Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Had a coffee afterwards". What time did the school function finish?

Four days before William went missing, *Spedding had visited William’s grandmother in Benaroon Drive to repair her washing machine. He took away a part and was supposed to return the day that William disappeared, to fix the machine. But, he told his friend Colin *Youngberry, he never went to Kendall that day and was with his wife in Laurieton attending a school function instead. Youngberry says Bill and *Margaret Spedding had a coffee afterwards and that Bill’s bank records show he was in Laurieton at the time William disappeared.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Someone else has a 'tinnie' that "sits like an ornament"?? Strange comment!

Vietnam veteran Youngberry invites us to sit in a couple of iron chairs on his porch; a tinnie on a trailer sits like an ornament in the front yard of his Laurieton house. His wife is a cousin of Margaret Spedding. Bill Spedding has now been publicly branded a “person of interest” in the search for William’s abductor. How’s he handling it, we ask? “To tell you the truth I wouldn’t know what it is bloody well like,” Youngberry says. “I mean everyone is comin’ out and tellin’ him he’s basically murdered a kid. I mean, ****, not only kidnapped him but …”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

BS and AJ had boats pictured in their yards in MSM. Will try to find a link.

Maybe they all went on fishing trips together?

"Had a coffee afterwards". What time did the school function finish?

Four days before William went missing, *Spedding had visited William’s grandmother in Benaroon Drive to repair her washing machine. He took away a part and was supposed to return the day that William disappeared, to fix the machine. But, he told his friend Colin *Youngberry, he never went to Kendall that day and was with his wife in Laurieton attending a school function instead. Youngberry says Bill and *Margaret Spedding had a coffee afterwards and that Bill’s bank records show he was in Laurieton at the time William disappeared.

Do you have the title of this article? It's behind a paywall. Thanks.

If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says. “You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.

It seems all photos of the white station wagon being towed away have been removed from MSM. Why would this be? Could forensics have found something which means it now becomes evidence in court?

The image was captured in Thread 16 #941. I am intrigued by the fact that the sketch of the white car seen in Benaroon Drive is almost identical to that of AJ's white station wagon - down to the tyre/hubcap detail and the unusual back window design.

I saw a thumbnail of the car on a story link on news.com.au but when I clicked on the story the photo of the car on the tow truch (as was on the thumbnail) was missing and there was only the artist sketch from 60 Minutes.

Yes, very interesting that the photo seems to be missing now.

That is the only report I have seen that says afterwards, all others, from the beginning said he had coffee before the school assembly.
I say sloppy journalism.
Do you have the title of this article? It's behind a paywall. Thanks.

:banghead:

I give up; going to bed.

*wishes she could put this 'smiley' where it really belongs on the thread* ;)
That would be underneath the headline that reads 'Little William found safe and well'. I'm still holding out for that one
And where is that Bohemian? If you have a problem with anything on this thread, let me know.

i dont remember bs boat being mentioned in msm as tested for evidence, really hope it was though, im sure it gets a lot of use living so close to all the waterways, and lots of deep water.

Its a boating area with creeks where someone can get an abductee off the roads in view of police then head out around being seen and into another creek.
Thats how people vanish.

Its why no one sees them on the road in the front seat a car.

Colin has a boat too - I guess lots of people have boats in Aus....
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...liam-disappeared/story-e6frg6nf-1227193861228

Going by road means someone had premeditated an act by planning routes that would be unseen, a place to carry out their motive, a place to store or dispose the victim. Planning on how to dispose the victim. This whole, oh I have a child, what do I do now.

Bickford was charged the same time? Were there any crimes prior? What is the history? Is he capable of murder?

Without a strategy in place, someone may well have been caught by now. Obviously main roads are avoided because there is so many public and private cameras now. Child or not, a photo of your car puts you in a place at a certain time. More photos elsewhere and its models a trajectory.

First thing in a town like that, ok, who has cameras, where. Police probably have a camera image already.

I think someone here did mentioned about needing to get a break from the threads. I agree, sometimes I do feel intoxicated and overwhelmed by getting too deep into the paedophile and/or murderer’s world, not to mention our limited access and resources made it impossible in attempting to solve the case and feeling very frustrated.

Need detox!

It seems to me there is a connection between letting the public know that a coroner has been put on the case(even though an inquiry has not been made yet) and the request for info on the 2 cars. (And now a vehicle has been seized).

I am desperately hoping that William is found alive, but if and when the police turn to the coroner with an inquiry, I will be devastated.

Just out of curiosity, there was talk in a previous thread about "six degrees of separation". Was it something that was quoted from a news article or was it something that someone here brought up? I'm finding in my 'sleuthing' that that separation is getting narrower :(

If it is an accident police/search team usually can find the missing person or body, but if it is a (paedophile) murder case, the body seems to be very hard or never be found unless the murderer revealed the location. I think this happened in many cases eg Daniel Marcombe. This tells me a few things :

Human’s ability is limited, to search a huge area without knowing the exact location or a contained area, just like needle in the haystack, made it almost impossible to locate the body, just like the missing mh370.

Phedophiles/murderers seem to have their way of hiding bodies that can never been found, only they would know where it is, they have planned and thought it through into the very detail, also it is very likely the place is where they knew well or knew there will be hardly any people passing by that location. I think we need to think it through from their mind in order to find the location!

i dont remember bs boat being mentioned in msm as tested for evidence, really hope it was though, im sure it gets a lot of use living so close to all the waterways, and lots of deep water.

Is it his boat? I know it is parked at his place but I do wonder if it actually belongs to him or he is 'looking after it' for someone.

Just out of curiosity, there was talk in a previous thread about "six degrees of separation". Was it something that was quoted from a news article or was it something that someone here brought up? I'm finding in my 'sleuthing' that that separation is getting narrower :(

oh very much agree......the Kevin Bacon Theory is alive and well here

We have a well dressed gentleman at a cafe in Kendall? A well dressed gentleman on a Wynarka roadside.

Bodies turn up years later. It appears in many cases, its a plumber that finds them.

As Puggles post goes, dam, creek, pond, river, under shed. Water.

Technology improves all the time. I've seen ground penetrating radar at work. I think back 10 years ago, and I think now in awe. What will another 10 years hold?

How long was it before The Plod was onto white goods man? Was there enough time for him to shift anything around?

Were any other of these blokes Viet Vets like the friend in the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member