Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on holiday and it seems I've missed some news. Need to catch up on the Karlie stuff, but meanwhile, what has happened to Makara?

It is just so sad William hasn't been found yet. I can remember when my son aged nearly 4 yrs.old vanished from my mother's front yard. And we were outside with the kids, and he took off without us noticing. It was panic stations when we couldn't find him. We were up and down the street calling him while my dad got in the car to look for him. My dad found him coming out of the street about half a mile away where my aunty used to live. He had to cross a main road to get there as well. What a relief that he was okay though, and i don't know what i would have done otherwise. It's such a horrible feeling of the worst dread, and my heart literally sank to my feet when i realized he wasn't where he should of been.
Tragically our beautiful boy was killed in a car accident years later at age 23.

Very sorry to hear this Karinna - and so sorry for your loss. It's every parents worst nightmare :(

I will be away for the next 10 days people :) with limited Wifi coverage. I actually return on the 12th - william's anniversary! I'm sure there will be a lot of buzz around then, and hope fully some new info... See you all then, & take care ~ iailwa

It is just so sad William hasn't been found yet. I can remember when my son aged nearly 4 yrs.old vanished from my mother's front yard. And we were outside with the kids, and he took off without us noticing. It was panic stations when we couldn't find him. We were up and down the street calling him while my dad got in the car to look for him. My dad found him coming out of the street about half a mile away where my aunty used to live. He had to cross a main road to get there as well. What a relief that he was okay though, and i don't know what i would have done otherwise. It's such a horrible feeling of the worst dread, and my heart literally sank to my feet when i realized he wasn't where he should of been.
Tragically our beautiful boy was killed in a car accident years later at age 2

Tragically our beautiful boy was killed in a car accident years later at age 2

So sor

Evidently my keyboard not working hence the half finished above posts. Now it's fine .

There are about 10 to a dozen names I check regulary on facebook to see what I can see in regards to this case, they apparently are not all connected. Anyway, I am getting no joy from any of them. Are other sleuthers encountering the same situation?

The ignore button is our friend.

yes very much so...silence is deafening.

There are about 10 to a dozen names I check regulary on facebook to see what I can see in regards to this case, they apparently are not all connected. Anyway, I am getting no joy from any of them. Are other sleuthers encountering the same situation?

The ignore button is our friend.

yes very much so...silence is deafening.

On FB anyway. I'll hazard a guess that's not their only means of communication.

Thanks Bohemian, it was long ago now but he is still sorely missed as is his sister.
Oh wow your brother was lucky he only sustained a broken leg. I hope that slowed him up from his adventures some.
It's sad because the risks for our children weren't so bad years ago. We walked everywhere when we were kids and no one ever tried to do anything to us. The world is a much scarier place now unfortunately.

You're grieving a daughter too, Karinna? I'm so sorry for the loss of your children.

Yes, he was lucky and it did stop him from disappearing.

I think we owe our childhood 'freedom' to our 'Aunties'. They kept their eyes out for us in our neighbourhoods (and dobbed on us to our Mums when we got up to mischief). As 'they' say 'It takes a village to raise a child.'.

You're grieving a daughter too, Karinna? I'm so sorry for the loss of your children.

Yes, he was lucky and it did stop him from disappearing.

I think we owe our childhood 'freedom' to our 'Aunties'. They kept their eyes out for us in our neighbourhoods (and dobbed on us to our Mums when we got up to mischief). As 'they' say 'It takes a village to raise a child.'.

Thanks Bohemian, yes my girl died 5 yrs. ago. She was my only daughter, and i had 3 boys. Only two boys left now. Life can be cruel.
That's good about your brother that he stopped disappearing. I agree it does take a village and people did used to look out for other people's kids back in the day. People are much more indifferent to others now IMO. More so in the cities i think.

Have been thinking of strategies the police could use along these lines:

** Given ISPs are now compelled to log web surfing activity, I wonder if the police could use visitors to WTs family Facebook pages to see if there are matches to any POI. Could help prioritise a POI as more "interesting" if they have done a little web stalking before the actual event. (Unfortunately I think the laws came in later).

** If the culprit was nervous they may well look at Web Sleuths' WT pages. Might help to know who looked. Would be thousands, but out of that one might already be a POI

** Could telcos hand over mobile numbers that were pinging in the immediate area? I know they can look up locations given a phone number, but could they look up phones based on location and time?

There a privacy concerns, but with a warrant and careful handling I am all for such tactics with the right need and purpose.

Dont think police can access FB metadata without warrant but it would be a needle in a haystack.

Checking IP logs is an ardious task for number of reasons.
A bag of mobile phones were found at a suspects retail business that could be used for communications and uploading images at say, eg, a local cafe via WIFI or pub (public WIFI) dependant the logging.
Not easily traceable. Maybe old owner but Im not up to speed on phone metadata variables.
Possibly a mac address or an NIC IP address for that matter.

I have feeling thatthis is why some people moved to the Kendall area as they cannot be tracked due to holes in tower coverage.
*Williams foster father had to go to town for a conference call as data not available. Thats what we were told.

If some did not take phone or not contactable, this would mean the abduction preplanned for the window of opportunity to open.

The phone was another variable in this being perfect abduction place at perfect time.

There would be tower pings locating as certain people moved through their journey into and out of range.
If those people were not in range at the time William went missing but the suspect said they were elsewhere then it would be an interesting coincidence.

I doubt proxy address would be used by these people. Maybe they might not be smart but know enough to be savvy.

Id say police checked tower logs but maybe the phone to be looking for is the phone metadata that is 'not' there.

Might be able to do database analysis that would establish that en mass. Find anomolies.

Drifters, not where said, not there at all.

Police said abduction was random.

I think it was planned and the window of opportunity opened.

Possibly someone had met someone else in prison.

Great post but with differences, as you say. Cheryl dissapeaed 40 +? years ago or so, when investigations were much less sophisticated. In Daniel's case there was a guy standing behind him (but no CCTV, & no speeding vehicles seen leaving the area). Also, investigations have improved since then. I just think the lack of public knowledge could be hindering the investigation. I know the police are wanting more than anything to find his anductor, but really, they will have less info unless they share. Each case is different as you say, and difficult to compare. Alas

What you say is true about the 'differences' but there is one tragic point of comparison between William's disappearance and those of Cheryl Grimmer and Daniel Morcombe (and many missing and/or murdered children). They have siblings. William was living in a home with his sister and has younger siblings, Cheryl has older brothers and Daniel has a twin brother.

To separate children from their parents is cruel enough but to separate them from their siblings is, in my opinion, despicable. Those children suffer the trauma of the 'not knowing' all the more keenly than do their parents or carers. How does a child cope with that trauma? Not well apparently. The 'not knowing' and unwarranted guilt nearly destroyed the Grimmer boys and God only knows how Daniel's twin coped after having Daniel torn away from him.

I will be away for the next 10 days people :) with limited Wifi coverage. I actually return on the 12th - william's anniversary! I'm sure there will be a lot of buzz around then, and hope fully some new info... See you all then, & take care ~ iailwa

Enjoy your holiday, iailwa (gee your username is almost an anagram of William — clever!). Hopefully William will be found by the time you return and he will be reunited with his sister and younger siblings.

Police said abduction was random.

I think it was planned and the window of opportunity opened.

Possibly someone had met someone else in prison.

As tgy (aka Chris P. Bacon) would say, 'Pig's arse!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members