Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wewillgetyou - it has been stated in the MSM that it was the children's first visit to GMAs, hasn't it? Or was it just the first time they "played in the yard"? I think that's what people are getting that idea from.

Like you say though, funerals are frequently not held where the person was living at the time. Other significant locations and/or hometown etc

Exactly. And while I'm on a roll LOL perhaps Williams mum has had bad morning sickness and has been unable to visit until now......
So many ifs and buts :(

Exactly. And while I'm on a roll LOL perhaps Williams mum has had bad morning sickness and has been unable to visit until now......
So many ifs and buts
:(

BBM - I guess that is what we are all doing - speculating :)

I didnt mean that they did NOT attend the funeral, more, they had not attended the house (at the time of funeral)

And one of the reasons I came up with, is perhaps a "break up" in the family.. Just like morning sickness, too many children etc - a lot of variables.

Hope that makes sense. :)

P.S. Not having a go at all... just giving you my why's..

WWGY - I think I was mistakenly holding onto the word "their first visit" and took it to mean the whole family, rather than it just being the children.

Silly bullheaded me. It's entirely possible that only the adults went for the funeral etc.

To play devils advocate- if William snuck into his fathers car, before his father left to complete his errand, why would mum/grandma say he went missing later? There is nothing sinister in a child secretly climbing into a car, so why change the story later? He is still missing, they still dont know where he is? I thought we had seen an article where it said that all the vehicles had been inspected? Will see if I can find it.

Mel that was my very first thoughts that he jumped into a car. I still firmly think it's highly possible but unfortunately I have to believe the GM & mum that William was there after dad left.
It's not the first time a parent has forgotten a child being in a car.

If that were the case here, it could be an abduction by a family member. Is that what y'all are thinking is a possibility?

I can only really speak for myself and I don't think I have enough information to really have a good idea yet. I haven't seen the mother's facebook page and I don't know the family history. We don't even have confirmation that William was in OOHC, afaik.

At first I thought he must have fallen over and hit his head, and was obscured by undergrowth. When the police said the scent dogs couldn't get a hit, my thoughts went straight to family abduction, probably of the non custodial parent type. Statistics say it is the most likely scenario. When posts were made saying he was in OOHC it kind of confirmed it for me. It is only my opinion though and I could be totally wrong. There is always a rule to the exception and there is always someone the statistics don't cover.

I think you're spot on. Re the bolded, it is the same in NSW. As far as I know it is absolutely forbidden and the carers are not even allowed to use the child's name on Facebook.

I don't work for DoCS (but sometimes work alongside them) so perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm?

Someone explained it in the first thread. Whether its still there Im not sure.

I can only really speak for myself and I don't think I have enough information to really have a good idea yet. I haven't seen the mother's facebook page and I don't know the family history. We don't even have confirmation that William was in OOHC, afaik.

At first I thought he must have fallen over and hit his head, and was obscured by undergrowth. When the police said the scent dogs couldn't get a hit, my thoughts went straight to family abduction, probably of the non custodial parent type. Statistics say it is the most likely scenario. When posts were made saying he was in OOHC it kind of confirmed it for me. It is only my opinion though and I could be totally wrong. There is always a rule to the exception and there is always someone the statistics don't cover.

But it would have had to be an inside job to know they would be there that day. Right?

And a media blackout on identification ... what does that mean? His name is not really William Tyrell? :confused:

If William had been “playing chase-ies” with his sister, where would he run? It is unlikely that a three year old would run up a steep hill. The logical place is down hill, in full view of the house.

“You can see the aspect of the house,” he says. “If you are inside the house you are looking straight down the street. You have got a view hundreds of metres down the street. You’d hear a car coming up the street.”

There is bush all around. If a child had gone missing, you’d *initially assume he was lost in the bush. But on closer inspection the bush is thick with lantana and spikes and there are no real tracks. It is very difficult terrain for a three year old to navigate.

So if he’s not lost in the bush, what next? Someone has taken him. But who knew he was there?

Any vehicle or any person coming into Benaroon Drive is conspicuous. The neighbours all know each other and each other’s vehicles — strangers and strange vehicles are noticed. All the yards are large and open and neatly mown. Would an “opportunistic” predator risk an abduction in such a setting where he could be so *easily caught? Besides, it’s not the sort of street you just cruise past. “What are the percentages?” the policeman asks.

The same goes for a targeted abduction — but if it was targeted how did they know he was there? Where would they sit and wait for the chance for the child to run out on to the street?

“OK,” Fehon says as he looks at his watch. “You guys have been here 10 minutes; what do you think has happened to young William?”

We don’t know, we say, looking at each other. It does seem an incredibly difficult location to snatch a child. “We don’t know, either,” Fehon says. “That’s why we are keeping an open mind to all *sibilities.”

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

A 'stranger' abduction facilitated by a neighbour is still a possibility, imo, based on that article. They might not be a "known" sex (or other) offender. All sex offenders have a first offence.

A local's vehicle would not be seen as unusual by anyone seeing it drive by; they could have taken WT to another location (would rather not speculate on the why, but lets hope he's still alive/cared for) and returned at some point later after the drama had died down a little. I know the police have apparently spoken to all the locals, but they haven't said anything about anyone other than family alibis having been checked out. They said they've inspected everyone's homes, but if he was taken straight away to another location that would be irrelevant.

They didn't shut down the local roads and have checkpoints on the first day because they seemed quite sure he'd gone bush, right? Maybe this is why they started looking for evidence of things dropped from vehicles and checking cars coming in and out but only days later.

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick regarding the layout of the house/gardens, but I get the impression that running downhill away from the house itself would take you into the clusters of tall gum trees on the property - and that if you kept going you'd end up at the road as it's a corner block? If a child did that I can easily see how you'd lose sight of them from the house. I know it's been reported that from the house there is a clear view down the street - but there are two streets involved here and I doubt you'd have a clear view of both unless you were standing right on the corner.

Plus, if you're making a cup of tea, your eyes are not going to be always looking out the window. I'm not in any way, shape, or form saying the mum was being neglectful; I'd say the vast majority of parents would have done the same (go in to make a cuppa while grandmother sat out the back as the kids ran around) in those circumstances.

It makes me cringe to think of how many unknown sex offenders are at large in the population - I have no doubt that the unknown numbers would far outweigh those who have records. Especially in the case of those who target children - it seems like it still takes many, many years for victims to reveal what happened to them as children.

An opportunistic kidnapping just seems too far fetched considering the family circumstances.

And now that I have a better understanding of those circumstances, for the first time since I heard about this case I'm actually feeling somewhat more hopeful that William is alive after being taken by (or for), someone who knows him.

The fact that the police have said the families alibis all check out and that there is no current conflict is what gives me pause in leaping to conclusions about his family - no matter how complicated the history might be.

I assume they know far better than we do what his family situation is.

OK ..

So he didn't run into the bush.

All family members have been checked and their alibi's clear them, so it wasn't a familial abduction.

The street is the type that leads onto bushland so any strange cars would have been noticed, and therefore a stranger abduction which happened inside minutes is very unlikely.

What does that leave us with .. alien abduction?

One of the key points the police are making cannot be correct, because something happened to William, and it wasn't a yowie.

I have removed several posts sleuthing the family, talking about facebooks that cannot be linked at this time or speculating on foster/bio family connections.

None of this is allowed at this time. MSM has said that for legal reasons the family cannot be identified. We don't know what those reasons are but we are going to follow the lead of MSM and we are NOT going to identify the families here.

I know you guys are good sleuths and you probably already have 90% of that information, but you cannot post it or discuss here until the legal issues are resolved or we understand better why the family can't be identified.

Please keep the info to yourselves for now.

Thank you,

Salem

within 5 minutes M & GM noticed WT missing
-- LE responded quickly within 20 minutes
X unknown - how much time had elapsed from father leaving in vehicle and mom going into house to make tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654