Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more than likely the last time William would visit foster grandmas house. More than likely no trips to this house, back to Sydney with probability no return this house. It was now or never. Will was 3 and portable without a fight, and possibly a scream.
The street was a no through road on the outskirts of a little country town where the home density is low, and houses recessed some 50 metres back from the verge. There was ajoining escape routes through dense forest, and non accessible back roads such as the cemetery road, not accessible from Benaroon.
One the neighbours was on holidays, their house vacant. It was midweek when everyone was at work and school, it was mid morning when (9.30am-10.00am) when school traffic and many would be at work.
Someone had a plan in place, they were watching, when that window opened at the moment of opportune, they snatched William then executed their pre plan on what they had to do. M.O.O
Police have searched every puddle with dive teams. Every hole, every drain with search grid teams. He is not there.

Someone didnt have to commit the crime. All they had to do was inform someone else. The informant could have lived in the street, but Im betting not. Im betting all the alibi i's are dotted, and the t's crossed.

Can anyone remember the house number in Benaroon Drive where one of the neighbours was on his ride-on mower at the precise time that William disappeared?.........I wonder if William ran down to meet bio dad as he normally had done in the past & was accidently hit by a car....... The noise from the ride-on mower would have drowned out any screams that William let out........His body then quickly hidden & removed from the scene before any of the roadblocks were set up.

I also question fm's timeline re time William was unsupervised, as she said it was only 5 minutes........I am not laying any blame here on fm, as time can be deceiving when in panic mode........By the time fm rang 000 & roadblocks being set up, the perp could have had William in the car & been many kilometers away by the time that the search had started & roadblocks set up.

It still astounds me to this day how a 3 year child can disappear from the face of the earth in 5 minutes in a quiet little town like Kendall at that time of the day....... It probably will never happen again, hopefully.........There is much more to this case than we will ever know & I honestly feel that whatever has happened to William, the truth will never be told, sadly.......MOO....:thinking:

Can anyone remember the house number in Benaroon Drive where one of the neighbours was on his ride-on mower at the precise time that William disappeared?.........I wonder if William ran down to meet bio dad as he normally had done in the past & was accidently hit by a car....... The noise from the ride-on mower would have drowned out any screams that William let out........His body then quickly hidden & removed from the scene before any of the roadblocks were set up.

I also question fm's timeline re time William was unsupervised, as she said it was only 5 minutes........I am not laying any blame here on fm, as time can be deceiving when in panic mode........By the time fm rang 000 & roadblocks being set up, the perp could have had William in the car & been many kilometers away by the time that the search had started & roadblocks set up.

It still astounds me to this day how a 3 year child can disappear from the face of the earth in 5 minutes in a quiet little town like Kendall at that time of the day....... It probably will never happen again, hopefully.........There is much more to this case than we will ever know & I honestly feel that whatever has happened to William, the truth will never be told, sadly.......MOO....:thinking:
5minutes or 3 hours doesn't matter as it seems the timing was just right.

"Four days before William went missing, Spedding had visited William’s grandmother in Benaroon Drive to repair her washing machine. He took away a part and was supposed to return the day that William disappeared, to fix the machine."

(BBM)
"A few days later we contact his son, Rodney Spedding, who runs a Sydney electrical business. He says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rg6z6-1227308929078+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Bill Spedding ... later:
“The media have reported that I was supposed to attend the Tyrrell house on 12th September 2014. I wish to make it perfectly clear that this claim is completely false. I didn’t make any indication of any nature which would lead any person to believe that I was to attend the Tyrrell house on the 12th September 2014.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQvr4vkSAA

Bill Spedding ... later:
“The media have reported that I was supposed to attend the Tyrrell house on 12th September 2014. I wish to make it perfectly clear that this claim is completely false. I didn’t make any indication of any nature which would lead any person to believe that I was to attend the Tyrrell house on the 12th September 2014.”
bbm

Of course he didn't attend the Tyrrell house - because it wasn't the Tyrrell house, therefore he is telling the truth.

It was more than likely the last time William would visit foster grandmas house. More than likely no trips to this house, back to Sydney with probability no return this house. It was now or never. Will was 3 and portable without a fight, and possibly a scream.
The street was a no through road on the outskirts of a little country town where the home density is low, and houses recessed some 50 metres back from the verge. There was ajoining escape routes through dense forest, and non accessible back roads such as the cemetery road, not accessible from Benaroon.
One the neighbours was on holidays, their house vacant. It was midweek when everyone was at work and school, it was mid morning when (9.30am-10.00am) when school traffic and many would be at work.
Someone had a plan in place, they were watching, when that window opened at the moment of opportune, they snatched William then executed their pre plan on what they had to do. M.O.O
Police have searched every puddle with dive teams. Every hole, every drain with search grid teams. He is not there.

Someone didnt have to commit the crime. All they had to do was inform someone else. The informant could have lived in the street, but Im betting not. Im betting all the alibi i's are dotted, and the t's crossed.

This is pretty close to my main theory Crabbie. I think it was opportunistic ONLY in the fact that the timing all came together. The rest was planned. Possibly the fact the family were there a day earlier was part of the opportunistic part. For my way of thinking there are way too many co-incidences and links for this to have been a completely opportunistic scenario. Or one of the drain/septic/tank scenarios in this case.

This is pretty close to my main theory Crabbie. I think it was opportunistic ONLY in the fact that the timing all came together. The rest was planned. Possibly the fact the family were there a day earlier was part of the opportunistic part. For my way of thinking there are way too many co-incidences and links for this to have been a completely opportunistic scenario. Or one of the drain/septic/tank scenarios in this case.

I have to agree with you both if William's was a planned abduction, albeit with a few qualifications.

I don't think whomever kidnapped William thought he would arrive at his FGM's former residence on the night of the 11th of September as he and his family weren't meant to leave Sydney until the morning of the 12th. I think the kidnapper(s) lay in wait somewhere on Benaroon Drive waiting for the family to arrive on the day and may have been surprised that they were already there.

Confirming the family's presence would have been a simple matter of performing a 'recce' in the grey/grey-green sedan that William's FM reported was driven past No. 48 when the children were riding their bikes in the driveway at approximately 9:00am. They then made a u-turn in the neighbour's driveway, and drove past the driveway of No. 48 a second time giving them an opportunity to double-check that the child was indeed William and positioned themselves somewhere until the opportunity arose to kidnap him.

I can grudgingly discount the white station wagon William's FM saw earlier that morning and also reported to police as there has been a similar car parked in the same spot on many occasions since his kidnapping.

I can't however do the same for the grey/grey-green sedan as it doesn't make sense for the driver to turn the corner and use the neighbour's driveway to make a u-turn. It would have been much easier to perform that manoeuvre before then, unless of course there was a 'No Through Road' sign just around that same corner (which I've yet to find on Google Earth or on MSM).

I have to say, I am still keeping an open mind about an abduction by a local RCSO or first-time CSO.

Wexford,
I think for most of us, picking some kid up off the street with ill intention, we would make several mistakes in our flurry to find a random place dispose of someone which would more than likely been discovered by now. Even ifwe had a plan, we would probably get it wrong,

One POI had septic checked entirely after a plumber reported a childs shirt discovered had blocked the sewerage pipe. As for the Benaroon property, the window is less than 45 minutes, the internal diameter of the sewerage pipe is 4 inches so unless something is quickly chopped into pieces about an inch in diameter, its not going down Example, a childs shirt blocked the POIs sewerage.
So the only other possibility in a 45 minute window is a tank. Police can immediately tell if the septic tank has been directly interfered with. (I have been in a few septic tanks. Ive also filled them in) Forensic examiners are onto that one. We need to put it to bed. Personally, Im accepting the police forensics verdict. That is WIlliam is not there.

24E2AD7D00000578-2917934-image-a-9_1421792037085.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

Building a shed and renovation is a rare occurrence for a rental property. Why would you build such a large shed on a rental property? You would have to have an excellent tenant to landlord relationship

Police excavated the burn-off section of the backyard, and also measured a concrete slab that was laid for a shed currently under construction. A development application for renovation of the house is believed to have been lodged some time last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Bill-Speddo-Spedding-came-police-radar.html

24E3678F00000578-2917934-image-a-11_1421807097108.jpg

I think police had to have had a lot of unanswerable questions, and possibly suspicious phone pings, or CCTV, something really substantial, in order to get a warrant to rip all of Spedding's properties apart like that.
Even a shirt in a drain would not have been enough, unless it matched what William was wearing that day. imo

Headline: Couriermail - Paywall

HUNDREDS of children across Queensland have potentially been left in harm’s way because child safety officers closed the books on 1124 cases reported to them after failing to track down families.

I think police had to have had a lot of unanswerable questions, and possibly suspicious phone pings, or CCTV, something really substantial, in order to get a warrant to rip all of Spedding's properties apart like that.
Even a shirt in a drain would not have been enough, unless it matched what William was wearing that day. imo

Now DCI Jubelin and BS certainly have a history:

'Not only are Mr Spedding and Hillsley linked by family but they were arrested by the same detective about a decade apart.
Convicted murderer and rapist Jeffrey John Hillsley is related to Bill Spedding, it has emerged in court.

Homicide Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin arrested Mr Spedding on April 23, 2015, more than 10 years after he took Hillsley into custody. Mr Spedding is charged with five counts of sexually abusing two girls, aged three and six, in the 1980s.'

Bill Spedding's ex-brother-in-law a murdering rapist, court told

Headline: Couriermail - Paywall

HUNDREDS of children across Queensland have potentially been left in harm’s way because child safety officers closed the books on 1124 cases reported to them after failing to track down families.

Could you post the link or article title please FG? TIA.

Also, it would be great if you could post this on Tiahleigh's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-Pimpama-River-Qld-Oct-2015-ARREST-2/page54

I'm sure they would appreciate it too.

bbm

Of course he didn't attend the Tyrrell house - because it wasn't the Tyrrell house, therefore he is telling the truth.

Hair-splitting in it's finest version? :D I could imagine BS also wasn't allowed (like media) to use the true name of the house owners. Maybe he had to record his little video once more after the TV station checked his false first version? - Oh, this pitiable washing machine repair man! ;)

I guess we all can assume pretty much certainly that William is a foster child but police and msm have never as far as I know stated this at any time. Complicated is all that has been said, so anything about his time in care ect would have to be unverified I guess.

I have always found this a bit confusing. I would not describe a child being fostered as having a complicated family history. I think there must be more to it.

A plumber rang to report to police that a 'childs' shirt had blocked the plumbing. That set off alarm bells to do an in depth police search of the residence.

I think their concern was other bodies, and any clues they might find on the property. A shirt in the sewerage is not common.

I have always found this a bit confusing. I would not describe a child being fostered as having a complicated family history. I think there must be more to it.

That could *possibly* speak to the possibility again, of the fostering situation being a voluntary one.. and not only that, but perhaps one in which the bio and foster parent(s) have an amicable relationship, with the 2 families possibly making agreements as to visitation arrangements, and perhaps even possible future (open?) adoption plans? Just a thought.. because that would seem to make for somewhat of a complicated family history, at least as far as for reporting purposes in the news, in regard to this whole story. It could also explain why it was said early on that "there is no history of family conflict." (http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-wi...31-11fbdi.html

Also, was there talk recently of the possibility of someone perhaps moving overseas? If so, that could cause a kerfuffle in the amicability of such a relationship as above. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest