Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the name of that little three year old boy who was taken from a shopping centre in England by two pubescent boys? They murdered him. I'm not saying this is what happened to William but how do those two boys fit into all of the statistics on child abduction?

James Bulger.

I dont think there are enough abductions in general to make any inferences from stats. What about Christina Regusters? An obsessed childcare worker buys a burka as a disguise and kidnaps a 6yo, posing as her mother on the day the child has a substitute teacher, and sexually assaults her with an object so severely that the child wears a colostomy bag for 6 months. There's no stats for that and the kids who killed James Bulger, they are aberrations in all the truest senses.

James Bulger.

I dont think there are enough abductions in general to make any inferences from stats. What about Christina Regusters? An obsessed childcare worker buys a burka as a disguise and kidnaps a 6yo, posing as her mother on the day the child has a substitute teacher, and sexually assaults her with an object so severely that the child wears a colostomy bag for 6 months. There's no stats for that and the kids who killed James Bulger, they are aberrations in all the truest senses.

I've never heard of the Christina Regusters' case. Bloody hell that is totally horrific! Yes I agree these monsters are aberrations in the truest sense of the word.

I enjoy reading statistics on a lot of subjects but IMO there is always that rogue element that doesn't fit the 'norm'. I liken it to being out at sea and you're aware of the swell of the ocean. It's predictable and so you steer your boat accordingly. You've checked weather reports and warnings for rough seas and all statistics and reports are in your favour. Just when you least expect it you're slammed by a huge rogue wave that just came out of nowhere.

Statistics may be helpful but there are not gospel.

d1bb451f711872ee692d0049cc91c942.jpg

Wasn't one of the killers of James Bulger given a new name and moved to Australia?

If it wasn't necessary to pump, then why pump BS's septic?

I have been present for the witnessing of more than one septic tank in my lifetime, and I've not seen the requirement for breaking apart and prodding of a substance that is thick and crusty before emptying. I just feel it is such a simple and relatively inexpensive thing that should have been done on a semi-rural property with a septic tank when a toddler mysteriously disappears and I don't understand the resistance, and don't understand why more people aren't concerned about it in this particular case. Noah Thomas, who was a few years older and substantially larger than WT, was deceased in his home's septic tank for days and there was no blockage yet, as of the time police finally decided to have it pumped. Imagine if little Noah's tank still hadn't been pumped? His body still wouldn't have been found either, and the search would still be on. And if there would be terrible smell, then why don't rural properties with septics have a terrible smell all the time, regardless of any bodies being inside, because it is not only bodies that create smell. When a septic is opened up, a smell is evident.. but when they're just normal, day-to-day living on a rural property without opening it up, those properties are like any other property, no smell. Some very expensive and impressive estate properties are on septic systems, and there is no smell.

As I understand it, BS was pumped due to a Plumber's report of a blockage. To best of my humble knowledge, no report of blockages at FGM's. It has been discussed & linked a number of times that ALL the systems ( in the street?) were thoroughly checked - I am sure we are not privy to the degrees of 'checking' & the minute details that may have been involved - water testing etc.

Police have publicly assotained that this was an Abduction. I know 'smoke & mirrors' are a major & strategic component of the Investigators' work process (which must be huge working through the mirriad of stuff that presents in these circumstances - particularly with the complications of Family histories & associations.) however, I don't believe any gaps in the checking of immediate areas.

Let's hope & pray for their empowerment and answers for this little boy, please.

Was it ever officially confirmed that there was a paedophile living in Benaroon Drive?
Would love to know if the worst of the worst of Australia's paedophiles have ever been given new identities, if so would police even be able to find out a POIs previous identity.

Was it ever officially confirmed that there was a paedophile living in Benaroon Drive?
Would love to know if the worst of the worst of Australia's paedophiles have ever been given new identities, if so would police even be able to find out a POIs previous identity.

They are on a police database kiwi, so they would know everything there is to know about them. On the other hand, we the public are kept in the dark about them. They wouldn't be given a new identity by police for being a paedophile but they can choose to change their name etc. but the police would still be aware.

I've never heard of the Christina Regusters' case. Bloody hell that is totally horrific! Yes I agree these monsters are aberrations in the truest sense of the word.

I enjoy reading statistics on a lot of subjects but IMO there is always that rogue element that doesn't fit the 'norm'. I liken it to being out at sea and you're aware of the swell of the ocean. It's predictable and so you steer your boat accordingly. You've checked weather reports and warnings for rough seas and all statistics and reports are in your favour. Just when you least expect it you're slammed by a huge rogue wave that just came out of nowhere.

Statistics may be helpful but there are not gospel.

No, they're not but they're all we have.

James Bulger.

Well then oz, that puts a hell of a lot of people out of work from criminologists to forensic psychologists.

No, they're not but they're all we have.

Well then oz, that puts a hell of a lot of people out of work from meteorologists to economists.

Why is it all we have? That is ridiculous. May I ask why you are so hell bent on relying on statistics? Statistics are a simply a generalisation, an average mean count and IMO it is narrow minded to adhere solely on them. You can throw as many links as you like here on the statistics of whatever, it means diddly-squat in William's case IMO.

From you link.

In the six-month period examined, five children under the age of 15 were abducted for sexual reasons. One of them was aged less than 10. A stranger abducted two of the children but the other two were abducted by someone known to them (in one case the relationship was unknown).

So what light does this shed on William's case? Absolutely nothing IMO.

I'm trying to make a list of houses on that road where at least one person was home at the estimated time of disapearance. So far I have 9, 11, 21, 31, 43. There may be more. None of those people noticed anything suspicious.

And of course, don't forget #48 (FGM's house) in the list for who was home at the time.

Would be interesting also to make a list of times in accordance with house#s that were home at which times, ie: #30: exited the street at approx 9am; #48: (FD) exited the street at approx 9:15am; returned at ?:??am; was it #9 who arrived back into the street right just before the stated critical time and then proceeded to unload her groceries?; etc.

Why is it all we have? That is ridiculous. May I ask why you are so hell bent on relying on statistics? Statistics are a simply a generalisation, an average mean count and IMO it is narrow minded to adhere solely on them. You can throw as many links as you like here on the statistics of whatever, it means diddly-squat in William's case IMO.

From you link.

In the six-month period examined, five children under the age of 15 were abducted for sexual reasons. One of them was aged less than 10. A stranger abducted two of the children but the other two were abducted by someone known to them (in one case the relationship was unknown).

So what light does this shed on William's case? Absolutely nothing IMO.

With all due respect, those are statistics for one six month period, for one state, contained in one publication; which I used as an example, ie; 'Well worth a read to narrow down the field.'. I have posted many links on William's threads to many other publications; not all of them reliant on statistics.

Of course, those statistics may not mirror exactly what may have occurred when William disappeared or since that time, but we have no facts to explain what did. Therefore, any scenarios we come up with are pure speculation. I would much rather have some idea of the data collected on the characteristics of abductors, and their victims, than rely solely on speculation.

To call the study of and reliance on statistics, especially in relation to crime, ridiculous is inaccurate; to say the least.

And of course, don't forget #48 (FGM's house) in the list for who was home at the time.

Would be interesting also to make a list of times in accordance with house#s that were home at which times, ie: #30: exited the street at approx 9am; #48: (FD) exited the street at approx 9:15am; returned at ?:??am; was it #9 who arrived back into the street right just before the stated critical time and then proceeded to unload her groceries?; etc.

That sounds like an excellent idea, deu.

Yes that would be useful.
So far I have found nothing about anyone being home, or going out, or coming home, at the two houses 51 and 52 which (like 48) have their driveways on the top east-west section of Benaroon Drive.
So, if WT had gone to the end of the driveway and waited in keen anticipation of FF's return (as he reportedly did at home in Sydney), then probably no-one would have seen him waiting there, because there is no indication that anyone was home at those two houses.

This is the only article I can find even hinting at there being a 'known offender' (RCSO?) living on Benaroon Drive:

'Every home has been searched. The Sex Crimes Squad has verified the whereabouts of known offenders in the street or town.'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3Ds14yDP8

I already mentioned a sad incident which happened only a month ago in Queensland where a 2 year old child accidentally fell into in a rainwater tank. None of the reports state whether it was an in-ground or above-ground tank. Here I add that I have found by examining an aerial news video that it was an above ground tank, and by comparision with the heights of adults standing near it in that video I estimate its height is about 2 metres. The child was in his grandparents' garden, and reportedly may have been playing hide and seek. (This is in addition to the tragic case ten years ago in South Australia where two 2 year olds scaled and accidentally fell into a 2 metres high above ground rainwater tank in their grandparents' garden).

I don't have time at present but you could do this on one page as a Gantt chart...left side column house number and top row time...highlight intersecting box in colour when they were home...

Hi, my first post. I'm Australian and I think about this case alot. I've read alot of the threads here. Just a quick question:
Are we only allowed to discuss what has been said in the media and must provide a link?
Does 'MOO' mean an opinion?
Does 'MSM' mean the media?

Somebody made a long post about BS at the end of thread 24...I'm not sure how to quote them as the thread progressed, however the person asked if BS had the washing machine part. I just wanted to say, I don't think it's verified, however I think he must have had the part because BS was quoted in the media saying he was relieved to not have to fit the part as he wanted to spend time with family.

Nice to meet you all. There's some seriously awsome intelligent people on this site and the WT thread.

Cheers Anita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member