Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above regarding first visit by the family to Grandma's since Grandfather died.

One quote was from The Daily Telegraph (Jan 2015)- which they obviously got wrong - no source provided where/who they got that info from.

The second is direct quote from the mother in a recent police interview.
"And my Dad passed away in February that year so that was really the first time we’d been back since Dad passed away, and we were going to go visit Dad’s grave, they were drawing some pictures to put on his grave, they were sending messages to Opa and things like that
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-william-tyrrells-parents#cK5jO2mfJFwZYKO7.99

Story hasn't changed just wasn't accurately reported in the first place by the media.

Reading the article, I think the source is Mrs Wilson, the neighbour.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

Did Mrs Wilson notice a car there when she left?
Mrs Wilson was the one who heard the children playing and her boundary is very close to that celery tree. I can see the top of the tree in the pic I've attached.

Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.

She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.

“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave
and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said

Her theory emerged as it was revealed that a second access point to the street could hold the key to cracking the case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 180
This is what I have been thinking for a while now. There are deep holes around the area I live in that were caused by a fire in an underground coal mine many years ago. If you drop a stone down one of them you cant hear it hit the bottom. I also read of a case of a child standing on a septic tank cover that flipped over, dropping the child into the tank, then flipping back into position. It was lucky someone saw it happen so knew she was there. I know they have checked septic tanks with cameras in the vicinity of where William went missing but have they been checked thoroughly.

I've also thought this was a possibility (thinking of sink holes or just hidden soft or hollow spots mostly) - given the lack of any other info about physical clues it still seems almost as likely as any other scenario.
Re the dogs and lack of scent/trails to follow - I've wondered just how much scent is left behind by a wee slip of a boy like Willilam? If his only presence in the yard was as he zipped around trying to hide from his sister, maybe his scent was very light to start with, and so was lost or obliterated very easily when tramped on by all the adults who were looking everywhere for him from very early on?
I wonder if the dogs did actually track William's scent elsewhere around and within the garden and trees, but it's just that the trail came to a dead end at the driveway that makes it noteworthy.

Did Mrs Wilson notice a car there when she left?
Mrs Wilson was the one who heard the children playing and her boundary is very close to that celery tree. I can see the top of the tree in the pic I've attached.

Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.[/B

She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.

“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave
and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said

Her theory emerged as it was revealed that a second access point to the street could hold the key to cracking the case.

mrs wilsons husband posted a few times on the find william fb page, not sure where he was when she went shopping?

Thinking of the dogs only finding scent to the laneway, what if that is the beginning of the scent, William arriving and not the end of the scent, the end is actually in the back yard, bush line, back of house. Would have been easy for BS to drive up into drive just as sister is running off, William is excited seeing work van, BS picks him up puts him in van and off he goes.

If it was someone watching for an opportunity to grab William, it would have had to been from the back. I've lived on a dead end street right near the dead end part you would notice a strange vehicle with someone sitting in it, the only ones that drive down a dead end street are those that have a purpose to be there.

This IS intriguing.

actually i may be mistaken because i cant find his posts any more, but posts written on sept 12 from someone else called robert douglas who mentions several times that william is missing behind his house and hes been out on his verandah looking and leaving his back porch light on hoping william comes to his door, at the time when i first read the fb entries im sure it was the wilson neighbour though?
this is the nsw police find william page which i arrowed back about 100 times to get to the very beginning and scrolled through looking, some interesting things id forgotten about
https://www.facebook.com/nswpolicef...18519706184/10152439520231185/?fref=hovercard

I've also thought this was a possibility (thinking of sink holes or just hidden soft or hollow spots mostly) - given the lack of any other info about physical clues it still seems almost as likely as any other scenario.
Re the dogs and lack of scent/trails to follow - I've wondered just how much scent is left behind by a wee slip of a boy like Willilam? If his only presence in the yard was as he zipped around trying to hide from his sister, maybe his scent was very light to start with, and so was lost or obliterated very easily when tramped on by all the adults who were looking everywhere for him from very early on?
I wonder if the dogs did actually track William's scent elsewhere around and within the garden and trees, but it's just that the trail came to a dead end at the driveway that makes it noteworthy.

You're thinking the way I do. Sometimes I'm like, well William just vanished with no sign, so abduction is the logical conclusion. But then it's possible he wandered and some really random accident happened and it's just eluded all the investigators. However, I also think that there's a lot the police know that we don't, something like the scent stopping where he could have been picked up. That's a big question for me, is it the lack of anything that made them pursue abduction (aka human intervention) or something more concrete?

actually i may be mistaken because i cant find his posts any more, but posts written on sept 12 from someone else called robert douglas who mentions several times that william is missing behind his house and hes been out on his verandah looking and leaving his back porch light on hoping william comes to his door, at the time when i first read the fb entries im sure it was the wilson neighbour though?
this is the nsw police find william page which i arrowed back about 100 times to get to the very beginning and scrolled through looking, some interesting things id forgotten about
https://www.facebook.com/nswpolicef...18519706184/10152439520231185/?fref=hovercard

I remember reading those posts from that neighbour, he said he was going out on to his back verandah and listening for William, calling out to him. Was there something he posted about having a medical issue of sorts so couldn't be out there physically searching for William himself? I think he said something like that.

Thanks to all the regular posters who keep William's thread so active. I check in every week and scan through just to see if there are any new developments. I read the linked articles as well.
But I'm a little confused. Have there been any developments in the last week-ish? I can't find any, but it seems like there is some speculation. Is this based on the neighbor's theory that the kidnappers were waiting for her to leave (waiting for an opportunity with no neighbor's around)? Or am I missing something?

N

I don't think that part was attributed to Mrs Wilson.

Mrs Wilson also told how William’s father frantically searched her yard over and over again into the night.

“He was just walking around crying. He kept asking me if there was anywhere

else he could’ve been hiding here,” Mrs Wilson said. “He just looked devastated.”

Mrs Wilson said she heard the two children playing in the neighbouring yard before she left to run errands in the township about 90 minutes before William disappeared, just metre’s from her home.

It was not the first time the family had visited Kendall, but their visits had become more frequent in recent months after William’s grandfather died earlier in the year.

Locals recalled seeing William and his family at a neighbourhood Christmas event the previous December.

But Superintendent Fehon says there was nothing concrete to point to abduction, or "human intervention", as he puts it.

It is a rabbit warren to get to William's grandmother's house. His mother was looking out the kitchen window making a cuppa when he vanished and she saw nothing.

Not one neighbour saw anything untoward. How do you happen across a child that no one except family know is there, and then, in an instant, snatch him?

"It is out of town and out of the way. Who would be driving there on that Friday morning at that time," Superintendent Fehon said.

"It is a dead-end street."

Hardly anyone in Kendall had ever met the boy whose image on his grandmother's patio in that red and blue suit is now so familiar.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/WilliamTyrell.htm

Mrs Wilson also told how William’s father frantically searched her yard over and over again into the night.

“He was just walking around crying. He kept asking me if there was anywhere

else he could’ve been hiding here,” Mrs Wilson said. “He just looked devastated.”

Mrs Wilson said she heard the two children playing in the neighbouring yard before she left to run errands in the township about 90 minutes before William disappeared, just metre’s from her home

sorry ilk didnt mean to double up on your post!

No fresh graves dug at the nearby cemetery?
Perfect place to have an accident if you're a kid.
Good place to hide a body in plain sight, too.

So if someone had been waiting for Mrs. Wilson to leave her house, they could have been in for a long wait. Unless they knew that she was going out at a particular time, which just happened to coincide with William being in his grandmother's backyard. Mrs. Wilson also said that this someone would've known the other neighbour was away. Man, this someone seems to be privy to a lot of information about the residents in Benaroon Drive! I personally don't believe that anyone was lying in wait to snatch William.

So if someone had been waiting for Mrs. Wilson to leave her house, they could have been in for a long wait. Unless they knew that she was going out at a particular time, which just happened to coincide with William being in his grandmother's backyard. Mrs. Wilson also said that this someone would've known the other neighbour was away. Man, this someone seems to be privy to a lot of information about the residents in Benaroon Drive! I personally don't believe that anyone was lying in wait to snatch William.

I agree Makara

Mrs Wilson heard the children playing when she left 90 minutes before William disappeared.
She may well have been back at home - depending on how long her errands took.

I agree Makara

Mrs Wilson heard the children playing when she left 90 minutes before William disappeared.
She may well have been back at home - depending on how long her errands took.

I remember we discussed all of this back in thread #5. According to Mrs. Wilson's calculation, she left home at about 9:00am - 90 minutes before William disappeared at about 10:30am.

Mrs. Wilson's theory emerged as it was revealed that a second access point to the street could hold the key to cracking the case. Neighbours said a walking trail, dubbed the “bush track” by local children, starts at the end of Benaroon Drive, where William disappeared almost four months ago, and leads through the scrubland into the nearby Kendall cemetery.

Supt Paul Fehon, who is one of the leading investigators in the three-year-old’s disappearance, confirmed police had considered the track could be relevant to the case, but so far had not found any evidence to suggest it was used.

BBM.

I wondered at the time if Mr. Wilson went with Mrs. Wilson or if he stayed at home. He has been quoted in MSM as saying that his property was searched inside and out three times but he (and Mrs. Wilson) have never mentioned if he was at home at the time of William's disappearance.

"We have had police through three times," Richard Wilson says.

"Every cupboard, they have had a look in the ceilings, have had a look in the boots of cars."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-william-tyrell-casts-dark-shadow-over-town-20141031-11fbdi.html

Before all of the stuff about Spedding unfolded I was leaning more towards little William being abducted by a resident or visitor in Benaroon Drive or close by. Did anyone else in the vicinity hear William and his sister laughing and playing. Did that trigger the curiosity of a would-be predator?

Having said that, I think the fact that the police have invested so much of their time and resources investigating BS, there must be strong evidence, albeit circumstantial at this stage, for them to have not cleared BS as a POI. I really do believe when the full story comes out (and it will) it's going to be a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState