Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many houses were 'for sale' in Benaroon drive?

From memory, several. The undeveloped block across the street, and #35, and I think someone came up with a couple of others way back in the threads somewhere.

The thing I don't get about the cars (if they were involved in William's disappearance), is why on earth would you park in such a visible area - noticed by William's mother, and probably others - where your rego numbers could be seen, where your cars can be identified. Where someone could even see clearly inside your car if they were out having a morning stroll, and if you were in the car they'd have a clear vision of your face.

There was no need to park there, if you were after William. There is the track further up the road that would conceal your cars. Plenty of forest and trees to conceal yourself.
It can't have been strategic parking, because they would have no idea that William would run around that particular side of the house, all alone, at any time - let alone that morning when William wasn't even supposed to be there yet.

And why did the FM not mention them when she rang the police to report WT missing. She was specifically asked about strange cars.

Thanks for that Willowbank two-car abduction example Bohemian.

If people have been named in MSM as being questioned and/or had their properties searched (with the exception of William's then-foster family) by Strike Force Rosann investigators in relation to William's disappearance, it's more than likely they are categorised as 'persons of interest' (remembering DI Jubelin said POIs, ie; past and/or present, numbered in their hundreds).

Named in MSM = POI (even neighbours of William's FGM at the time of his disappearance)?

The thing I don't get about the cars (if they were involved in William's disappearance), is why on earth would you park in such a visible area - noticed by William's mother, and probably others - where your rego numbers could be seen, where your cars can be identified. Where someone could even see clearly inside your car if they were out having a morning stroll, and if you were in the car they'd have a clear vision of your face.

There was no need to park there, if you were after William. There is the track further up the road that would conceal your cars. Plenty of forest and trees to conceal yourself.
It can't have been strategic parking, because they would have no idea that William would run around that particular side of the house, all alone, at any time - let alone that morning when William wasn't even supposed to be there yet.

The open car windows suggest that the drivers were not intending to remain parked there for very long.

It was mid morning at the lowest ebb of traffic. People were at school, or at work. Traffic had subsided.

The street had an extremely low traffic flow, especially being a no through road in a town. The vehicle colours were the most popular, often used by criminals to be lost quick in traffic. The houses were well recessed back on blocks, some 50 metres from roadside.

The car that passed, if there was one, may have done so with the cars not even been noticed. Properties were for sale. Nothing may seem out of place. Another day passing.

And why did the FM not mention them when she rang the police to report WT missing. She was specifically asked about strange cars.

Panic does strange things to comprehension and/or memory. It's possible she thought the 000 operator meant at the exact time William went missing. She said she didn't remember the cars until much later after she'd picked up her sister from the airport and she realised they weren't parked there. 20/20 hindsight when she had time to recall everything about the events of the morning before William went missing?

The car windows open may have made the vehicles look less suspicious, and someone may have been using mirrors to view the area from a low point in their seat without being noticed in the vehicle. Windows wound up can provide a less clear perspective through a mirror. They have been lying in seats.

Windows wound down may have given the impression of people passing and look less suspicious as potential buyers. The nearby houses are 50 metres from the verge in some cases.

The open car windows suggest that the drivers were not intending to remain parked there for very long.

How could anyone think in such a stressful situation. The brains fight to block the trauma.

Panic does strange things to comprehension and/or memory. It's possible she thought the 000 operator meant at the exact time William went missing. She said she didn't remember the cars until much later after she'd picked up her sister from the airport and she realised they weren't parked there. 20/20 hindsight when she had time to recall everything about the events of the morning before William went missing?

Exactly. Not on a stakeout then. And who knew there would be those specific few minutes in which to grab a little boy who was all alone?
More than likely just visitors, for whatever reason. imo

i know, too easily able to be identified if they were watching the family
it really seems like the occupants had just jumped out and gone somewhere quickly, not far away, leaving their windows open,
or maybe it was someone having a secret meetup or affair, and they had gone for a stroll up to the cemetary?
it sounds like they were only there briefly also because nobody else saw them did they?

Another idea - hypothetically if a house was about to have its drive or part of it resurfaced, or a tree felled next to the drive, its residents would park their cars on the roadside.

@richieswan: at "Sixmaps" website is there a way to find out the date of the aerial images ?

Exactly. Not on a stakeout then. And who knew there would be those specific few minutes in which to grab a little boy who was all alone?
More than likely just visitors, for whatever reason. imo

i know, too easily able to be identified if they were watching the family
it really seems like the occupants had just jumped out and gone somewhere quickly, not far away, leaving their windows open,
or maybe it was someone having a secret meetup or affair, and they had gone for a stroll up to the cemetary?
it sounds like they were only there briefly also because nobody else saw them did they?

The cars were there from the time William's FM saw them from the balcony when she went out there with the children to look for a local kookaburra, and again when she was playing with William and his sister in the yard (celery tree). This was after the 9 am green-grey/grey car drive-by and u-turn (whilst she was watching the children ride their bikes on the driveway).

Therefore, the drivers' of those cars weren't there on a 'quick' visit. Maybe hiding (waiting) in plain sight? (A PI did just that to find my siblings and I. We were basically 'stalked' but not abducted, thank God. This doesn't influence my thinking; in fact, a random opportunistic abduction is a simpler explanation. I'm taking into consideration DCI Jubelin, Police Commissioner Scipioni, Premier Mike Baird and Justice Minister Troy Grant's 'belief that William is still alive as there is no indication he is deceased'. If a stranger abduction occurred than it's more than likely William is deceased. They would know that. I don't get the impression they are lying.

Hi, first time poster, long-time lurker. Been following via websleuths and other forums since William's disappearance. This group's thread has been really interesting. In my opinion only, there were always these questions in my mind: Why only take William? Why then? How did no-one see anything and why didn't WT scream? And most recently, why would police allude to the fact he may still be alive? And if they know the 'who' then why not raid the 'where'? In my opinion only, I can present a scenario that fits. I hope this is ok to post re your websleuths rules. I believe when GJ says the family has been cleared, he means the only family that has ever been officially referred to by police. Who from the bio family had such a close bond with WT that they would go to such lengths? Someone who may have been told since William was born that he looked just like him, perhaps. Not bio mum or bio dad. Someone who possibly didn't agree with the fact that as he was not bio dad he couldn't continue his bond through visitation rights since WT was fostered out. And was possibly not happy with WT being adopted fully by FPs or returned to bio mum. Perhaps feeling that the only option was 'saving' WT. That's answered why just William and why William didn't hesitate going to this person that morning. I believe this person owned one of the car types but it was strategic that police released info about those cars one year on. I hope and believe William may still be alive and being 'cared for' and someone else also knows this, but believes the person did the right thing, 'saving' William if you like. However, GJ is determined to get WT returned to FPs and is hoping $ will be chosen by this other person - it's upped the ante. In my opinion, GJ found out a lot of info about CSOs during this process and it was deliberately used as an opportunity to flush out whatever they could. And allowed this person of focus to relax. Hence Rosann 2. But covertly other things are happening and it's just the 'where' that GJ needs because the case has been built 90% to answer 'who' and 'why'. Police are now just eliminating other scenarios, other people, so it backs up in court. I hope I haven't overstepped the mark here and understand if my post needs to be deleted due to rules I have misinterpreted. Thankyou for reading!
Welcome WhiteLion and thanks for your excellent post. IMHO, this scenario makes a lot of sense.

Another idea - hypothetically if a house was about to have its drive or part of it resurfaced, or a tree felled next to the drive, its residents would park their cars on the roadside.

@richieswan: at "Sixmaps" website is there a way to find out the date of the aerial images ?

Lawnmowing, contractor(s) employed by a business on the street. As Sarah Yule said, 'someone residing, visiting, or working the area'.

True, but wouldn't the neighbours recognise the cars as being locals?

I wouldn't have thought a tree lopper team would be local child abductors. Neither bitumen as a group abductors. The chances low, the vehicles not conducive to the dirty work. Generally teams go to a central work meet point, then to multiple work sites.

Another work type, maybe... Mostly solo perpetrators, like whitegoods repair, or scrap hunter. But a team of aborists would be a hard task, not to mention noisy.

(A PI did just that to find my siblings and I. We were basically 'stalked' but not abducted, thank God. This doesn't influence my thinking; in fact, a random opportunistic abduction is a simpler explanation. I'm taking into consideration DCI Jubelin, Police Commissioner Scipioni, Premier Mike Baird and Justice Minister Troy Grant's 'belief that William is still alive as there is no indication he is deceased'. If a stranger abduction occurred than it's more than likely William is deceased. They would know that. I don't get the impression they are lying.

I had no idea this happened to you Bohemian. I'm so sorry.

And agreed, a stranger abduction is far more likely to mean William is deceased. Am hoping with all hope it was a known one...

Taking two children doubled the risk with an extremely high chance of being caught with the need of more people. The daughter went to the toilet inside leaving only William.

As has been speculated, taking one may have destabilised the chance foster parents keep the girl.

Yeah, what most the posters have been saying. Its a dragnet, and police are writing off other prospects, and hauling in bigger fish. People in the area are being eliminated from the area to sew it all up.

They are interviewing a large amount of people. In a town of 4000 that will build a bigger picture. There was a camera at the tennis club. Asking lots of people questions in a small town means anyone with cars of that description will come under some close scrutiny.

Welcome WhiteLion and thanks for your excellent post. IMHO, this scenario makes a lot of sense.
Hi, first time poster, long-time lurker. Been following via websleuths and other forums since William's disappearance. This group's thread has been really interesting. In my opinion only, there were always these questions in my mind: Why only take William? Why then? How did no-one see anything and why didn't WT scream? And most recently, why would police allude to the fact he may still be alive? And if they know the 'who' then why not raid the 'where'? In my opinion only, I can present a scenario that fits. I hope this is ok to post re your websleuths rules. I believe when GJ says the family has been cleared, he means the only family that has ever been officially referred to by police. Who from the bio family had such a close bond with WT that they would go to such lengths? Someone who may have been told since William was born that he looked just like him, perhaps. Not bio mum or bio dad. Someone who possibly didn't agree with the fact that as he was not bio dad he couldn't continue his bond through visitation rights since WT was fostered out. And was possibly not happy with WT being adopted fully by FPs or returned to bio mum. Perhaps feeling that the only option was 'saving' WT. That's answered why just William and why William didn't hesitate going to this person that morning. I believe this person owned one of the car types but it was strategic that police released info about those cars one year on. I hope and believe William may still be alive and being 'cared for' and someone else also knows this, but believes the person did the right thing, 'saving' William if you like. However, GJ is determined to get WT returned to FPs and is hoping $ will be chosen by this other person - it's upped the ante. In my opinion, GJ found out a lot of info about CSOs during this process and it was deliberately used as an opportunity to flush out whatever they could. And allowed this person of focus to relax. Hence Rosann 2. But covertly other things are happening and it's just the 'where' that GJ needs because the case has been built 90% to answer 'who' and 'why'. Police are now just eliminating other scenarios, other people, so it backs up in court. I hope I haven't overstepped the mark here and understand if my post needs to be deleted due to rules I have misinterpreted. Thankyou for reading!

These are the criminal profiler's thoughts, from a year ago ....

"Dr Sarah Yule is a member of the police taskforce that is working with detectives to find the three-year-old, who went missing during a family visit to the New South Wales home in September last year.
She said that if no-one but the child's parents and grandmother knew about the visit, then the kidnapper would have had to have another reason to be there — either visiting, living or working in the area.

She added there was also only a narrow window of opportunity to take the child from outside the property, which is in a dead-end street.

"It does seem that this was an opportunistic crime and when somebody makes that kind of impulsive decision, mistakes are made and it's those kind of mistakes that the investigation is focusing on," she said.

The head of the investigation, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, said the kidnapper would have taken some tremendous risks."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-...t-suspected-william-tyrrell-kidnapper/6771350

ETA: This article also offers a very good general timeline, with articles referenced within the timeline for more detail - and the timeline is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member