Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it has been stated previously, he has no priors

He said Mr Spedding had no criminal history, had strong ties to the community and that he needed to be free to prepare his defence.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...ailed-over-child-sex-offences-20150619-ghry1m

Thanks. So he has no apparent criminal history in NSW, but we still are not aware of any previous charges that may not have led to convictions, or of any history in other states - while Amee's link states that this is a very real possibility.

I just hate to see anyone make assumptions that Spedding has not offended in 30 years. Jubelin and the task force are not treating him in the manner in which he is being treated for no reason. Bail was not initially refused for no reason. And a leopard rarely changes his spots imo.

Is your criminal history only kept at a state level of where you have offended? I'm surprised by that. Or is it the level of the offence?

Agreed. I just wish the trial could be done ASAP so we can know something but I'm guessing no? Ksks?

Is your criminal history only kept at a state level of where you have offended? I'm surprised by that. Or is it the level of the offence?

A criminal history is a criminal history, regardless of what state or country the offence occurred in. Whether the court is advised of an interstate or international history depends on what databases and what extent prosecution go to. In minor Magistrates Court matters generally prosecution only do a state printout.

However in a high profile case where prosecution are working hard to keep a defendant behind bars, prosecution would have done an international criminal history check.

I can read the news. com article but not The Australian. Could someone summarise the article please?
Many of these offences allegedly occurred in Victoria and “concern not only further offences committed against the victims in this matter, but also further victims,” court documents said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ex-abuse-charges/story-e6frg6nf-1227316668260

Victorian Police were also investigating allegations against Spedding.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804

The point that bothered me about this discrepency was, why was he surprised to find out WT was missing when he returned to the house from his meeting, when he had already been phoned that WT was missing and raced back to help search?

Yes this had me confused also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I just wish the trial could be done ASAP so we can know something but I'm guessing no? Ksks?

Hard to say. It could be a couple of years. Prosecution havebeen given a telling off by the Supreme Court so they will have to get further evidence from 30 years ago which will take time. In SA, even when a matter is ready for trial the District Court listing is at least year out.

Just to add to what Ksks has said, when we researched this previously, we discovered that many/most of our Australian national criminal/DNA/etc databases were established in the decades following the year 2000. This makes it a lot harder for investigators to trace further back for crimes in other states, and sometimes their own state, prior to that period. Much past info did not make it into the databases. They had to have a cut off point in putting retro info in.

eg. http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/43-dna-database-systems/dna-database-systems
(Please note, this is an example of info about one type of database. With further research you can find the info about others.)

Just to add to what Ksks has said, when we researched this previously, we discovered that many/most of our Australian national criminal/DNA/etc databases were established in the decades following the year 2000. This makes it a lot harder for investigators to trace further back for crimes in other states, and sometimes their own state, prior to that period. Much past info did not make it into the databases. They had to have a cut off point in putting retro info in.

eg. http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications/43-dna-database-systems/dna-database-systems

Putting my prosecutor hat on, if I was doing the bail application and the police told me they wanted him behind bars to question him for other offences, i would get a complete timeline of where he has ever lived and then get a complete criminal history search of every state and country he has ever visited.

The link in that post refers to DNA databases, not criminal records. I got a history of one of my clients the other day and it had a minor offence in 1979 on it.

I can read the news. com article but not The Australian. Could someone summarise the article please?

Paraphrasing …

- Magistrate refused an appeal from Spedding’s lawyer to release him on bail
- Spedding was charged with five counts of having sexual intercourse with a 6-year old girl and a 3-year old girl in Campbelltown in south-west Sydney around April 1987
- The abuse took place in March and April 1987
- After the assaults, the 6-year old girl consoled the 3-year old and redressed her
- Spedding told the girls not to tell anyone about what had happened, otherwise police would take their mum away, or one of the girls would be hurt
- The abuse was reported in 1987, with supporting medical evidence and case notes from that time
- Police were enlightened about other children being involved, another male was present, and Spedding gave a child to another man for sexual purposes
- Many offences happened in Victoria and involve further offences against the girls and other children
- There is evidence of other adult offenders in similar matters with and without Spedding
- Further charges are expected following a VicPol investigation.

All allegedly, until after the court case(s)

Is anyone else getting the feeling that we are treading water? Nothing ever new. Time will only tell hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From day two police/detectives were door knocking and interviewing residents in Kendal. I was in Albert st minding all my friends kids, while they were all out looking. Over three days detectives/police knocked on houses thee times. Asking questions and re-asking.They took down all peoples names that lived the households, cars, asked residents to name anyone they thought was odd. Asked if they'd seen anything strange the day at went missing. Wt went missing Friday, 4 days later was bin pickup day. The council was told not to pickup anyone in kendalls bins to given the ok. Police come and searched everyone's bins. During the next week someone I know was asked to take his digger (like a tractor for non Aussies) to the rubbish tip at Dunbogan and had to move rubbish piles that had recently been placed there do police could sift thru.

So from day two police were definitely looking into the possibility he had been taken. Even they they didn't say publicly at the time, they definitely were. Police physically searching people's yards in surrounding areas

Thanks AS. That was extremely interesting. It's good to know that they were onto that so quickly.
I guess I've been confused about why this wasn't mentioned in the media early on. Every news article at the time was about the search for the little boy missing in the bush. I wonder why stranger abduction was never mentioned until way down the track... "human intervention", they called it.

Putting my prosecutor hat on, if I was doing the bail application and the police told me they wanted him behind bars to question him for other offences, i would get a complete timeline of where he has ever lived and then get a complete criminal history search of every state and country he has ever visited.

The link in that post refers to DNA databases, not criminal records. I got a history of one of my clients the other day and it had a minor offence in 1979 on it.
Does this mean that in the case of BS such a check was not done? And, if not, why not?

Happy Birthday Sweet Little Spiderman. I hope that wherever you are, you are eating yummy cake and getting lots of new toys. But most of all I hope that today is the day that you go home to your family!!!! Godspeed sweet child.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When they have gone into a total panic and try to recall their steps, I would imagine that time gets confused. They may have thought William had got into the back of the car, or perhaps like Manny said, that Dad had found him wandering down the street as he drove back to the house. Every possible scenario would be racing through your head all at once.

Oh I agree with that.
What I am questioning is: did the dad get a phonecall to say "William is missing, come home"... Or did dad not realise what was going on until he arrived home and was asked if William was with him?
Both have been reported.

Renewed appeal to find William Tyrrell

AAPJune 26, 2015, 6:48 am

Detectives investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell are joining with child protection advocate Bravehearts to renew their appeal for public help to find him.

They're making the new appeal on Friday, the fourth birthday of William who went missing from his grandmother's property at Kendall on the NSW mid north coast last September.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/28561634/renewed-appeal-to-find-william-tyrrell/

Family will bake a cake for missing boy William Tyrrell as he turns four today

6:51am June 26, 2015

Missing boy William Tyrrell should today be blowing out the candles on his birthday cake and unwrapping presents like any four-year-old - but instead his family remains bereft with no sign of him found since he vanished in September last year.

William turns four today but his family will be unable to celebrate, instead gathering with friends to bake a cake in his name and share memories of the little boy who disappeared on the NSW mid-north coast nearly 300 days ago.

In a heartbreaking letter released earlier this week to the Daily Telegraph, his family spoke about what they would be doing if their son was home.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/06/26/05/45/william-tyrell-s-birthday-today

video-3789495667001-11_636x358.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mains-toddler-disappeared-six-months-ago.html

Happy Birthday, little William.

:candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members