Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done that a hundred times. Its not unusual parenting to say if you're gonna play up mums not going to put up with it. You walk to the next Isle which is 2 metres away minus the shelves obstructing your view and wait for 30 seconds. It's a supermarket with cameras where you can hear the kids still. Plenty of **** parents out there but the I'm not going to put up with this crap I'm going to the next Isle scenario is not one of the examples IMO. Wonder if you have toddlers.....

"There was a relationship in Bill's past where accusations were made which were proven not to be true and it's just been brought up again."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/will...n-bill-spedding-says-son-20150503-1mvs9b.html

"Police said charges were not pursued at the time due to concerns of the welfare of the victims given their tender age."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...phile-ring-police-allege-20150423-1mrvj7.html

If they had proven not to be true then I can't imagine he would be sitting in goal having been refused bail. imo

I am wondering how old BS son may have been at the time of the historical charges.
Would he have been old enough to have been aware or understood at the time. Or is he just repeating what he has been told?

I agree it makes you wonder if this is all just the police looking for someone to blame. BUT there is 2 victims and also a the mother or grandmother made the comment about Bill did it.... There are medical records and there are witnesses. I do agree that it is moving the attention from William though.

"There was a relationship in Bill's past where accusations were made which were proven not to be true and it's just been brought up again."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/will...n-bill-spedding-says-son-20150503-1mvs9b.html

"Police said charges were not pursued at the time due to concerns of the welfare of the victims given their tender age."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...phile-ring-police-allege-20150423-1mrvj7.html

If they had proven not to be true then I can't imagine he would be sitting in goal having been refused bail. imo

I am wondering how old BS son may have been at the time of the historical charges.
Would he have been old enough to have been aware or understood at the time. Or is he just repeating what he has been told?

I think he would be around 33 to 38 ....but i could be wrong, which would make him a child at the time.

Sex offenders in sights of police seeking girl
By Les Kennedy - SMH
November 14, 2005

At least 20 known or suspected sex offenders will be questioned and have their movements scrutinised by police investigating the disappearance of a 19-month-old girl from her parents' home near Liverpool.

Most have past convictions; others have been reported to police for alleged sex crimes that have not been proved.

This is one of the early articles in the Rahma case.

But it does make you wonder how early LE were onto those historical charges of BS. imo

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/elDennaoui.htm

Information seems to have been dripped to the media in a planned and timely manner.
Surprise visit to grandma's - now said to be a surprise arrival time Thursday evening instead of Friday.
Your comment got me to thinking.
If William being taken was unplanned and opportunistic then the visit whether a surprise or not is not really significant is it?
If it were planned however, who knew the children were visiting would be very significant. imo

One of the problems I have with this being planned is that no-one knew that the family would be in Kendall before Friday lunchtime (at least). Even if grandma did tell people that her family were coming, surely she would not have expected them prior to lunchtime – with the length of the journey they had to make.

Yet, William went missing at 10:30am …. well prior to Friday lunchtime. That spells opportunistic to me.

It also says to me that if grandma wanted her washing machine part fitted, Friday morning prior to the family's expected afternoon arrival would have been a perfect time - seeing that the part arrived on Thursday and may have been known to be arriving on/by Thursday - either at the time of placing the order for the part, or because that is just the length of time it takes for parts to arrive.

I've done that a hundred times. Its not unusual parenting to say if you're gonna play up mums not going to put up with it. You walk to the next Isle which is 2 metres away minus the shelves obstructing your view and wait for 30 seconds. It's a supermarket with cameras where you can hear the kids still. Plenty of **** parents out there but the I'm not going to put up with this crap I'm going to the next Isle scenario is not one of the examples IMO. Wonder if you have toddlers.....

This was different. Mum didn't give any warning and stormed off while the kid was looking at something. She had disappeared into the next aisle at least 10m away, while the kid was still standing at the beginning of the first aisle. It was a few minutes before she came back to check. It just seemed like it was enough time for someone to scoop the kid up or shepherd him away. It made me realise how long a few minutes really is.

New Daily Mail article

"Arresting my dad won't help find William: Son of 'person of interest' in missing toddler case supports his father - despite him facing historical child sex charges

The son of the man, who is a person of interest in the disappearance of William Tyrrell and accused of historical child sex abuse, claims his father was not involved in either crimes.

Rodney Spedding is standing by his father, Bill Spedding, and has accused police of 'losing focus' in their investigation into the search for the now four-year-old boy who vanished from his grandmother's garden in Kendall on the NSW mid-north coast in September as he played, dressed in his favourite Spiderman costume.

Bill's son vowed to support him through the string of accusations and insisted that the authorities need to concentrate on finding the missing toddler and returning him to his distraught parents."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...storical-child-sex-charges.html#ixzz3Z67Wo0jo

William Tyrrells abductor remains free as police focus on Bill Spedding son says

OMG. I thought that said, "Police focus on Spedding's son." Oops.

Rodney Spedding and three of his siblings from Western Australian were convinced of his innocence and would stand by his side.

How many kids does BS have? Did they move to WA as adults or were they moved there as kids? Do they all have the same mum? There was obviously another partner in between RS' mother and MS:

Another thought:

For argument's sake, say a former partner is "falsely" bringing up these allegations after 30 YEARS. Surely that person would be so troubled that police would question their credibility. I mean, 30 years is a long time. If you had it in for that person, wouldn't you move on after 30 years?

All that aside, the fact remains that there are medical records from the crime. Spedding's supporters don't seem to be acknowledging that. There is proof that it actually happened. Why would the victims want to after the wrong person? It doesn't make sense.

I'm still not convinced BS is guilty.
Straddling the fence swinging my feet on each side.

JMO

Rodney Spedding and three of his siblings from Western Australian were convinced of his innocence and would stand by his side.

How many kids does BS have? Did they move to WA as adults or were they moved there as kids? Do they all have the same mum? There was obviously another partner in between RS' mother and MS:

I think 5 or so. MS is not the biological.mother of any if them that I believe. I still find It odd that the other children have not made any public statements. JMO

It bothers me that the historical case was 'not pursued' out of concern for the victims. That is nice and all, but what about FUTURE VICTIMS? When they were older, and saw that he had kids in his care, couldn't they have come forward again?

I wish this kind of case were more clear cut.

It bothers me that the historical case was 'not pursued' out of concern for the victims. That is nice and all, but what about FUTURE VICTIMS? When they were older, and saw that he had kids in his care, couldn't they have come forward again?

I wish this kind of case were more clear cut.
Exactly!

I was just thinking today, on Mother's Day - next week - it will be 8 months since William disappeared. :(

bbm and o/t but because of your comment I scrambled to the nearest calendar while clutching my chest and hyperventilating, lol. Then I finished reading it. Phew.

bbm and o/t but because of your comment I scrambled to the nearest calendar while clutching my chest and hyperventilating, lol. Then I finished reading it. Phew.

Hahahaha...I did the same thing. I thought OH NOOO...whew

IMO the trouble with the whole 'BS is being set up' line of thought lies in the almost unfathomable coincidence that he was meant to be there to fix the washing machine that day.

There is a certain temptation to believe that he is innocent, beyond the noble notion of believing 'innocent until proven guilty'. The thing is, he looks like a lovely man. It's really hard to imagine that someone who comes across like he does (including the way his facebook page presents, etc) could commit such a terrible act. Yet if paedophilia happens in all parts of society, including among 'respectable' people, then appearances can't count for much. The 'nice guy' paedophile is, after all, probably better at putting up a front.

If he does wind up being innocent then this whole awful incident will have involved a framing of Hollywood proportions.

Of course, there is a lot we don't know. I am soooooo intrigued as to what the link between WT and BS is. I joined this sleuthing effort too late to discover the connection as I can't for the life of me learn anything about WT's family. But from others who have commented it seems clear that there is a significant connection. Without knowing the nature of this relationship, any assessment I make of the situation seems shadowy and ill-informed. It's so hard not to sleuth/discuss family members when the families are so obviously connected at some significant level!

I've changed my mind completely on this. I think that any links are just coincidence and probably brought about by lifestyle choices not anything meaningful or sinister.

I think that this began as a crime of opportunity.

Another thought:

For argument's sake, say a former partner is "falsely" bringing up these allegations after 30 YEARS. Surely that person would be so troubled that police would question their credibility. I mean, 30 years is a long time. If you had it in for that person, wouldn't you move on after 30 years?

All that aside, the fact remains that there are medical records from the crime. Spedding's supporters don't seem to be acknowledging that. There is proof that it actually happened. Why would the victims want to after the wrong person? It doesn't make sense.

I thought that BS has five kids. So I'm not sure about Rodney saying three siblings, because I thought Rodney, and a brother and sister from one partner, and then two girls from another partner.

I still believe there has to be something in all of this that points to BS being guilty, because police do not arrest, and bail is not refused, lightly.

But yet media have said that the T-Shirt found is of no revelance to WT.

I believe BS use to live at an airfield many moons ago around the Sydney area

Media have said the T-shirt is 'not believed to be linked'.
Police have said nothing about it , apart from letting it out that William was wearing a T-shirt under his spiderman suit, and that a plumber found a T-shirt in one of BS's drains.

The Daily Telegraph understands a plumber called to Mr Spedding’s house for a repair found a child’s shirt causing a blockage in a pipe, which further raised suspicions.

However, the find is not *believed to be linked to the *investigation into William’s suspected abduction.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-william-tyrrell/story-fni0cx12-1227314208802

Yep and he was refused bail, with police saying there are more charges to come. I imagine police are putting together evidence for those extra charges now.

In my opinion, he will be convicted. The medical records can't be blamed on hearsay. I think it will be very hard to argue that: Yes, the victims were abused but, no, it wasn't Spedding. It was someone else and the girls don't like Spedding so they would rather blame it on him than the real abuser.
It will be very interesting to see what his defense will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cokie