Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just marking my spot, and wishing for answers before the end of another thread.

Although I do think it is a very long shot that William fell in a septic tank I cannot see the problem in actually pumping the tank out to completely rule it out.

louise, I'm sure the search was as intensive as it was extensive. Like I've said, statistically, occurrences such as undiscovered death by misadventure do happen but they are outliers with low percentage probabilities.

William's disappearance was the same, a once in a decade occurrence; much like Samantha Knight's, Sian Kingi's or Daniel Morcombe's. The air of mystery that surrounds William's disappearance is due to the unlikelihood of the event. Children are not usually abducted from idyllic, safe, neighbourly, rural retirement retreats, named after famous Australian poets who wrote prose about bell birds*. Children are abducted on the harsh and dirty streets of our major cities or in disadvantaged and impoverished outer suburban and country areas.

Everything about William's disappearance has us shaking our heads 'No.', with good reason. Our brains make sense of the world through pattern recognition but William's disappearance doesn't fit into any pattern, or stereotypical situation, of which we clearly remember. However, there have been others; of which the great majority of the victims were older girls and boys.

I believe police did all they could humanly have done to find William in, or around, Benaroon Drive during the given period of time and I don't think we could have done any better had we drained every septic tank in Kendall ourselves.

*http://www.poetrylibrary.edu.au/poets/kendall-henry/bell-birds-0007061

you would think gms septic would have been drained, even just to rule out family hiding him in there etc and to cross off their list of possibilities,
unless, when they located it they examined and saw there was no disturbance to the earth, and the lid was inches below the lawn and not a flip lid, but if this scenario was true why even bother putting a camera etc in, if it hadnt been tampered with?

Lots of people searched and searched
73805b3fea0687c828f3752b925bf653.jpg

d8a800c2c6a3e853c6db901583c41fab.jpg

39938835eb11aaeaf33270610fb0dd8d.jpg

97d830de29237267a7e3b139083c430f.jpg

1c9520fefe49b6100c6304ddbb6dfb5f.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/ec70e7abcbc3cbca300a44027b501b61

I'm curious to know if there were any teenagers living in Benaroon Drive at the time of William's disappearance.

you would think gms septic would have been drained, even just to rule out family hiding him in there etc and to cross off their list of possibilities,
unless, when they located it they examined and saw there was no disturbance to the earth, and the lid was inches below the lawn and not a flip lid, but if this scenario was true why even bother putting a camera etc in, if it hadnt been tampered with?

Perhaps it had been recently drained, bearbear. The house was up for sale, had been sold, or was under consideration for sale, when William went missing, I believe. Didn't it change hands the following October?

Earlier today, I was trying to find out the terms of selling a property with a septic tank. In many US states there is a requirement for a septic inspection prior to sale. All I could find about Australia was that the buyer is recommended to have the septic inspected prior to purchase.

As with all things integral to the smooth operation of any house, I would think that perhaps some care had been applied to the condition of the septic system, prior to sale. In the same manner that some people apply a single coat of paint inside, prior to sale, to freshen the place up and achieve their asking price.

If the police did not drain the septic tank (which is a presumption, because we don't actually know that for a fact), perhaps there was a good and logical reason for it.
We just don't know enough about what has and hasn't happened, what is being kept out of the media, what they are doing out of the public eye.

I'm curious to know if there were any teenagers living in Benaroon Drive at the time of William's disappearance.

I always wondered that, too. Or if any were meandering through the neighbourhood that day, going to hang out in the forest for whatever reason, skipping school, out of school but no job .....

I always wondered that, too. Or if any were meandering through the neighbourhood that day, going to hang out in the forest for whatever reason, skipping school, out of school but no job .....

I did some research into the dates of school, college and university holidays in every state that may have coincided with William's disappearance; as richie would say, 'A million light-threads ago.' I hope the bookmarked links weren't amongst those I accidentally deleted but *sigh* they probably were *starts Google searching threads*

ETA: Well, that was easier than I thought (good old Boolean search terms):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-NSW-12-Sept-2014-21&p=12447791#post12447791

I did some research into the dates of school, college and university holidays in every state that may have coincided with William's disappearance; as richie would say, 'A million light-threads ago.' I hope the bookmarked links weren't amongst those I accidentally deleted but *sigh* they probably were *starts Google searching threads*

ETA: Well, that was easier than I thought (good old Boolean search terms):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-NSW-12-Sept-2014-21&p=12447791#post12447791

Thanks Bohemian. I was thinking more of a teenager who was no longer attending school and perhaps unemployed. Just a young guy at a loose end and bored witless.

Thanks Bohemian. I was thinking more of a teenager who was no longer attending school and perhaps unemployed. Just a young guy at a loose end and bored witless.

In my youth I was one to take short cuts through corner blocks when walking. If someone was walking west down Benaroon then cut the corner (heading north of the house) they would have bumped into William playing alone.......then what.

In my youth I was one to take short cuts through corner blocks when walking. If someone was walking west down Benaroon then cut the corner (heading north of the house) they would have bumped into William playing alone.......then what.

That is another possibility and may be why no cars were heard when William disappeared. And then what? William could have been coaxed back to the abductor's house, or could have been quickly picked up and a hand placed over his mouth. In this scenario the abductor would have lived or was visiting very close to the grandmother's house. William was then removed from Benaroon Drive when all of the chaotic searching was in full swing.

I still believe whoever took William was very close by, watching and listening until the unexpected opportunity arose to grab him when he came around the corner of the house.

Wasnt there a child approached in an unrelated incident in Benaroon.
What did the kids call it? The bush track? Obviously a considerable amount of children around but it was on a school day. It appears a gathering point for children of the area.
Im interested to see what the transaction amount was at buzz cafe prior the school merit assembly. And if there is any open cafe WIFI at BUZZ?

Wasnt there a child approached in an unrelated incident in Benaroon.
What did the kids call it? The bush track? Obviously a considerable amount of children around but it was on a school day. It appears a gathering point for children of the area.
Im interested to see what the transaction amount was at buzz cafe prior the school merit assembly. And if there is any open cafe WIFI at BUZZ?

Thanks Crabby. I wasn't referring to school age children. I was thinking along the lines of a young local guy, or girl for that matter, may have taken William. Just exploring all avenues.

That is another possibility and may be why no cars were heard when William disappeared. And then what? William could have been coaxed back to the abductor's house, or could have been quickly picked up and a hand placed over his mouth. In this scenario the abductor would have lived or was visiting very close to the grandmother's house. William was then removed from Benaroon Drive when all of the chaotic searching was in full swing.

I still believe whoever took William was very close by, watching and listening until the unexpected opportunity arose to grab him when he came around the corner of the house.

Again in my youth, my mates would know whose mate's houses were empty during the day (everyone at work, unlocked door, party garage whatever). The owners never knew their house was a teen hangout while they were at work.

Before you call me a bong-jockey, I said my mate's mates. I was at Uni sinking piss.

Thanks Crabby. I wasn't referring to school age children. I was thinking along the lines of a young local guy, or girl for that matter, may have taken William. Just exploring all avenues.

In the AIC and BOCSAR publications I posted above:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-25&p=12833161#post12833161

are statistics on the ages of offenders, and their victims, and the motive, circumstances and outcome of child abductions.

Well worth a read to narrow down the field.

Again in my youth, my mates would know whose mate's houses were empty during the day (everyone at work, unlocked door, party garage whatever). The owners never knew their house was a teen hangout while they were at work.

Before you call me a bong-jockey, I said my mate's mates. I was at Uni sinking piss.

Yes, I know what you mean. Jigging school; we called it back then. Ah, those were the days. Elton John and blackberry nip *sings* 'Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny and the Jets'

What was the name of that little three year old boy who was taken from a shopping centre in England by two pubescent boys? They murdered him. I'm not saying this is what happened to William but how do those two boys fit into all of the statistics on child abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState