Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son makes these faces when he is role playing. If he was being Spider-Man that might be why the face. Jmo

Makes you realise how far back from the road most of those houses on the lower side of Benaroon Drive are! On some blocks, there is even bush between the house and the street. It may be a dead-end local area, but really not sure how much anyone could see of the street from their houses, especially when not expecting to see anything in particular.
As someone else said, abductions tend to happen when they are least expected and in unlikely places. I think that may also be part of an abductor's modus operandi?!

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10152456091211185

The extensive police search for missing three-year-old boy William Tyrell will be scaled back this afternoon, nine days since he disappeared from a home on the Mid North Coast.

Following a meeting with the Kendall local community this afternoon (Sunday 21 September 2014), emergency services confirmed the search would be scaled back, with the focus on examining the many pieces of information received concerning William’s unexplained disappearance.

William was last seen about 10.30am on Friday 12 September 2014 at his grandmother’s home in Benaroon Drive.

<modsnip>

The photo of William in his spider man outfit playing on the porch with his sister in the background and crayons lying around - that was taken at his grandmother's place within one hour of him going missing. Police checked the phone with which that photo was taken and ascertained the date/time.

I wish road blocks and vehicle searches commenced as soon as young William disappeared. It only takes a few hours drive to be hundreds of km away :( from media reports it wasn't until day 3 or 4 that police were roadblocking and questioning drivers. There has been a spate of child approaches reported along the coast. Now police are saying human interference is possible. It was possible from the get go, and now they could be anywhere! Is there something that made police think that was unlikely? I realise authorities are doing their very best and I am not suggesting otherwise at all. I just wish roads in and out were blocked off asap. This case has been on my mind day and night, everytime I see his little face I feel like bursting into tears. The outsider asking for directions, the suspicious woman by the road, the fact that he was taken (yes I said it-I think he was taken) so soon after arriving, it's all doing my head in.

One thing that has been bothering me, oh well I really mean another thing that is bothering me - the Tracker, Jake has put out there a request about the sandals WT was wearing. He has asked what brand the sandals are. I dont understand what bearing that would have on the case, seeing as no tracks were found. :tantrum:

Bush Trackers found a small set of footprints.

Bush trackers have found clues such as a knife sheath and a set of small footprints, but tip-offs from bush searches, investigations of CCTV and interviews with neighbours and local businesses have not uncovered a solid lead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-hope-comes-home-soon.html#ixzz3DvqMmVsF

Seems they have received a bit of info to go on with, hopefully some leads to something.

Following a meeting with the Kendall local community this afternoon (Sunday 21 September 2014), emergency services confirmed the search would be scaled back, with the focus on examining the many pieces of information received concerning William&#8217;s unexplained disappearance

The extensive police search for missing three-year-old boy William Tyrell will be scaled back this afternoon, nine days since he disappeared from a home on the Mid North Coast.

Following a meeting with the Kendall local community this afternoon (Sunday 21 September 2014), emergency services confirmed the search would be scaled back, with the focus on examining the many pieces of information received concerning William&#8217;s unexplained disappearance.

William was last seen about 10.30am on Friday 12 September 2014 at his grandmother&#8217;s home in Benaroon Drive.

BBM
Well that's both bad and good. All those man hours and hopes culminating in nothing. I wonder did they eventually trawl through the entire Middle Brother Forest or just a part of it? Just looking along roads going through it? If someone wanted to harm a child and take him into a forest, you'd think they wouldn't be stupid enough to scatter clothing and other evidence along the roadside though, surely?
On the other hand, it sounds as they they do have information to be 'focusing' on now. Hopefully this is new and credible information, or further snippets that help to substantiate something that has been provided previously.

Me too. Big puzzle!

I just find it SOOOOO frustrating that the public are told nothing and kept in the dark. I appreciate why they do it, but find it so frustrating nevertheless. My heart breaks for this little darling as I have two of my own. I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since he was reported missing. :(

My gut feeling is that the little boy is close by the house, and that mum is telling the story exactly as it happened.

Looking after children can be hard work. Most of us do our best, and sometimes terrible things happen. Most parents have memories of that moment where their child disappeared in the supermarket, or hid in the yard, or where mum and dad misunderstood who was with child at that moment. Most parents are able to say "thank god nothing happened." I was and am a very careful parent, but I am human, and have made mistakes. My children have given me some heart stopping moments over the years, which luckily were quickly resolved. It would be a brave parent to say they have never made a mistake. It is really easy to judge when a child goes missing. The Australian article was written by Greg Bearup, an investigative features journalist with a reputation for producing articles and features that are well researched and well written. He claimed, as I referenced earlier, that the photo taken of William in Kendall had been verified as accurate by experts. His article also referred to grandma being outside with the children, while mum went in to make a cuppa.

William was playing hide and seek with his sister. The blocks are big, very bushy, and close to bush land. William had not been there before- how easy for a 3 year old to lose his bearings while searching for that perfect hiding place. He may have found a good place, or he may have wandered too far then panicked and ran. Maybe something else has happened, maybe there was an opportunistic abduction, maybe there is a family situation that has not been identified yet. The police are doing a really thorough investigation as far as I can see. As a tax payer in NSW, I am more than happy for my tax dollars to be spent doing a search that is the very best that can be done to find William.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

I just find it SOOOOO frustrating that the public are told nothing and kept in the dark. I appreciate why they do it, but find it so frustrating nevertheless. My heart breaks for this little darling as I have two of my own. I don't think I've had a full nights sleep since he was reported missing. :(

:wagon:

I can honestly say my kids have ''disappeared'' and created heart stopping moments for me. I can vividly recall each of those incidents to this day! ((Like a cheeky monkey of 4 who hid in a clothes carousel)) or ((hid in the closet while I ran throughout the house looking for her (3 yrs old) all the while she was laughing))....yes we've all had those moments....but to have those heart stopping moments continue into a 9 day nightmare is unimaginable.....

IF someone has made off with WT and no harm has come to WT -- I hope they will spare further grief to everyone to release WT unharmed to authorities ....

I cant see William running that far away playing chase-ies around the house. :dunno:

&#8220;The two kids then played chase-ies around the house,&#8221; Fehon tells me. (There was no fence, but it isn&#8217;t the sort of place you&#8217;d be concerned because the only traffic is to the few houses up that end of Benaroon Drive.)

As we stand on the road, the policeman invites us to draw conclusions. If William had been &#8220;playing chase-ies&#8221; with his sister, where would he run? It is unlikely that a three year old would run up a steep hill. The logical place is down hill, in full view of the house.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

<modsnip>

Kendall is a tiny town, and it had been less than 24 hours since the family arrived there at his grandmother's, in a street where homes are some distance apart - plus his grandmother's home appears to be well shrouded in trees and gardens. I'm not sure who, outside of his own family would have been in a position to witness his presence in town in that short time and under those circumstances.
By all accounts his family are understandably devastated, as any of us would be - they are victims here. Williams exact location on the property when he went missing is unknown - otherwise someone would have witnessed whatever it was that caused his disappearance.
I can totally understand why some parents and family members of victims avoid the media - there is enough tut-tutting that goes on about their circumstances, lifestyles, and what they should or shouldn't have done even they attempt to stay out of the spotlight.

If the search is now off, totally finished? The police must have something else to go on.
Balloon boy scenarios crossed my mind too, to an above poster who mentioned it ... But it's been nine days and so many people involved, I'd really like to think NSWs finest would have cottoned onto that by now. Someone knows something, but who and where that someone is is the real mystery.

I think appeals to potential abductors by the family would have helped raise the profile of this case... Because awareness of this little boy seems low among people who aren't on FB everyday; I haven't actually heard anyone I know discuss this case, and only people active on social media seem to have a consciousness of it, there has been so much attention on other issues in the MSM this week - but the 'complicated history' must have prevented such a thing. The level of media attention on such a case seems to depend heavily on how much it's pushed by the family and/or how much the media see the family as a worthy story. Perhaps with legal restrictions on what they can say and how 'interesting' they can make the story they don't see the point, which I think is unfortunate. Awareness by the General public, not just the people who frequently use social media, could be helpful in locating WT if he happens to say, have been taken and being cared for by people connected in some way to his extended family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!