Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything I have heard, he appears to be a good grandfather to those children.

I haven't heard anything.
Oh, Colin did give him a big wrap in the media.
But the children were removed from his care and it has been reported that the ombudsman will investigate how the children came to be living with him.
I guess it will all come out in the wash.
imo

There will be details of the reward released today I am sure. They did say safe return at one point, then reverted to less specific. I imagine they would want the reward to work to solve the crime even if he is deceased.

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/videos/10154089298461185/

The NSW Government has announced a $1 million reward for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell.
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione and lead investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, were joined by NSW Premier Mike Baird, to announce the landmark reward today (Monday 12 September 2016), to coincide with the second anniversary of William’s disappearance.

“This is a unique reward, it does not require the charge and conviction of any person(s), it relates to the recovery of William Tyrrell.

“To put the past two years into perspective, I can tell you police have received almost 3000 calls through Crime Stoppers, there have been more than 1000 alleged sightings in NSW, and another 300 around Australia or overseas; hundreds of persons of interest and hundreds more potential vehicles of interest nominated, more than 11,000 investigative reports completed, more than 450 addresses canvassed, and more than 300 statements obtained,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.

As part of the announcement of the reward, police are reminding the community they welcome potential sightings, but urged the use of common sense.
“Remember, two years has passed; William is now five-years-old and highly unlikely to be wearing a Spiderman outfit,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.

There is more to it .......

Commissioner Scipione also says at the end "We are all looking forward to the recovery of young William"

The word recovery ....confusing..frustrating.
At the beginning it was all about holding out hope it would not go from a rescue to recovery operation.

Two years later a one million dollar reward for information that will lead to William's recovery.
Lets hope the reward leads to his rescue.
imo

I hate the idea of someone gaining financially from this.

16:30
"The person responsible for abducting William will now have to look at the people they've confided in and think well there's a million reasons why they might betray you. So the pressue is on."

That's some heavy words of warning. If you know who did this they might shut you up before you dob them in!!! So hurry the FU.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154088829661185&id=218519706184

That is actually a very good point. The perpetrator could actually do away with person or persons who know too much. I sure as heck wouldn't want to know who had him and not be going to the police.

both channel nine a current affair and channel ten the project did interviews with det jubelin tonight

Could somebody that got to see a current affair please post anything that hasn't already bee said earlier today. I missed it :(

both channel nine a current affair and channel ten the project did interviews with det jubelin tonight

I caught his interview on The Project this evening. Some of his comments ....

We are very deliberate in the way we are approaching this investigation.
We are very deliberate in offering this reward now.
He spoke a lot about people with knowledge being able to come forward now, without fear of prosecution.
They will continue to operate as if William is alive, with no evidence to the contrary.
He has nothing but admiration for William's parents ... unbelievable horror they are enduring.

He is determined to get to the bottom of this. They are rolling up their sleeves and continuing the hard work.

what if this person who may or may not come forward with information that leads to locating William was part of the crime and aided in the crime . Would they be exempt from any prosecution ? It would be wonderful to recover him through information passed on this way but surely if they were involved they couldn't walk away Scott free.

Wow, this case is certainly groundbreaking! While I still believe it was an opportunistic abduction, I hope with all of my heart that gorgeous little William has been taken by somebody with less nefarious purposes, such as somebody related to his bio family. If he has been kidnapped by somebody who intended to keep him for themselves, I feel that this whopping reward will certainly help speed up the resolution to this case. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what if this person who may or may not come forward with information that leads to locating William was part of the crime and aided in the crime . Would they be exempt from any prosecution ? It would be wonderful to recover him through information passed on this way but surely if they were involved they couldn't walk away Scott free.

I think that is exactly what it means. They reveal exactly where William is, and how they know this, and they walk away. Free from prosecution.
I'd love to read the text of the actual reward. it probably says that this does not apply to the actual (primary) perp.

I caught his interview on The Project this evening. Some of his comments ....

We are very deliberate in the way we are approaching this investigation.
We are very deliberate in offering this reward now.
He spoke a lot about people with knowledge being able to come forward now, without fear of prosecution.
They will continue to operate as if William is alive, with no evidence to the contrary.
He has nothing but admiration for William's parents ... unbelievable horror they are enduring.

He is determined to get to the bottom of this. They are rolling up their sleeves and continuing the hard work.

Pretty much the same on A current affair. He also said there are several people under covert investigation.
Sorry my brain is fried from my kids! If I find the link to the interview I'll post it

Jubelin was just on ACA. Rehashed most of what has already been said.

He said they have no evidence to suggest William is dead. Keep an eye out for families who have acquired a child in unusual circumstances, and anyone who reacts strangely to mention of William.

Message to POIs - if you have been spoken to only once don't assume police won't come back.

Identity of anyone who comes forward will protected. They will not be charged with concealing a crime but GJ did say this obviously doesn't include anyone who was responsible for taking him.

An artist's impression of William at 5 was shown (taken from a newspaper, not police.) GJ said the resemblance wouldn't change much from 3 to 5 so police are not concerned with images, just the circumstances of the crime.

GJ said the offer of a reward at this point was strategic. It doesn't mean investigators are not getting anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim