Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They invented those strap, leish things for little kids who liked to run off :/ many kids with mild autism and adhd have no fear of anything. Not saying william has either of those but some kids at that age who do will just either walk or run off. On a site I go on for my sons issues some call their kids runners meaning they will just take off from anywhere at any time :S I guess if it is out of character for him then it's not really possible but anyway just thinking out loud :)

Private school dates NSW
HOLIDAYS
20 September - 6 October

My boy was a wild child runner, no fear.
We lived on a main road and those little legs could fly down the hill. I had to harness him to the clothes line when I was hanging clothes to watch him.
Sounds horrible but he's now 37.

I wonder if it would be possible to triangulate all mobile phones to that street location on the morning that William disappeared?

As per the Australian and smh links, William has a complicated family history. Doesn't mean William has a complicated history. That the parents may foster children has been mentioned, but that doesn't mean William is fostered. Grandma maybe mums mum, or dad's mum, or neither- the grandparent of one of Williams siblings. It doesn't really matter. If mum does indeed foster children, it makes this tragedy even sadder- that someone who offers love and sanctuary to other peoples children could lose her own in such bewildering circumstances is so unfair.

Pondering the nature of legal reasons for anyone being granted anonymity in any case like this:
Witness protection programme (Aus equivalent?)
Ongoing legal case
Criminal convictions that might sway public opinion/willingness to cooperate
Jury service
Involvement of a Safe House

Not saying any of these apply in this case, but it's bugging me as it's so odd to have so little detail about the parents/caregivers in a case like this. Jmo.

I think the family history matters in as much as there may be others that want William with them. Police have checked the whereabouts of William’s extended family at the time, but I wouldn’t think an extended family member would be silly enough to take William themselves. But perhaps they have a little-known associate that would act on their behalf. That may take some tracking down, and may take a while imo. And, of course, may not be the case at all.

All bases need to be covered in this very perplexing mystery involving a gorgeous much-loved little boy.

What about a young kid on a bike? Young..middle teenager seeing William playing
and calling him over....?

"Houses sit well-back from the road on manicured, acreage blocks. Every movement is noticed in the quiet dead-end street. There is little, if any, through traffic, making the probability of a random, opportunistic attack "next to nil," ....Neighbours said they didn't hear or see any cars or strangers on Friday. The whereabouts of relatives have been verified and there is no family conflict that could provide a motive.

"But we were out there searching and if that boy was out there, he would have been found quickly," said a neighbour who helped search in the first few, frantic minutes. "None of us around here believe that if that little boy had walked down the road, we wouldn't have found him."

If he wandered into the prickly scrub on the edges of Benaroon Drive, he left no threads or markings. "Even our heavy overalls have been tearing in this bush," Superintendent Fehon said.

Every home has been searched. .... Cameras have been sent down sewer pipes. William's grandmother's house has been searched from the roof cavity to the basement.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3Dtt5QTvL

hopefully that quote is less than 10%

He started a game of "chaseys" with his sister, running around the two-storey Queenslander, when suddenly he was gone.

William's grandmother was sitting out back and saw nothing. His mother had ducked inside to make a cup of tea at the front of the house, with windows that look down Benaroon Drive, and saw nothing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3DtuLSVD9

I think the family history matters in as much as there may be others that want William with them. Police have checked the whereabouts of William’s extended family at the time, but I wouldn’t think an extended family member would be silly enough to take William themselves. But perhaps they have a little-known associate that would act on their behalf. That may take some tracking down, and may take a while imo. And, of course, may not be the case at all.

All bases need to be covered in this very perplexing mystery involving a gorgeous much-loved little boy.
I agree. It is a scenario that goes round and round in my head.
His family make up or the reasons why family can't be identified could be an important piece of the puzzle...or not.

that's amazing....maybe there's a Kendall local who can tell us what was going on locally at high school .....

so far looks like grade 11's had exams from this

http://www.henrykenda-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/calendar --- came up when I googled Kendall NSW but unsure if it is correct district

this one is in district and offers distance learning as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden_Haven_High_School

http://www.camdenhave-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/

Looks like it was ''grad'' Sept 12 for Camden h.s. -- this could attract out of towners for graduation IME -- and a certain element of party hardy too.......pranks....imbibing....etc

Year 11 students were indeed doing preliminary exams over the last few weeks of term. Different schools did them at different times, but they all seemed to be over the last 3 weeks of term. Kendall is a small place, and does not have a high school. The closest high school *I think* would be Kew High School. William Kendall high school is named for the same poet as the village of Kendall, but is in Gosford- just to be confusing :)

I wonder if it would be possible to triangulate all mobile phones to that street location on the morning that William disappeared?

I used to have a really good link to the towers around Australia ... someone posted it during the Gary Tweddle search. Sadly, I seem to have deleted that link :gaah: though maybe it is still on Gary's thread somewhere.

This other link shows a tower on Lorne Rd in Kendall, about 3km from Benaroon Drive. I wonder if there are enough towers in the area to triangulate signals to a specific location at that time of day.

http://www.rfnsa2.com.au/SiteInform...24N94D6R30Hl9AO1yAPiNYwPEZ7emF&siteID=2439005
https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...e05391daf90c6ef!2m2!1d152.693029!2d-31.626557

Okay, I found the mobile coverage link ... but I need to work out how to use it again .. can't get anything to show. :sigh:

http://maps.spench.net/rf/#=-31.632...:false},{"t":"s/mobile-optus-new","v":false}]

still wondering why no police abduction alert, they issued one for chloe campbell almost immediately

He started a game of "chaseys" with his sister, running around the two-storey Queenslander, when suddenly he was gone.

William's grandmother was sitting out back and saw nothing. His mother had ducked inside to make a cup of tea at the front of the house, with windows that look down Benaroon Drive, and saw nothing.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3DtuLSVD9

Dear SMH .. that is not a Queenslander, just saying.

I'm really back to the handling of this case from the beginning, no road blocks in and out of town, and not a large enough search area in first days. Also as mentioned by others no abduction alert or widespread covering of this case in media. Now it's a week later and they can't go back and re-do any of it and it's too late.

Published in the Australian, day before the SMH article, much the same news......this bit is interesting though.

As we stand on the road, the policeman invites us to draw conclusions. If William had been “playing chase-ies” with his sister, where would he run? It is unlikely that a three year old would run up a steep hill. The logical place is down hill, in full view of the house.

“You can see the aspect of the house,” he says. “If you are inside the house you are looking straight down the street. You have got a view hundreds of metres down the street. You’d hear a car coming up the street.”

There is bush all around. If a child had gone missing, you’d *initially assume he was lost in the bush. But on closer inspection the bush is thick with lantana and spikes and there are no real tracks. It is very difficult terrain for a three year old to navigate.

So if he’s not lost in the bush, what next? Someone has taken him. But who knew he was there?

Any vehicle or any person coming into Benaroon Drive is conspicuous. The neighbours all know each other and each other’s vehicles — strangers and strange vehicles are noticed. All the yards are large and open and neatly mown. Would an “opportunistic” predator risk an abduction in such a setting where he could be so *easily caught? Besides, it’s not the sort of street you just cruise past. “What are the percentages?” the policeman asks.

The same goes for a targeted abduction — but if it was targeted how did they know he was there? Where would they sit and wait for the chance for the child to run out on to the street?

“OK,” Fehon says as he looks at his watch. “You guys have been here 10 minutes; what do you think has happened to young William?”

We don’t know, we say, looking at each other. It does seem an incredibly difficult location to snatch a child. “We don’t know, either,” Fehon says. “That’s why we are keeping an open mind to all *sibilities.”

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...064608526?nk=f09417940c0d57bdda3789911a538ed0

this is like the perfect crime for someone, everyone has alibis, there are no witnesses, no evidence, no body!

One very critical bit that has NOT been addressed is:

How much time had elapsed from when WT's dad left the house for errands and the time WT was noted ''missing''. <----------------that troubles me

the slope of the property may create a parabolic effect and voices carry ((have had this experience))

conversations even quiet ones can be heard easily by neighbours -- yes even on large properties (IME)

I agree newone! All we have heard about the "errands", is that the Dad had run the "errand" by the time he was called back.

looking at all the other scenarios in this case, logically, the only way william could disappear without trace or leaving a scent past the gate, is if family took him away in the car?
its the simplest, but im sure police have investigated this thoroughly?

The mum went inside to make a cup of tea so this could have been the opportunity the person was waiting for (if abducted). Maybe the GM is still not in the best of health and that may have an impact on what she does/doesn't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie