Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-b...hild-sexual-assault-case-20160907-grako8.html

William "Bill" Spedding will fight to have allegations he sexually assaulted two children thrown out of court.
The mid-north coast whitegoods repairman submitted a bid for a stay on proceedings in the Campbelltown District Court late on Tuesday.

The move to have the case dismissed was made as it emerged a police interview with Mr Spedding, in which he denied the allegations, had been lost.

William 'Bill' Spedding makes bid for stay on child sexual assault case

SEPTEMBER 7 2016 - 12:03PM

Ava Benny-Morrison

William "Bill" Spedding will fight to have allegations he sexually assaulted two children thrown out of court.

The mid-north coast whitegoods repairman submitted a bid for a stay on proceedings in the Campbelltown District Court late on Tuesday.

The move to have the case dismissed was made as it emerged a police interview with Mr Spedding, in which he denied the allegations, had been lost.

Mr Spedding's trial, expected to run over three to four weeks, was also moved to Sydney's Downing Centre District Court.

His stay application is expected to be heard before his trial begins.

Judge John Pickering took issue with the defence only serving documents on the crown the day before the hearing was due to start.

"This is a serious application for, as I understand it, a permanent stay of proceedings (on) allegations of the upmost seriousness," he said.

The court heard some witnesses had died but that was not unusual in historical cases.

Crown prosecutor Craig Everson said the prosecution would rely on tendency evidence between the two alleged victims and other allegations not the subject of charges on the indictment.

"Mr Spedding was spoken to by the police about these allegations and that interview has been lost," Mr Everson told the court.
While the crown knows Mr Spedding denied the allegations, it did not know what form the allegations took and how they compared with recent statements.

The case was adjourned to February 6 with the trial judge expected to hear the stay application.

Read full article here.

Frogwell, you said you can't get past Lakewood but you believe in the parents' grief. Does that mean you think William met an accident?

What I meant by the Lakewood scenario, was that given the details that we know of about WT's disappearance, it seems the most realistic out of all the scenarios being offered IMO. Having said that, when I hear the voices in the interviews of the FP's, I think he was abducted. It is contradictory I know. I have thought about a scenario of a child meeting with an accident, but forensically, I think that would have been discovered sooner than now....Mind you, the 1st detectives were not on the scene until about 2.30pm and it is unknown if the house and surrounds were treated as a crime scene until they got there. That's 4 hours of people walking around that property. I am going by gut feeling now for what it's worth and when I feel there is dishonesty in a situation, for whatever reason, I want to probe. It may be information that the police has been given, but is omitted in the retelling to the public. Besides the parents having a version of what happened that morning, it might be helpful to publish the FGM's version of events or what WT's sister said at that time. I wonder about things like, did a relative or friend pop over that morning and leave before WT disappeared, and it being deemed not necessary to be made public. The logic being why drag them through it when it's obvious they are not involved. I wonder if WT's foster parents developed a relationship with members of WT's bio family outside the policies of FACS and met up, only to have him taken, and believing that the other child might be removed from them, were dishonest about that.... A lot of the interviews seem to be about PR for this couple who were devoted to this child who was a really good boy and he would be horrified to find himself with anyone else. The FM has chastised the public in interviews about moments of that morning she wants to keep private and not share with the world which is reasonable, however there is a certain level of arrogance I detect when she says this as this is an abduction and every detail could have significance. MOO

Had grandma had people come through the house for a look prior? Grandma had the house up for sale?

I would imagine people had been through the house as it had been for sale. When WT disappeared the house had been sold and was in the settlement period. MOO

You can't see the porch from the vacant block across the road because the carport blocks the view. You can get a good view from the top of the road at the entrance to the cemetery track. If you had someone up there and someone down where the cars were parked, you'd have William covered whichever way he moved. The car windows being open would facilitate the use of binoculars.

View attachment 100884

A red spiderman suit would have helped the locating .... :(

What I meant by the Lakewood scenario, was that given the details that we know of about WT's disappearance, it seems the most realistic out of all the scenarios being offered IMO. Having said that, when I hear the voices in the interviews of the FP's, I think he was abducted. It is contradictory I know. I have thought about a scenario of a child meeting with an accident, but forensically, I think that would have been discovered sooner than now....Mind you, the 1st detectives were not on the scene until about 2.30pm and it is unknown if the house and surrounds were treated as a crime scene until they got there. That's 4 hours of people walking around that property. I am going by gut feeling now for what it's worth and when I feel there is dishonesty in a situation, for whatever reason, I want to probe. It may be information that the police has been given, but is omitted in the retelling to the public. Besides the parents having a version of what happened that morning, it might be helpful to publish the FGM's version of events or what WT's sister said at that time. I wonder about things like, did a relative or friend pop over that morning and leave before WT disappeared, and it being deemed not necessary to be made public. The logic being why drag them through it when it's obvious they are not involved. I wonder if WT's foster parents developed a relationship with members of WT's bio family outside the policies of FACS and met up, only to have him taken, and believing that the other child might be removed from them, were dishonest about that.... A lot of the interviews seem to be about PR for this couple who were devoted to this child who was a really good boy and he would be horrified to find himself with anyone else. The FM has chastised the public in interviews about moments of that morning she wants to keep private and not share with the world which is reasonable, however there is a certain level of arrogance I detect when she says this as this is an abduction and every detail could have significance. MOO
I would like to know why FM almost immediately felt it was an abduction right from the start......What is she not telling?.......the missing link to this puzzle?....MOO:..dunno:

sydney channel nine news just showed a clip of bs and ms walking into court for his historic abuse case this morning

Did you notice MS having now another hairstyle and another haircolour? Now dark and less curly but longer than before?

[h=1]How could toddler William Tyrrell simply vanish into thin air?[/h]William changes from his pyjamas into his favourite Spider-Man suit. He looks adorable and at 9.45am his mum takes a photo of him, grinning into the camera, while his sister sits on the floor, drawing pictures to put on Opa’s grave. Nanna makes a cup of tea, and between 10am and 10.25am the two women sit outside as *William and his sister play chase in the *garden, which slopes down steeply, 70 metres or so, to the road. There’s no fence. At one point *William is seen hiding behind a celery wood tree, halfway down the garden. He has morphed from Spider-Man into Daddy Tiger and they smile as he makes growling noises, trying to frighten his sister.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Sometimes FM makes a cup of tea, sometimes GM makes a cup of tea, both the women sat on the veranda, one of the women sat on the veranda (one inside house) - I don't understand why the story always is changing. If the details would be an alibi then it had to be stated: c-o-n-t-r-a-d-i-c-t-o-r-y, IMO.

I find it really interesting Jubelin being on this case. I watched a show on him and the process he went through with the Bowraville investigation. On the night one of the victims was murdered, one of the people in the house heard something going on behind a closed door, a thump and then silence. She didn't enter the room to check on the child but went back to bed. That fact was not reported to him until a long way into the investigation. I remember Jubelin being so sensitive to that witness, that she probably didn't come forward with that piece of information out of shame or guilt, but when it was revealed, it made all the difference. It always stuck with me, and I guess this is the type of information I am expecting someone to reveal one day, that will help for all this situation with WT. A niggling doubt that has been dismissed but can't be ignored. And I am thinking closer to home. Maybe a sound was heard (considering the silence that was reported that day) that was dismissed because if it was reported, someone's account of events might be looked at more closely. MOO

I've seen "Lakewood" come up a couple of times now - sorry, what is this a reference to? Is it the name of somewhere nearby, and I know I haven't looked at a map recently, or is it a reference to another case or something?

Sometimes FM makes a cup of tea, sometimes GM makes a cup of tea, both the women sat on the veranda, one of the women sat on the veranda (one inside house) - I don't understand why the story always is changing. If the details would be an alibi then it had to be stated: c-o-n-t-r-a-d-i-c-t-o-r-y, IMO.

Interestingly the making of a cup of tea by whomever was never mentioned in any of the recorded interviews. I still believe that the time frame of William's disappearance, as given by the mother, is inaccurate but not deliberately so.

April 2015

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...w/news-story/ed1f5129392099a484179e1b3e1bc447

Sydney’s child cold cases: Police working to solve disappearance of 16 children in NSW

In 2003, Brian James Fitzpatrick, who was previously convicted for indecent assault, was subpoenaed to appear before Renee’s inquest but he died in a car crash weeks before the hearing.

Recently, detectives also questioned paedophile Michael Guider, the man jailed over the killing of nine-year-old Samantha Knight, after one of his former jail mates told police that he repeatedly sketched pictures of a child he called Renee.

But any hopes of a breakthrough were dashed when Guider reportedly denied, categorically, any involvement in Renee’s death during a police interview.

How tragic for the parents: first suspect dies in car crash, second denies - forever no solution. Hopefully WT's parents will not have to endure something like that.

Lakewood is where William's father went to make his web connection, conference call or whatever it was. I seem to have heard the place mentioned a bit lately too, so maybe it has another significance.

I've seen "Lakewood" come up a couple of times now - sorry, what is this a reference to? Is it the name of somewhere nearby, and I know I haven't looked at a map recently, or is it a reference to another case or something?

I want to know also!! :blushing: I came up with Lakewood via Google only with hometown of "the personal speaker" of BS= CY.

Interestingly the making of a cup of tea by whomever was never mentioned in any of the recorded interviews. I still believe that the time frame of William's disappearance, as given by the mother, is inaccurate but not deliberately so.
I'm thinking William's mother went to help his sister who went to the toilet. Rather than go into that, she said that she made a cup of tea.

Lakewood is where William's father went to make his web connection, conference call or whatever it was. I seem to have heard the place mentioned a bit lately too, so maybe it has another significance.

I thought it had been Kew.

Funny you should post that article as I was just going through it again. In the police interview, the FP are asked about their memories of WT that morning and the FF refers to WT being in his Spider-Man suit. I kind of cross referenced what he said with this article and although it is not clear, the article gives the impression that WT changed after the FP left for his appointment. I remember contacting Greg Bearup about this article because as it outlined the mornings events it stated that while the FM was searching for WT she rang her husband and he raced home to help in the search. It is no longer in the article and yet I didn't see any date on the article of when it had been updated.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Just for the record, I thoroughly believe the FP's grief and anguish, I don't think anyone could act that, but I still think there is something dishonest about their communication that has nothing to do with not revealing their identities, and I can't get past itMOO

In this interview dad says
4:03
I recall seeing him taking all the toys out of Nanas cupboard and bringing them to the play room.................
He was just starting to get into...I think he had already got into his outfit, his spiderman outfit.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k/news-story/a01f0873e1df51515a73d8bfdb0e4f9f

I would like to know why FM almost immediately felt it was an abduction right from the start......What is she not telling?.......the missing link to this puzzle?....MOO:..dunno:

..... and her husband "frantic" from the start - what is he not telling?

Ah right, thank you! That makes some of the comments come together a bit more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966