or cadaver dogs have traced him in the immediate area around the grandma's, just where could he be? From my experience here on WS with lost/deceased children, most all have been found within a day or two. If he did wander off or fall into something deep, I would think the dogs would have traced the direction he went in. From what I understand, the scent never left the yard. He was taken from the edge of the yard in a car, or they would be able to find his scent.

The whole thing is heartbreaking! I feel so helpless and thought that perhaps extra help was needed in the search, so I rang Port Macquarie Police Station yesterday afternoon to ask if they needed more volunteers to help with the search. But Police said that they have enough volunteers at the moment. I have just read that they are now thinking of scaling the search down. That would be tragic if they did! They must keep looking!!

Superintendent Paul Fehon told 9NEWS that hope of finding the three-year-old alive in the bush was all but lost.

"The experts have advised us that unfortunately they’d be unable to substantiate survival in the bush at this point in time," he said.

"Nevertheless we’re going to continue with our searching in this area and we’re going to broaden that across some of the trails and tracks with 4WDs and bikes."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...s-street-as-search-widens#7vjIvjGVfvVBCa1m.99

im just wondering, did the dogs find any of williams scent at all on the property or just tracks not leaving the property?
and because there were no tracks and an opportunist abduction seemed unlikely, what do police really think happened?

You know there is no article at all on http://www.news.com.au about this case this morning .. what is up with that? Someone's *advertiser censored* and someone else's lips get an article near the top though, is news.com.au turning into The Sun, should we be on the lookout for page 3 girls?

Its disgusting. Nothing in the news here or on the radio.
Wang Wang and Funi seem to have the headlines here :facepalm:

A news update during the ad's last night stated that he went missing from his home :facepalm: :facepalm:

Moo

The boy was last seen at 10.30am wearing a Spiderman suit. His older sister, mother and grandmother had gone inside for a matter of minutes when he vanished.

So many conflicting reports ... It makes sense to me that he was left alone outside when he disappeared from that front yard. His sister would have seen something if she was still in the yard. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that he could have been left outside alone a lot longer than what they have told police. IMO!
The dogs couldn't find his scent to indicate he had wandered away, so was he abducted? but surely someone else would of had to notice if there was a person hanging around the area that morning? If so am I right to assume this person would know that William would be there considering it was a "surprise" visit to the grandmothers house - what does that tell us? Sorry I'm just rambling.

Fairfax Media believes that one line of inquiry is a man who asked staff in a local shop for directions to Benaroon Drive on Friday, before William went missing.

I don't know what to think about this - but I don't think we should get too excited that it will lead to anything. Coincidental? Again ... If they can connect this man to William's disappearance, doesn't that mean he would have had to know of the "surprise" visit to Benaroon Drive. I think this inquiry will be quickly discounted of any link to the case. JMO

http://m.smh.com.au/national/fears-...en-abducted-from-kendall-20140916-10hqb0.html

First post on this thread, have read all the posts but may have missed this info - sorry- but can someone please clarify for me if was his scent found on the property, and stopped at the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine