Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The daily mail article says mother, sister, and william arrived the day before.
The Australian appears to say he and his family arrived the day before but it's now behind a paywall and even the old 'Google the title' trick doesn't seem to be working so I can't confirm whT it says. Can't find anything relevant on smh. But then I'm on iPad and Actually achieving things on the iPad is difficult compared to on a proper computer.

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at though? Could be I'm dense. But if his 'alibi' has been confirmed by police, why does it matter if they did come separately? I think if he was the man, then the locals would have realised that pretty soon as he was very involved in the search? Are you saying something else and I'm just too dumb to get it? (Quite possible)

Hi Eloise, I've been searching for the quotes from Det Fehon but can't find them. I've seen 'the family' reference but I'm sure I've also seen 'Mum, WT and his sister' a few times. I'll keep looking :) I might be incorrect.
QUOTE=Eloise;11011404]I think it has just said the family arrived the day before, which I assume means them all.[/QUOTE]

I just meant that if the Dad had arrived separately it could account for the asking directions thing and then been discounted quickly once verified. I would have thought that if someone else had stopped to ask directions, they would have come forward to say it was them. As you say, it doesn't really matter whether he arrived separately or with the family, however it could be a plausible and innocent explanation as to the gentleman asking directions. I don't really know....
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at though? Could be I'm dense. But if his 'alibi' has been confirmed by police, why does it matter if they did come separately? I think if he was the man, then the locals would have realised that pretty soon as he was very involved in the search? Are you saying something else and I'm just too dumb to get it? (Quite possible)

It is possible they went separately. We took two vehicles on our last road trip because we didn't have space in one (2 adults and 2 kids need more stuff than 4 adults especially small kids, plus it gives flexibility)

Come to think of it we even left separate days! Me and kids left day after school broke up and he left after work the next day.

It is possible they went separately. We took two vehicles on our last road trip because we didn't have space in one (2 adults and 2 kids need more stuff than 4 adults especially small kids, plus it gives flexibility)

It's possible he or mother is related to grandma and the other is not. Hence arriving seperately as one may live close to grandma

Facebook post: Mystery surrounds missing boy in Bendigo

UPDATE 1.20pm: Bendigo police have confirmed that police were called out to a BP service station in Epsom on Wednesday to help a three-year-old boy.

"Police yesterday during the afternoon were alerted to a young boy who was at the BP service station alone and with no parents," Acting Sergeant Brian Hansen said.

"Police attended and through a course of inquiry have been able to locate the parents and reunite the child with his parents," he said.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2583888/facebook-post-update-i-was-there/?cs=3372

Ok. I don't want to be seen to be sleuthing what I'm not meant to sleuth :). I'm not trying to do that. I'm trying to find a plausible reason for the alleged well-dressed gentleman asking for directions. I remember many a family holiday where Mum and us kids went on to a holiday house and Dad followed later, after attending to some business or finishing work the day before. So I was running with the idea (no family sleuthing, just trying to find an explanation for the gentleman asking directions).
1. Mum, WT and sister arrive day before WT goes missing.
2. Dad was to arrive the next day.
3. Dad stops in town, ask for directions to the street
4. Dad then runs his errand
5. Dad receives urgent phone call that WT is missing
6. Dad rushes to the house and begins the search with the family.
Just me thinking out loud.

i wonder who the bikes belong to, theres a photo (cant find it), of two or three bikes with helmets leaning against the house,
maybe williams father used one of these to do his errands?
the grandmother could keep a lot of toys and bikes there for other visiting family?

Ok. I don't want to be seen to be sleuthing what I'm not meant to sleuth :). I'm not trying to do that. I'm trying to find a plausible reason for the alleged well-dressed gentleman asking for directions. I remember many a family holiday where Mum and us kids went on to a holiday house and Dad followed later, after attending to some business or finishing work the day before. So I was running with the idea (no family sleuthing, just trying to find an explanation for the gentleman asking directions).
1. Mum, WT and sister arrive day before WT goes missing.
2. Dad was to arrive the next day.
3. Dad stops in town, ask for directions to the street
4. Dad then runs his errand
5. Dad receives urgent phone call that WT is missing
6. Dad rushes to the house and begins the search with the family.
Just me thinking out loud.

im wondering if the "well dressed gentleman" was just someone wanting to look at the property for sale across the road and couldnt gps it because the street has two different spellings?

Maybe other grandchildren that visit regularly

Regarding GPS in that area, we've visited the general Port Macquarie region in the last couple of years and found the Phone coverage less than perfect in places. If the well dressed man had a phone only, and not an in car gps, it's possible he was forced to turn to asking for directions. Probably to the vacant block. I hope he was found or came forward and could give them some info maybe about if he saw any other vehicles there around that time. I havent seen any appeals for him to come forward or anything like that for ages.

i wonder who the bikes belong to, theres a photo (cant find it), of two or three bikes with helmets leaning against the house,
maybe williams father used one of these to do his errands?
the grandmother could keep a lot of toys and bikes there for other visiting family?
I don't have the photo at hand either, but I'm fairly certain both bikes in the picture had training wheels attached. I know at the time the pic was released someone posted that they thought the bikes looked to big for William and his sister, but I made note of the training wheels and thought they'd hardly be for any older children.

Off topic to current discussion: there was a request made by LE to alert locals to looking out for car bits that may have come loose...we were all questioning what that might have meant such as mirrors, pieces of headlight covers, taillights, etc.

I'd like to add my two pennies worth at this point after I was driving behind a truck tonight....bits of towing hitches can fall off....if there is a lot of ATV activity in that area it's possible one of the toy haulers in the area may have lost a ball hitch etc.

or even a bike rack?

I agree bear bear, heart almost broke when they said on ACA last night the family had to leave with an empty carseat in the back of the car and then home to an empty room. Parents worst nightmare.
I think they would have brought the bikes. If it's William's first visit as stated, doubt nan would have a bike there for him.

I wouldn't put too much stock in media reports of x, y and z arriving the day before meaning that v wasn't also - the details in these cases at the start are always confused, often until it comes time for a trial in Australia as scant documents are often released beforehand. Their source could have said "william his sister, mother and grandmother were in the house" - "do they live there together?" "no they arrived to visit the grandmother the day before" and it gets reported as such, excluding the father. Sloppy journalism. The first police post on facebook said it was William's home which is incorrect.

That all said, the father being responsible for asking for directions seems like a reasonable theory to me, he certainly was unfamiliar to the area and had no reason to obscure he was looking for the place, unlike a would be abductor who would not want to be seen at all.

I am rarely optimistic but I think William is going to be returned and before too long.

I hope its ok to post this, i fiddle with graphics and i made this for my timeline, the pictures show clear with your profile picture and other facebook details, if you wish to use it, please feel free.

william-vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member