Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just say "trust the Police" in these matters. If they have called off the search it will be for a good reason. I don't even want to speculate on here why that might be. It just might be that they want us to forget about it for a while. Perhaps this will help bring something or someone to the surface. Then they can complete their job. Perhaps there will be a good ending to this story after all. I'm actually feeling a bit hopeful right now.

We have seen many many times where police have kept things from the public so I too am hoping this is the case :)

The SMH (iirc) said she was staying with a friend.

Yes she is but then what? Sell and move? Stay? This has affected many people especially a little Spidy Man.

Whoever did this may they rot in hell.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-for-william-tyrell-shifts-to-investigation-20140921-10k3f8.html

Search for William Tyrell shifts to investigation

Police have stopped the search for missing toddler William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast.

About 70 police and volunteers finished the marathon operation in dense scrub on Sunday, and authorities will now focus on information they have received regarding the boy's disappearance from his grandmother's home in Kendall.

Investigators are looking at "human intervention" as a possible reason behind William's disappearance.

Police may carry out intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive, where he was last seen dressed in a Spider-Man suit on September 12.
Advertisement

Despite more than a week of door-knocking and searches in surrounding bushland, there has been no trace of the three-year-old.

Police do not believe William could survive after nine days in the bush.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-fo...estigation-20140921-10k3f8.html#ixzz3DwlmWHcv

Is it horrible that I'm relieved the body in the boot found today seems to have been there longer than 8 days? A life is a life, so it's sad - but I'm still holding out hope for our boy.

Dear little man, please hope you are ok, heartbreaking

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-for-william-tyrell-shifts-to-investigation-20140921-10k3f8.html

Search for William Tyrell shifts to investigation

Police have stopped the search for missing toddler William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast.

About 70 police and volunteers finished the marathon operation in dense scrub on Sunday, and authorities will now focus on information they have received regarding the boy's disappearance from his grandmother's home in Kendall.

Investigators are looking at "human intervention" as a possible reason behind William's disappearance.

Police may carry out intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive, where he was last seen dressed in a Spider-Man suit on September 12.
Advertisement

Despite more than a week of door-knocking and searches in surrounding bushland, there has been no trace of the three-year-old.

Police do not believe William could survive after nine days in the bush.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-fo...estigation-20140921-10k3f8.html#ixzz3DwlmWHcv

This article suggests they finished what they set out to do in the scrub, as opposed to terminating the search prematurely. Not sure, but that's what it sounds like to me.
Interesting that they still plan on doing intermittent sweeps of the area around Benaroon Drive. That, meanwhile, suggests that they think the immediate vicinity of where he went missing is significant...

I know this doesn't help much but I wanted to share a story that happened to me when my son was around William's age. I was in the toilet and thought he was with his father, his father thought he was with me. Within ten minutes we both realised he was nowhere. Neighbours ran out and we ran up and down streets calling for him. It was so fast and he was just gone!

As it turned out he had run across the road to our neighbours (who he knew but certainly not well) and had hidden in one of their bedrooms. Why? I have no idea. He had no idea. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. He was found hiding by the neighbout who promptly returned him.

Sounds very similiar to this situation.

My mind's been dwelling on the report that police may go back and do intermittent sweeps of the area around Bendaroon Drive. What are peoples' thoughts about the motive for that?
- That they might have missed something all the other times?
- That someone living in that immediate vicinity might drop their guard over time and some evidence will reveal itself?
- That whoever took William might return to the scene of the abduction - if that's what it is - and dump evidence there retrospectively?

BTW I was re-reading an msm report and noted that it was mentioned the grandmother moved to Kendall 'some years ago'. So that may or may not include 2010, when people noticed someone was peering from behind curtains at the Google Earth car...

Quite a few things worry/alarm me about this case. Here are a few:

Parents statement ""William up until a month ago was obsessed with all things fire engine and would tell us his name was 'Firefighter William', a future he deserves to fulfil...." - why only up until a month ago? Odd thing to say. What happened a month ago?

The focus on the forest, and seeming slowness to broaden the thinking. Just because William's last photo showed him in a Spider-man suit doesn't mean he'd be wearing that anytime soon thereafter - a real abductor stealing to order would have him in a change of clothes straight away. CCTV of gas stations on all roads leading to major cities?

Last sighting of William by someone who is not a parent/relative/caregiver? The 'last photo' places him there at around an hour before he disappeared - lack of scent trail by dogs tells me that he went nowhere on foot.

I am intrigued by the 'errand' run by the father. What, where, why?

As for the 'well-dressed, well-spoken' man who stopped at a local shop on Friday morning to ask directions to nearby Batar Creek Road - nobody planning an abduction would ask directions in this age of sat nav!

As for the words of the woman who calls herself 'Nicole', a few things stand out to me:
"William is pretty much always happy. He was happy to play in the garden and be with his family.' - odd thing to say - why would he not be happy with his family?

"We don’t know of anyone who has had prior contact with William" - strange thing to say, as humans are mostly in contact with others and do not live in isolation. What does she mean by 'contact'?

"He was playing in the backyard and running around the house with his sister. We are going to continue to comb the area trying to come up with something." - odd wording?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3DlntYi00

Maybe searchers were/are looking for red/blue (Spider-Man suit) and missing a body. Such dense foliage. The focus has been so much on what we are told the boy was wearing. I note that the last photo shows the little sister wearing a hoody (I think), indicating outdoor temperature maybe, yet the boy is barefoot in a thin looking Spider-Man suit - it looks more like pyjamas to me, though maybe I am wrong. His legs look rather thin and chilly. Just an observation.

Jmo, just parking some thoughts.

Quite a few things worry/alarm me about this case. Here are a few:

Parents statement ""William up until a month ago was obsessed with all things fire engine and would tell us his name was 'Firefighter William', a future he deserves to fulfil...." - why only up until a month ago? Odd thing to say. What happened a month ago?

The focus on the forest, and seeming slowness to broaden the thinking. Just because William's last photo showed him in a Spider-man suit doesn't mean he'd be wearing that anytime soon thereafter - a real abductor stealing to order would have him in a change of clothes straight away. CCTV of gas stations on all roads leading to major cities?

Last sighting of William by someone who is not a parent/relative/caregiver? The 'last photo' places him there at around an hour before he disappeared - lack of scent trail by dogs tells me that he went nowhere on foot.

I am intrigued by the 'errand' run by the father. What, where, why?

As for the 'well-dressed, well-spoken' man who stopped at a local shop on Friday morning to ask directions to nearby Batar Creek Road - nobody planning an abduction would ask directions in this age of sat nav!

As for the words of the woman who calls herself 'Nicole', a few things stand out to me:
"William is pretty much always happy. He was happy to play in the garden and be with his family.' - odd thing to say - why would he not be happy with his family?

"We don’t know of anyone who has had prior contact with William" - strange thing to say, as humans are mostly in contact with others and do not live in isolation. What does she mean by 'contact'?

"He was playing in the backyard and running around the house with his sister. We are going to continue to comb the area trying to come up with something." - odd wording?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3DlntYi00

Maybe searchers were/are looking for red/blue (Spider-Man suit) and missing a body. Such dense foliage. The focus has been so much on what we are told the boy was wearing. I note that the last photo shows the little sister wearing a hoody (I think), indicating outdoor temperature maybe, yet the boy is barefoot in a thin looking Spider-Man suit - it looks more like pyjamas to me, though maybe I am wrong. His legs look rather thin and chilly. Just an observation.

Jmo, just parking some thoughts.

Maybe he got obsessed with something else, like dinosaurs, or indeed Spider-Man. I remember my brother went through phases of being totally obsessed with things and then suddenly changing. For him it was dinosaurs, then Star Wars, then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then Ghostbusters. Little children often fixate on things.

I wish we knew for sure that he was even at his grandmother's place that day. Is there even any evidence of that? Perhaps the photo if its location is able to be verified. But for sniffer dogs and searchers to come up with zero suggests that he was never there. I live up the road from Kendall and, having two young boys of my own, I am a bit obsessed with this case!

I wish we knew for sure that he was even at his grandmother's place that day. Is there even any evidence of that? Perhaps the photo if its location is able to be verified. But for sniffer dogs and searchers to come up with zero suggests that he was never there.

:wagon: Vathom!

I wonder if he was there, but left way before the alarm was raised too .. we are definitely not being given all the information on this one and it's all very strange.

I wish we knew for sure that he was even at his grandmother's place that day. Is there even any evidence of that? Perhaps the photo if its location is able to be verified. But for sniffer dogs and searchers to come up with zero suggests that he was never there. I live up the road from Kendall and, having two young boys of my own, I am a bit obsessed with this case!

We do - the police analyzed the phone from which the Spiderman costume photo in MSM was taken and have proven it was taken within an hour of his disappearance, and it clearly shows him and his sister playing on nan's verandah.

The dogs searched the nearby bush but the immediate surroundings of the house had already been contaminated by the large number of people already searching for him.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526 . This story was behind a paywall the other day but I seem to be able to access it now. It came out roughly a week after William went missing, and contained more info than had appeared in MSM up to that point, so it featured heavily here and on SM.

Lots of new blood joining in on this recently, which is great, but lots of old ground being covered too (to be expected), so the above article is an excellent summary of what's known so far, and to address certain speculation coming up again (as above)... "The “errand” William’s father was on has been investigated. He was where he said he was. The phone on which the last photograph of William was taken has been analysed — the photo was taken “within an hour” of his disappearance. There is no evidence of any family dispute.

William’s wider family has been thoroughly investigated and interviewed, too. Their alibis have been declared sound — they were hundreds of kilometres away when William disappeared. Very few people knew the family had left Sydney to visit the area.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member