Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the search is now off, totally finished? The police must have something else to go on.
<modsnip>. But it's been nine days and so many people involved, I'd really like to think NSWs finest would have cottoned onto that by now. Someone knows something, but who and where that someone is is the real mystery.

I think appeals to potential abductors by the family would have helped raise the profile of this case... Because awareness of this little boy seems low among people who aren't on FB everyday; I haven't actually heard anyone I know discuss this case, and only people active on social media seem to have a consciousness of it, there has been so much attention on other issues in the MSM this week - but the 'complicated history' must have prevented such a thing. The level of media attention on such a case seems to depend heavily on how much it's pushed by the family and/or how much the media see the family as a worthy story. Perhaps with legal restrictions on what they can say and how 'interesting' they can make the story they don't see the point, which I think is unfortunate. Awareness by the General public, not just the people who frequently use social media, could be helpful in locating WT if he happens to say, have been taken and being cared for by people connected in some way to his extended family.

Eloise, I don't watch tv at all, but I have seen lots of people comment on facebook that William's story has been all over their local television during the past week. Other than making folks aware of what William looks like and sharing the fact that he is still missing, I don't know how much else there is to repeatedly cover in the news - the lead police officer made it perfectly clear that they don't have any other info or leads to share at all. I know I'm seeing a lot of people I know sharing William's info on facebook, and I'm in Queensland - so the word is definitely out there.

Maybe it's a Sydney thing. Everywhere I go people are obsessed with talking about terrorism and Muslims and nothing else. I've asked a couple of people what they think about the WT case and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

I am only guessing but given that they officially ended ground search, I can't help but feel the LE know the answers.
By saying they are going to examine the evidence, it is buying some time ((overnight)) and I would expect they will make an announcement tomorrow during daylight hours....MOO

I have to admit I feel really nervous. A public meeting to officially end the search seems unexpected. It was continuing indefinitely up until now and people still planned to search through the coming week. I think they at least, now know for sure he did not go into the bush.

It would be fantastic if he'd been safe in someone's care the whole time. I really am wishing it to be true.

I don't know what the circumstances could be ... We'll just have to see how it plays out this week.

Repeating my post from only last night....

Websleuths (WS) doesn't allow discussions about rumours. We also don't allow discussions about facebook comments as we have no way of verifying if those comments are legit or not.

Please stick to discussing the facts of the case as supplied to us via media or police reports.

The following link contains our list of rules which all members are asked to read and follow....

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

I'm not holding my breath for any announcement tomorrow. I can see why police chose to end it today. It's the end of a weekend and an opportunity to get the message through to as many of the searchers as possible. I'm sure the volunteer searcher numbers peak at weekends. People may have sought some direction as to whether or not to keep searching into next week, first week of school hols, or whether to go back home. There had been talk of scaling the search back already on some previous occasions. I also believe we will be hearing less and less about this case over the next few days, as police start focusing on information/evidence they have received. It doesn't mean there will be less resources necessarily devoted to the case, just a different type of resources. Having them indicated that they will begin 'examining' information they have received, I think they are nowhere near a resolution. It sounds like there is lots of information to verify, analyse etc. and this will take some time.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Rereading the police announcement I see again the description of him having dark hair and hazel eyes. The hazel eyes, sure, but imo that kid does not have dark hair he has light brown hair. If I hadn't seen a photo I would not be looking out for a kid that looks like William.

Heartbreak for missing William's family as police scale back their search and focus on how the three-year-old Spiderman fan disappeared

Police are scaling back their search for missing three year old William Tyrell and instead focus their efforts on how he might have disappeared.

The focus will now move to examine the many pieces of information received concerning William's unexplained disappearance - all but giving up hope of finding his body.

Police Supt Paul Fehon said police were broadening their investigation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dreams-fireman-disappeared.html#ixzz3DwSkvTJs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The news comes a day after William's distraught parents broker their silence over the disappearance and penned a heartfelt plea to help bring the toddler home, thanking everyone who has participated in the major search operation.

Immediate members of William's family have not been heard from publicly since the toddler disappeared from his grandmother's garden last Friday

'William is only three years and three-months-old and really still a baby, he has so many more years to live and we desperately want him home.'

'Up until a month ago (he) was obsessed with all things Fire Engine and would tell us his name was &#8220;Firefighter William&#8221;&#8230; a future he deserves to fulfil.'

Mr Fehon earlier earlier said that William's family were struggling with the fact that there were still no leads in relation to his whereabouts - and this plea confirms their frustration.

'They are doing it very tough,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dreams-fireman-disappeared.html#ixzz3DwTD1KAi

POLICE have stopped the search for missing toddler William Tyrell.

ABOUT 70 police and volunteers finished the marathon operation in dense scrub on Sunday, and authorities will now focus on information they have received regarding the boy's disappearance from his grandmother's home in Kendall.
Investigators are looking at "human intervention" as a possible reason behind William's disappearance.

Police may carry out intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive, where he was last seen dressed in a Spider-Man suit on September 12.

http://www.fchornet.com/news/police...for-missing-toddler-william-tyrell-h1909.html

"Human intervention can include a number of things," he said when asked for clarification,

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2564534/william-tyrell-survival-hopes-are-fading/

I can't imagine the family's trip home driving away from Kendall. What will happen to GM surely she'd be a strong woman to be able to live there. I'd live the rest of my days watching, listening, waiting & praying.
Too frightened to leave...just in case.
Many things racing through my mind but praying for the best scenario that he is with someone who can't harm him and maybe waiting for the heat to die down and drop him somewhere safe.

Then the miracle of Stephen walls or the devastation of James Bulger.

I am in two minds, I just don't bloody well know.

The SMH (iirc) said she was staying with a friend.

hoping someone comes clean right now.....
it's official - search is called off NOW

They seem to have called the search off early - which I'm taking as a positive move that they dont need to officially search ground to pt the pieces together regarding where William went and where he is.
I think of other cases and searchers have see 10 days full to 14 days.

So sad William hasn't been found yet. A huge, huge thank you to all the searchers, professionals and volunteers alike.
Hopefully the police are holding things close and have a firm direction and leads.

The search won't stop. The police will wait for someone to talk. Someone knows and that someone will tell.
They know what type of person who took William and they will be there.
Brett Cowan thought he was home and hosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member