Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Beyond the obvious weirdness of this, I also find it telling that she describes it as the two of them asking her permission for a sleepover with movies. It's like she is his mom and he is a perpetual, irresponsible kid.

Yuck. (understatement)

jmo
Yes, and it's their fault, you see. Not her fault. Because they kept asking her so she just had to say yes because she needed her sleep. She portrays him as a child like you mentioned. It's bizarre.

Exactly! Her excuses don't even make sense.
She wasn't comfortable with her ex-boyfriend and her daughter sleeping in the same bed, yet she sends them out to sleep together.
She didn't see Madeline that morning, yet she wanted to believe she did so she said she saw her. She doesn't cry or show emotion when told her daughter is likely dead, and yet bursts into tears when she sees her boyfriend being sexual with Maddie in photos.
She didn't suspect anything of SS abusing her daughter, and yet her greatest fear was a Woody Allen scenario between them.
She's so out of it IMO. Not dealing with reality.
MOO.
I don't think she's out of touch with reality. I think she just thinks she's a far better liar than she is, and that whoever's listening is actually buying the bull that's coming out of her mouth despite the massive contradictions from one moment to the next.

MOO

Exactly! Her excuses don't even make sense.
She wasn't comfortable with her ex-boyfriend and her daughter sleeping in the same bed, yet she sends them out to sleep together.
She didn't see Madeline that morning, yet she wanted to believe she did so she said she saw her. She doesn't cry or show emotion when told her daughter is likely dead, and yet bursts into tears when she sees her boyfriend being sexual with Maddie in photos.
She didn't suspect anything of SS abusing her daughter, and yet her greatest fear was a Woody Allen scenario between them.
She's so out of it IMO. Not dealing with reality.
MOO.
and she sobbed about him throwing out the backpack? and when the cop says: " so this is whats going to happen, starting tomorrow , well its already started but this will be investigated as a homicide ". pause.... she responds "kay..."

Shortened for focus.

When I read about when she does and doesn't cry in your post, it made me think that her biggest issue wasn't that she was dead (obviously, from what we've seen and heard), but rather that SS was being untrue to her by having sex with someone else. Like a betrayal to her. Either that or her Woody Allen complex looked like it was likely to have come true. It just feels like to me that it's all about JS, not Maddie, as it should have been. Had it been all about Maddie it's MO that SS wouldn't have been in their lives all these years, and that she'd still be alive, happy, and thriving. Further, it's also my opinion that Maddie wouldn't have needed so many meds for anxiety and things like MiraLAX.

JMO

Around 7:40
"Even I wasn't comfortable with it. It doesn't look right. It just doesn't seem right. I'm not comfortable with it Maddie, you've got to sleep with me. And I told them that. But there were times when they begged for sleepovers, they were like, please, please, please, we just want to stay up watching movies. And I'd be too tired to stay up late so said, fine, just do it, but just this once."
Investigator: When did you start being comfortable with it?
"I don't know if I was ever comfortable with it"
Investigator: But you told them on Sunday night to go sleep together.
I'll NEVER EVER understand this...
She had to have known or she's severely mentally disabled.
Why couldn't they watch A Movie in the living room and then sleep in separate rooms?? That would make more sense since she supposedly trusted him.

and she sobbed about him throwing out the backpack? and when the cop says: " so this is whats going to happen, starting tomorrow , well its already started but this will be investigated as a homicide ". pause.... she responds "kay..."
Yeah, what was the crying over the backpack about? Was she realizing he threw the backpack into the garbage outside of their home, thus removing any possibility to LE that Maddie was taken by a stranger? Maybe that wasn't part of their script? Were the tears out of frustration that now she had to think about what she said to make it all fit?
speculation

jmo

edited for clarity, sort of.

I'll NEVER EVER understand this...
She had to have known or she's severely mentally disabled.
Why couldn't they watch A Movie in the living room and then sleep in separate rooms?? That would make more sense since she supposedly trusted him.
even that has to be BS, Jenn came home at 1030(?) they layed on her bed and counted maddis money stayed in her room for 30 min? and by 1130 Maddi was settling into her nest with the vulture right there. There was no sister act. IMO . They said they gave her nighttime meds, its 1030 on a school night, and they wanna do Netflix and chill... as if.

@Gemmie where are you? You need to chime in to say Sister act isnt even on Netflix, lol :D

Last edited:

YT upload date 9/12/24.

I'd heard this before but this is the first time I can confirm from JS own words: JS tells police that she takes a high dose of Vitamin D because she had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago, and her Vitamin levels affected. Around the 11 minute mark.

Has anybody heard that SS also had weight loss surgery? I want to say the first time I heard this about JS was on Telemundo but I was never able to get the report translated but at the time, I wondered if the use of male pronouns implied they both had the surgery. MOO
JS said they didn't go to the beach much because SS was so self conscious about his body and he thought he was flabby, and later in the same interview says they usually went to Venice Beach, make it make sense!!! I wonder if he did have bariatric surgery?

Shortened for focus.

When I read about when she does and doesn't cry in your post, it made me think that her biggest issue wasn't that she was dead (obviously, from what we've seen and heard), but rather that SS was being untrue to her by having sex with someone else. Like a betrayal to her. Either that or her Woody Allen complex looked like it was likely to have come true. It just feels like to me that it's all about JS, not Maddie, as it should have been. Had it been all about Maddie it's MO that SS wouldn't have been in their lives all these years, and that she'd still be alive, happy, and thriving. Further, it's also my opinion that Maddie wouldn't have needed so many meds for anxiety and things like MiraLAX.

JMO
I had the same thoughts. That she teared up because she saw in the photos that he had betrayed her - instead of shedding tears for what her daughter sustained at his hands. It's grotesque.
MOO.

JS said they didn't go to the beach much because SS was so self conscious about his body and he thought he was flabby, and later in the same interview says they usually went to Venice Beach, make it make sense!!! I wonder if he did have bariatric surgery?

I caught that too.

On another topic, there is a part in the latest interview that is heavily redacted but implies that JS's PTSD is due to her being the victim of date sexual assault. To me that makes it more likely that she is the one who wrote the diary entry we've seen.

I did read early on that she had weight loss surgery. I don't recall that it was mentioned if the surgery was the gastric sleeve or the RNY. Most individuals who’ve undergone bypass are usually super slim at least the first few years post-surgery. I had the RNY 15+ years ago.
Am I remembering correctly that we had the idea that she had some public assistance due to her mental health issues? For some reason, I also had the idea her job was not full time, but I might be mistaken on that point. And her living arrangements with roommates, renting from her father, a dog sitting side hustle, etc., would indicate she’s not rolling in $$. How would she have money for gastric bypass or the Botox she was considering? Or am I wrong as for months at a time, off and on, she had enough to have SS mooching off her. Only some of my musings.

Redacted told me that redacted typically got her menstrual cycle 2 day's before she did. Except for last month when redacted got hers a week or two after redacted got hers. Redacted told me that they did not have a conversation as to why her menstrual cycle was late.
Yeah I wonder if January 1st was marked because that was when she was supposed to get her period but she was 2-weeks late in January and JS never updated the app herself. Some apps just period tracker apps can just fill in the expected date on their own and need to be edited to be accurate to account for when periods start later than predicted. Perhaps this is why it showed she was due to have her menses in early February too.
So maybe she did get it and just never told her mom this time?
I was wondering about that too. IIRC wasn’t Maddie staying with her grandmother the week before. I wonder if LE asked her too if she knew if Maddie had her period during that time she stayed with her?

I wonder if Maddie had access to the tracker herself. Usually moms or guardians use the apps to help teens who just started theirs to learn how to track their lenses for their own convenience and prepare, for example by drinking a lot of water the week before so you don’t get cramps, have pain medications and pads/tampons, chocolate and ginger ale available, avoid white pants). However, parents eventually relinquish control of the access to their teens after they get used to tracking their cycle or using the app and talking about how normal it is at first to miss their period or for it start late). It is kind of weird that JS still had complete control of it and that Maddie wasn’t allowed or given the opportunity to just track and edit it on her own private IMO, especially since the main point of the apps is to help teens learn about their menses, what to expect while helping parents and children talk about it together. It is expected for the kids to eventually be the only ones who engage with it, not the parents. MOO

Yeah I wonder if January 1st was marked because that was when she was supposed to get her period but she was 2-weeks late in January and JS never updated the app herself. Some apps just period tracker apps can just fill in the expected date on their own and need to be edited to be accurate to account for when periods start later than predicted. Perhaps this is why it showed she was due to have her menses in early February too.

I was wondering about that too. IIRC wasn’t Maddie staying with her grandmother the week before. I wonder if LE asked her too if she knew if Maddie had her period during that time she stayed with her?

I wonder if Maddie had access to the tracker herself. Usually moms or guardians use the apps to help teens who just started theirs to learn how to track their lenses for their own convenience and prepare, for example by drinking a lot of water the week before so you don’t get cramps, have pain medications and pads/tampons, chocolate and ginger ale available, avoid white pants). However, parents eventually relinquish control of the access to their teens after they get used to tracking their cycle or using the app and talking about how normal it is at first to miss their period or for it start late). It is kind of weird that JS still had complete control of it and that Maddie wasn’t allowed or given the opportunity to just track and edit it on her own private IMO, especially since the main point of the apps is to help teens learn about their menses, what to expect while helping parents and children talk about it together. It is expected for the kids to eventually be the only ones who engage with it, not the parents. MOO
JS stated that MS's "supplies" lasted 2 cycles, and she realized that she hadn't seen any discarded "supplies" in Feb. but only realized it "after everything happened".

JS stated that MS's "supplies" lasted 2 cycles, and she realized that she hadn't seen any discarded "supplies" in Feb. but only realized it "after everything happened".
That was why I wondering if Maddie possibly got her period during the week in February stayed with her grandmother because then she would most likely discard her supplies there. IIRC she stayed with the grandmother the week before her birthday party and then returned home that Sunday when the festivities were done.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back