Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...y/news-story/ff82152362f559e4bcc6da1ebfd47435

Inquest into death of Daniel Morcombe to resume in Brisbane on Wednesday

“The purpose of the resumption is to complete a process that was started, then adjourned, six years ago,” the statement read.
“This is a unique opportunity and a valuable one.
“To let it pass helps nobody, because rarely, if ever before, has an inquest commenced with 33 persons of interest and a missing child; and this process elevates one person, dismisses 32 and a family are provided the opportunity to lay that loved one to rest.
“Now we have the answers, the resumption will focus on investigative methodology.
“What systems worked and what could have been done better.
“As tragic as Daniel’s case is, there will be another, and another; they will walk in our shoes.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...y/news-story/ff82152362f559e4bcc6da1ebfd47435

Inquest into death of Daniel Morcombe to resume in Brisbane on Wednesday

“The purpose of the resumption is to complete a process that was started, then adjourned, six years ago,” the statement read.
“This is a unique opportunity and a valuable one.
“To let it pass helps nobody, because rarely, if ever before, has an inquest commenced with 33 persons of interest and a missing child; and this process elevates one person, dismisses 32 and a family are provided the opportunity to lay that loved one to rest.
“Now we have the answers, the resumption will focus on investigative methodology.
“What systems worked and what could have been done better.
“As tragic as Daniel’s case is, there will be another, and another; they will walk in our shoes.

Daniel's thread is here FG:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7-Dec-2003-2/page24&highlight=Daniel+Morcombe

So sad that Lil William's thread has dropped off the front page....:sigh:

What has happened with this case? Isn't the washer repairman still the prime suspect? Or has he been cleared? I am lost...

What has happened with this case? Isn't the washer repairman still the prime suspect? Or has he been cleared? I am lost...

It's coming up to the Summer and almost two months of school holidays in Australia, Katy, so I suspect many regular posters are otherwise engaged.

The last major presser from DCI Jubelin and mention of the investigation in MSM was on the second anniversary of William's disappearance in September. A 1M AUD reward and conditional immunity from prosecution was offered for information leading to William's recovery. He also stated that the investigation was ongoing and very active behind the scenes. He subsequently stated that there had been approximately 100 calls to the Task Force in response.

BS is still awaiting trial in two diferent state jurisdictions. As to whether he is a suspect or not in William's disappearance is unclear but he remains a POI, along with a number of others IMO.

Another Madeleine McCann case in the making...MOO..:waiting::waiting::waiting:

Both children disappeared while unsupervised...:notgood:

I don't know that I'd compare the two situations as both being unsupervised. The McCanns, absolutely, negligently unsupervised. I'd never leave my kids alone in a hotel room while I went down to the restaurant to eat. That's what Room Service is for ffs.

William and his sis were being supervised. My kids certainly ran around in my mother's yard during the day, playing, while Mom and I sat and talked on the porch, or watched from the kitchen window. I always felt they were very safe. Although now, I wouldn't do so with my grandkids. Live and Learn.

I don't know that I'd compare the two situations as both being unsupervised. The McCanns, absolutely, negligently unsupervised. I'd never leave my kids alone in a hotel room while I went down to the restaurant to eat. That's what Room Service is for ffs.
William and his sis were being supervised. My kids certainly ran around in my mother's yard during the day, playing, while Mom and I sat and talked on the porch, or watched from the kitchen window. I always felt they were very safe. Although now, I wouldn't do so with my grandkids. Live and Learn.

I would imagine your mum's yard was fully fenced & safe for your children to run around (not an unfenced large block of land surrounded by dense bushland as far as the eye could see & unfamiliar to William at the time).

I would imagine your mum's yard was fully fenced & safe for your children to run around (not an unfenced large block of land surrounded by dense bushland as far as the eye could see & unfamiliar to William at the time).

The back yard was fenced in. But not the front grass. They liked to sit under the trees out front and ride their trikes in the driveway. And color on the driveway with colored chalk and play hopscotch.

But there was no bushland or remote areas, I agree.

I just wish William was home safe with his sister writing a letter to Santa excitedly waiting for him to come. It is a very sad situation indeed.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s/news-story/f96574adccf6bf4a744643d0dc39e042 "*advertiser censored** off you wouldn't know anything" response Homicide Squad chief allegedly gave about Brett Peter Cowan being "their man" for Daniel Morcombe's killer... Aware different case and different thread but just goes to show the police are human and personal suspicions on suspects can severely hinder cases...

I just hate that these cases can go cold and can't imagine living through the unknown of where someone is... Really feeling for all involved with William nearing another Christmas and hope no stone has gone unturned in this case.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s/news-story/f96574adccf6bf4a744643d0dc39e042 "*advertiser censored** off you wouldn't know anything" response Homicide Squad chief allegedly gave about Brett Peter Cowan being "their man" for Daniel Morcombe's killer... Aware different case and different thread but just goes to show the police are human and personal suspicions on suspects can severely hinder cases...

I just hate that these cases can go cold and can't imagine living through the unknown of where someone is... Really feeling for all involved with William nearing another Christmas and hope no stone has gone unturned in this case.

It just makes you wonder if similar discrepancies in Daniel's case have also occurred in William's case...I just hope & pray that William's case doesn't drag on for years as Daniel's did...Just thinking of William's family facing another Christmas without him...so very sad for all concerned...MOO

It concerns me the effort the Morcombe family went to (without government agencies involved) to have a coronial inquest and subsequent murder conviction. Considering all the legal areas surrounding the Tyrrell case any inquest appears less and less likely. Just tragic that a 3 year old child is missing for over 2 years.

OFF TOPIC: On 9News.com.au. today "Queensland Coroner To Reopen Investigation Into WARRIENA WRIGHT'S Balcony Death".

As a lot of you are following Rie's Case on WS, you will be pleased to hear this good news. Rie's Thread has been closed until further notice.

The Coroner will be reviewing all the documentation before making a decision to hold an inquest.

Published in today's Sunday Mail.
(Unable to provide a link as I have just read it online).

No new news for William?........

Heattbreaking.......

OFF TOPIC: On 9News.com.au. today "Queensland Coroner To Reopen Investigation Into WARRIENA WRIGHT'S Balcony Death".

As a lot of you are following Rie's Case on WS, you will be pleased to hear this good news. Rie's Thread has been closed until further notice.

The Coroner will be reviewing all the documentation before making a decision to hold an inquest.

Published in today's Sunday Mail.
(Unable to provide a link as I have just read it online).

Warriena's thread is now open for those who are interested.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Paradise-Aug-2014-12&p=13010304#post13010304

It concerns me the effort the Morcombe family went to (without government agencies involved) to have a coronial inquest and subsequent murder conviction. Considering all the legal areas surrounding the Tyrrell case any inquest appears less and less likely. Just tragic that a 3 year old child is missing for over 2 years.

Even though I firmly believe that we will never know what really happened to William, wouldn't it be a tragedy if Bill Spedding IS responsible for William's disappearance, as he was named the main person of interest right from the beginning, as Brett Cowan was named as the main person of interest right from the beginning of Daniel Morcombe's disappearance (too many mistakes made in both cases, perhaps)...MOO

There is something that has stuck in my mind. I have often wondered if William tried to follow his foster dad when he left the house to make that phone call and William was taken off the street, some distance away from the house.
After listening to the tapes again - foster mum asked foster dad if William was with him - this being her first question to him immediately after William's disappearance had been noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95