Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when WSers break the tension with humour (even if it's 'dark') as I'm sure many of us feel, particularly on this forum, very frustrated at times. No matter what, richieswan, some people are going to perceive our thoughts as 'inappropriate'. <modsnip> Even my own mother isn't the boss of me anymore. In any case, don't bite your tongue; it hurts!

Also, please define this thing you call 'sleep'. *slurps morning cuppa*

You're right, Makara, totally unnecessary. Not having finished my morning cuppa is no excuse.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rance-of-toddler/story-fni0cx4q-1227513475400

&#8220;It has wrecked my life big time,&#8221; Bickford&#8217;s wife Sandra said yesterday. &#8220;I&#8217;ve been married to the man 47 years.&#8221;

The victim&#8217;s mother said of the once senior volunteer of the year:
&#8220;a bullet is too good &#8212; you can
use a machete&#8221;. She said her daughter had been deeply scarred by the ordeal and remains &#8220;volatile&#8221;.

Another GAPA member, Anthony Jones, is behind bars and awaiting a September 14 sentencing for indecently assaulting a different 11-year-old child.

Both men &#8212; who are close friends &#8212; were arrested and charged in the time following the disappearance of William.

The families of both Bickford and Jones have been quizzed on their knowledge of any connection, if any, between William&#8217;s disappearance and a paedophile ring operating in the region.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/to...544057826?sv=d36f453d89e1faf18820774e1b705852

Prosecutor Brendan Queenan submitted that the extensive publicity surrounding this case had effectively punished Jones outside the court system.

:tears:

Defence lawyer Stephen Wright told the court that Jones had not been taking his medication for a mental health condition and had been drinking to excess at the time of the offences.

:innocent: ?

Judge Flannery also considered that Jones has been held in protective custody for 12 months prior to sentencing. Jones has told the court &#8220;12 months felt like three years&#8221; under the strict contact conditions and only up to one hour of exercise per day.

:tears: :tears:

His mental health condition?
So, is he saying pedophilea is a mental condition?
http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/to...544057826?sv=d36f453d89e1faf18820774e1b705852

Prosecutor Brendan Queenan submitted that the extensive publicity surrounding this case had effectively punished Jones outside the court system.

Defence lawyer Stephen Wright told the court that Jones had not been taking his medication for a mental health condition and had been drinking to excess at the time of the offences.

Judge Flannery also considered that Jones has been held in protective custody for 12 months prior to sentencing. Jones has told the court &#8220;12 months felt like three years&#8221; under the strict contact conditions and only up to one hour of exercise per day.

:tears: :tears:

Our judicial system is a mess IMO.

No words!!:stormingmad: Or none that I can say here without giving myself a time out!

Not taking his medication for a mental health condition and had been drinking to excess at the time of the offence. He has an extensive criminal history but not for offences such as these.

Wasn't it said it occurred over 2 years and he gave adhd medication to the victim.

But seriously this man was a member of a Grandparents As Parents Again.
So he was obviously caring for children ... how?

I think that the constant reference to the family's visit being unknown to other people, may have been to reduce speculation that someone from the birth parents family may have abducted William. I also don't think it matters whether BS knew there would be children there or not. There are small children all over Australia. Why would he go to Grandma's with the sole intention of abducting a child he had never seen? He also could never know that the child would momentarily be unsupervised. It's a bit far stretched to think it was his intent. I prefer to think along the lines of Jubelin. <modsnip> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078.

I think that the constant reference to the family's visit being unknown to other people, may have been to reduce speculation that someone from the birth parents family may have abducted William. I also don't think it matters whether BS knew there would be children there or not. There are small children all over Australia. Why would he go to Grandma's with the sole intention of abducting a child he had never seen? He also could never know that the child would momentarily be unsupervised. It's a bit far stretched to think it was his intent. I prefer to think along the lines of Jubelin <modsnip> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078.

Paywall. :)

His mental health condition?
So, is he saying pedophilea is a mental condition?

Wrong isn't it Karo.
If I had been taking my medication and not been drinking to excess ...it would not have happened. It's not my fault, I feel bad.
There is enough stigma for persons with mental illness to deal without it being used to defend sicko's like TJ . imo

I don't know what was said by you, but I was the first to thank you for your post. Unfortunately I think the thanks are in some sort nonsensical order. Please accept my unreserved apology if taken out of context. :) It was worded poorly really.

I was referring to whether a separate expert had inspected the machine to see if BS had created a ruse to return at a time when the repairman could be there unannounced. Was a part necessary or had the need for a part been fabricated?
Sure, the washing machine may have been playing up, but not really needed a part. The part is swapped out, but really did it only need a belt adjustment? Had the police had a washing machine expert look at the machine to see if BS had manipulated a chance to return. That was my point.

The poor part of my communication is that sometimes I quote someone's post which appears I am replying to them or comments are directed at them, when really I'm trying to keep my comments in context to their comments so it doesn't sound like Im talking random crap. No, don't add to that :laugh:

I think it's highly unlikely you are going to get those answers unless you speak directly to the Grandma, the information I posted is what is in MSM, nothing more, nothing less. As far as I am aware, there was no other washing machine expert.

<modsnip>

If you don't take your medication, decide to drink heavily, put others in danger then a padded cell after the imprisonment sounds fair and reasonable. If you cant be trusted to take your meds, and you are putting others at risk.

There is no excuse, never ever.
He knew it was wrong because he threatened the child not to tell and he did it more than once, it wasn't an accidental happening.

Wrong isn't it Karo.
If I had been taking my medication and not been drinking to excess ...it would not have happened. It's not my fault, I feel bad.
There is enough stigma for persons with mental illness to deal without it being used to defend sicko's like TJ . imo

I think that the constant reference to the family's visit being unknown to other people, may have been to reduce speculation that someone from the birth parents family may have abducted William. I also don't think it matters whether BS knew there would be children there or not. There are small children all over Australia. Why would he go to Grandma's with the sole intention of abducting a child he had never seen? He also could never know that the child would momentarily be unsupervised. It's a bit far stretched to think it was his intent. I prefer to think along the lines of Jubelin <modsnip> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078.

BBM. The mention of a surprise visit to William's grandmother was taken way out of context by MSM early in the case and seemed to grow legs. It was later explained by William's parents that the surprise was only that they decided to leave on the Thursday night as opposed to the Friday morning. It was to be a surprise for the grandmother, no one else. There were probably many people who knew that William and his family were heading to Kendall. It has never been mentioned that it was a secret.

Woops, modsnipped, so sorry, I was being sarcastic and should not have. My apologies Makara.
I have some more thinking to do after reading cocomonkey's post, interesting thoughts about BS actually planning the abduction of a child under those circumstances. A drive around the town would have probably been more opportune and with better results.

I don't know what was said by you, but I was the first to thank you for your post. Unfortunately I think the thanks are in some sort nonsensical order. Please accept my unreserved apology if taken out of context. :) It was worded poorly really.

I was referring to whether a separate expert had inspected the machine to see if BS had created a ruse to return at a time when the repairman could be there unannounced. Was a part necessary or had the need for a part been fabricated?
Sure, the washing machine may have been playing up, but not really needed a part. The part is swapped out, but really it only needed a belt adjustment. Had the police had an washing machine expert look at the machine to see if BS had manipulated a chance to return.

The poor part of my communication is that sometimes I quote someone's post which appears I am replying to them or comments are directed at them, when really I'm trying to keep my comments in context to their comments so it doesn't like Im talking random crap. No, don't add to that :laugh:

There is no excuse, never ever.
He knew it was wrong because he threatened the child not to tell and he did it more than once, it wasn't an accidental happening.

Totally, totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member