Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I think the MSM have given up on trying to correct the spelling of his surname (Tyrrell, 2 R's) if they were even aware they had it wrong, as if they correct it they'll probably look like the ones spelling it wrong by virtue of being in the minority ha. Certainly doesn't matter in the scheme of things...

This is addressed to all members re the spelling of William's surname.

We roll with police reports. Police are using Tyrell so that is what we stick with. Whether it's spelt any differently or not is no concern of ours. Any further posts about the spelling of it will be removed.

Please leave out any discussions about names of family members and please quit sleuthing them.

Any further posts along those lines and you will acquire an automatic time-out.

Yes, to be politically incorrect but honest, I appreciated the couple of laughs as well!!!
It IS hard to observe the police being so clueless. I feel sorry for them. Unless of course, they do know more than they are letting on. I used to work alongside police (not as a uniformed officer though) and I DO know that it all comes down to EVIDENCE. In many cases, police may suspect or even 'know' something in a way that humans know, but in order to act on something, let alone make it public, a case needs to be pretty water tight. They may have some bits and pieces at this stage, but it's not providing a coherent picture.
Even with the Gary Tweddle case, I think they had 'information' for some time as to what might have happened and who could have been involved, but even information on its own is not enough. I think they knew for weeks. But they actually had to catch a 'known' drug dealer in the act of netting a deal, to apprehend him.

Just to pick up on something raised a few posts back on how soon police arrived: So the family noticed William missing at around 10.30am. They spent 20 to 25 minutes searching. Then they called the police and they arrived within six minutes. So, there was a time lag of around 30 minutes all up, before police arrived. However quite possible longer still before police actually physically started searching, as they would have had to allow time to be fully briefed by the family first. Police dogs reportedly arrived 'later that afternoon'.

It does make you wonder who (if there was human intervention) could have pulled something like this off. No trace. Someone very experienced and smart? Or just someone incredibly lucky to have gotten away with it so far?

It's right about how someone said that, no matter what, no one at the house at that time had 360 degree visibility, no matter how good the view was. Perhaps family are saying that in the interests of their own accountability? I'm not quite sure where the kitchen is where that cup of tea was being made, but like someone else said, it would have overlooked one part of the street or the other, not both. My guess is the abduction happened pretty close to that corner. There is only that one window with lace curtains facing that corner plus the roller door. And it would be easy to make a quick exit in any of three directions from there.

The fact that the police have said the families alibis all check out and that there is no current conflict is what gives me pause in leaping to conclusions about his family - no matter how complicated the history might be.

I assume they know far better than we do what his family situation is.

I guess, if the police have any inclination as to what happened to William, they are not going to tell the media - esp if it involves his family, for fear of him being harmed.

Adding to the unknown car discussion- the block of land across the road is for sale, so I would assume that there has been strange cars on and off since its been on the market. A car not known by sight to any of the residents may have very quickly been brushed off and forgotten about as it was thought to be a potential buyer.

If someone who had no direct relation to William was driving down that street, and William, hearing the car, ran out to the front of the yard hoping it was his dad, and somehow that driver managed to convince him to get into the car and either drove straight around or into the forest and away, then there is no reason to think they would leave any trace.

As far as what people did or did not see, eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. At least, if I remember PSYC101, it is. People forget things, fail to notice things, remember things wrong... assuming some kind of abduction is the primary possibility (whether by a stranger or family), people think and really believe that they didn't see a strange car, but that doesn't mean one wasn't there. They want to think that they would notice something like that and it's hard sometimes to accept that our human senses and brains are limited by many factors. And its easy to jump to conclusions about people because of appearances and assumptions, but not everything is as it seems.

I definitely, 100% believe the police are doing and have done everything they can and that they made the right decisions based on whatever info they had at the time and have now. I think they're being honest about not having much to go on. I'm sure they want this case solved, preferably with WT being found alive and healthy somewhere, more than anyone other than the family.

Just thinking that they may well have checked out heaps of known peoples' alibis, but perhaps someone who wanted William for whatever reason 'contracted out' the job of getting hold of him?
That would keep the known person's alibi intact.

OK so this just jumped out at me...at first I thought it was geographic profiling... but no!!!

We consulted with an expert in geoforensics in regard to the areas we should be looking at. This expert has worked on several high-profile, international cases of child disappearances and when he went over this one, it's fair to say, he was baffled as well.

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/2575870/william-tyrell-case-baffles-police/?cs=706

Maybe they do have some evidence....

If someone who had no direct relation to William was driving down that street, and William, hearing the car, ran out to the front of the yard hoping it was his dad, and somehow that driver managed to convince him to get into the car and either drove straight around or into the forest and away, then there is no reason to think they would leave any trace.
Yes he could also have been actually waiting out the front for dad. did we hear if he had been wanting to go with dad in car?

OK so this just jumped out at me...at first I thought it was geographic profiling... but no!!!

We consulted with an expert in geoforensics in regard to the areas we should be looking at. This expert has worked on several high-profile, international cases of child disappearances and when he went over this one, it's fair to say, he was baffled as well.

Been trying to look it up, hard with sluggish 'net though, something about geology?
So.. the sinkhole thing? Mine subsidence? Or something else?

Ok so I've got - "Forensic Geology or Geo-Forensics involves techniques including geological mapping, geophysics, satellite imagery and interpretations of ground conditions in the hope to establish failures in engineering structures or natural features and even in the location of ancient burial sites and police investigations." from http://www.engineermycareer.co.uk/index.php/forensic-geology-geo-forensics

How interesting

This is addressed to all members re the spelling of William's surname.

We roll with police reports. Police are using Tyrell so that is what we stick with. Whether it's spelt any differently or not is no concern of ours. Any further posts about the spelling of it will be removed.

Please leave out any discussions about names of family members and please quit sleuthing them.

Any further posts along those lines and you will acquire an automatic time-out.

Sorry! Didn't realise that'd be a problem.

Been trying to look it up, hard with sluggish 'net though, something about geology?

Yes wonder if ground penetrating radar comes under geoforensics too. good to see the police trying everything. It must be so frustrating for them, it really is as unusual as the Chamberlan case.

Maybe someone could compile a list of all the facts we do know. The sad part for me is, I enjoy 'sluething' (I'm a naturally inquisitive person) but, I struggle with the fact a little boy is the central point of my interest :(

Anyway, here are a few confirmed facts:

- William was in an unfamiliar environment (first visit to Grandma's house)
- William has a 'complicated family history' (confirmed by the lead inspector)
- William's Dad was absent when he went missing (whereabouts has been verified by Police)
- William has a sister of similar age who can't articulate his whereabouts (she only knows he's lost)
- Forensic procedures have failed to provide any pieces of evidence
- Police have not issued any warnings to people in Kendall or the immediate area regarding stranger danger
- A man was asking for directions to the street where William was temporarily located

I'm probably missing lots of confirmed facts, feel free to add on.

Ok so I've got - "Forensic Geology or Geo-Forensics involves techniques including geological mapping, geophysics, satellite imagery and interpretations of ground conditions in the hope to establish failures in engineering structures or natural features and even in the location of ancient burial sites and police investigations." from http://www.engineermycareer.co.uk/index.php/forensic-geology-geo-forensics

How interesting

Ground based radar (GBR) can be employed to assist police and law enforcement investigation teams in forensic searches. GBR detects objects buried in the ground and reveals ground structure. Large areas can be searched quickly and non-destructively, greatly improving search efficiency and reducing unnecessary excavation operations.

Forensic applications of GBR include: detection of buried bodies, graves, hides and caches, and the detection of cavities both in the ground and in structures. In order to best develop a suitable range of geophysical tools for forensic application, more research is necessary in both field use and software development.

http://www.macaulay.ac.uk/geoforensic/geoforen_noninvasive.html

The big draw of this science is that it potentially cuts down the enormous amount of manpower it takes to find a very small grave in a very large forest.. I think it's great police are utilising all available options.

Yes he could also have been actually waiting out the front for dad. did we hear if he had been wanting to go with dad in car?

What if someone had a similar car to dad's car, eg. all white 4WD look alike to a 3yo - could he have thought it was dad and got in the car?

OR William ran out thinking it was dad & the car hit him and they quickly bundled him in?
Remembering the police were looking for a damaged vehicle.

If it wasn't for the fact the dogs found no scent trail to follow, I'd be even thinking of natural fissures in the ground, old mine shafts (you'd be surprised where they pop up.. and not all are documented) -- even a wasp nest! A farmer years ago lost a COW to a car-sized European wasp nest underground in one of his paddocks so it's not unfeasible... lots and lots of way a tiny little boy can get wedged into somewhere and be lost..

But you'd think he'd leave a trail..

So here we are I guess. I am just hoping (though it's a thin hope at this stage ) someone's got him, and that he's still alive...

Hello everyone...I've been lurking since early Bung days ( I live near Boronia ,up in Mt Dandenong), but have been too shy to join or post....I just thought I'd say hello now I've joined.

I am totally baffled as well. I have gone over and over everything that is known, and just keep going in circles. There seems to be so much we just don't know (IMO).

Hello everyone...I've been lurking since early Bung days ( I live near Boronia ,up in Mt Dandenong), but have been too shy to join or post....I just thought I'd say hello now I've joined.

I am totally baffled as well. I have gone over and over everything that is known, and just keep going in circles. There seems to be so much we just don't know (IMO).

Hello you sweet thang & welcome!
We need your every bit of help right now.
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member