Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think police can access FB metadata without warrant but it would be a needle in a haystack.

Checking IP logs is an ardious task for number of reasons.
A bag of mobile phones were found at a suspects retail business that could be used for communications and uploading images at say, eg, a local cafe via WIFI or pub (public WIFI) dependant the logging.
Not easily traceable. Maybe old owner but Im not up to speed on phone metadata variables.
Possibly a mac address or an NIC IP address for that matter.

I have feeling thatthis is why some people moved to the Kendall area as they cannot be tracked due to holes in tower coverage.
*Williams foster father had to go to town for a conference call as data not available. Thats what we were told.

If some did not take phone or not contactable, this would mean the abduction preplanned for the window of opportunity to open.

The phone was another variable in this being perfect abduction place at perfect time.

There would be tower pings locating as certain people moved through their journey into and out of range.
If those people were not in range at the time William went missing but the suspect said they were elsewhere then it would be an interesting coincidence.

I doubt proxy address would be used by these people. Maybe they might not be smart but know enough to be savvy.

Id say police checked tower logs but maybe the phone to be looking for is the phone metadata that is 'not' there.

Might be able to do database analysis that would establish that en mass. Find anomolies.

Drifters, not where said, not there at all.

Thank you crabby (or should I say, Q?)

Dont think police can access FB metadata without warrant but it would be a needle in a haystack.

ISPs now log URLs + URI. Police wouldn't need to talk to FB, just the ISPs. I assume there is a way to collect this info, else why would the government insist on keeping it?

Checking IP logs is an ardious task for number of reasons.
A bag of mobile phones were found at a suspects retail business that could be used for communications and uploading images at say, eg, a local cafe via WIFI or pub (public WIFI) dependant the logging.
Not easily traceable. Maybe old owner but Im not up to speed on phone metadata variables.
Possibly a mac address or an NIC IP address for that matter.

Wasn't thinking about network activity. More thinking about phones pinging towers.

Not sure if the technology exists, but would be awesome if the mobile towers can give a list of phones pining in a triangulated region.

I know they can find the location of a phone, but can they find phones in a location?

There would be tower pings locating as certain people moved through their journey into and out of range.
If those people were not in range at the time William went missing but the suspect said they were elsewhere then it would be an interesting coincidence.

Ah yes this would be handy

ISPs now log URLs + URI. Police wouldn't need to talk to FB, just the ISPs. I assume there is a way to collect this info, else why would the government insist on keeping it?

Wasn't thinking about network activity. More thinking about phones pinging towers.

Not sure if the technology exists, but would be awesome if the mobile towers can give a list of phones pining in a triangulated region.

I know they can find the location of a phone, but can they find phones in a location?

BBM

IMAGINE receiving a text message directing you to a police website because of where you were on a specific day, even though you hadn’t made your location publicly known.
This will be a reality for the 7500 Canadians who were in the vicinity of a murder in December last year.
The Ontario Provincial Police has announced it will be using this “new investigative technique” to find clues that might lead to the capture of the person responsible for the murder of 65-year-old hitchhiker, John Hatch.
Using a court order, the OPP is obtaining the phone numbers of everyone who was in the area where and when Hatch was last seen alive.
It will then text each of the numbers with message directing them to a police website, where they will be asked to answer a series of online questions relating to the investigation.
The technique, known as a tower dump, works by getting telcos to provide information about everyone who was connected to a mobile phone tower at any point in time...................

“On occasion mobile network operators receive requests from Australian law-enforcement agencies to provide communications information from a specific tower,” she said.
“These requests usually cover short periods and the information provided is only metadata.”

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...r/news-story/cf540cdc8cacd5b052b5651eb66bcb4b

'[Michael] Clifford, 21, and the toddler’s biological father Brendan [Collins], 36, reportedly share the same father, Daryl Clifford.'

''William’s grandmother, Natalie Collins, reportedly told the [Dail] Mail [Australia] she was in a relationship with Daryl, from Sydney’s west, in the 1980s.'

'Mother Karlie Tyrrell has been unable to talk publicly about the apparent abduction of her child for years because of child protection laws that prohibit identifying a child in foster care.

While unable to speak publicly about the disappearance of William in September 2014, Ms Tyrrell flooded Facebook with a series of grieving posts and photos throughout the years.'

Read more at:

WILLIAM TYRRELL REVEALED AS THE NEPHEW OF 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER’S MICHAEL CLIFFORD
Staff writer
News Corp Australia Network
Daily Telegraph
September 1, 2017 4:10pm
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d/news-story/74d2ce5959dda6009acbe91b6294fac2

Related stories:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/a49290399aa275034d9f565e0191b56e

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/2c7909c0e1fe408a0807fc97c14d21c5

Nothing new ..... other than......

Chart topping star Michael Clifford never met his nephew......................

Pop star is related to boy who disappeared.
West Australian
2 September

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20170902/281908773286440

William is nearly 6 years old. Michael is 21. Weren't William and his biological parents living with Michael's parents before William was taken into out-of-home care when he was around 7 to 8 months of age? Michael would have been approximately 16 years old. Was he living away from home, didn't visit his parents' home or was he estranged from them during that time?

ISP metadata requires a warrant, but you need to be closer to FB check the ISPs checking the multiple FB IPs page.
Going to an ISP, you need a suspect to check their account but remember man people have two accounts or more these days due to devices.
Proxy IPs dont apply to govt because ISPs might log metadata 2 years but there is only one pipe out this country and govt can analyse it unlike others.
Criminals often know the things they need t so dont get caught. People have bmoved to a town with big reception holes.
There be better ways to find Williams killers.
Unless you have special tinted windows government can read your machine via EMR which is why some companies have special tinted windows made a particular tint.
If people had a job as alabi where there is no reception and didnt show up, automatic suspect.
Metadata emitted might be GPS but someone might have non GPS phones in the bag.
A bag full of phones are throw away once done.

See, thats why criminals have bags of secondhand phones. They will have legititmate excuse for having them.
Because they know they are untraceable to the criminal.
That has changed now :)

I havent checked but metadata could also be tied to your voice signature which is why crims text.
Metadata certainly uses microphone and camera. Keyword aggregation.
But for me as a cop hypothetically, Id log you as a suspect. Its the things you do to avoid detection that makes you a crim. :)

Criminals have mobile jobs where they may be anywhere unaccountable.
More habits of a suspect.

Having a highly mobile unaccountable job that involves kerb crawling, that has big holes in mobile reception, that has considerable cash transaction puts you in the box seat for investigation for keeping an eye on.
Add a bag full of secondhand mobile phones, multiple vehicle ownership...
A white car with no indistinguishable marks, a further removable magnetic signage...

My mobile has a number which was quite obviously, someone else's number before it was assigned to me. Two days after I got the phone, I got angry texts from someone who thought that she was contacting the previous owners phone. I also get warnings from Adelaide about locking my pets up because of fireworks. I live on the NSW north coast.
How does that fit in to tracking phone numbers?

Police said abduction was random.

I think it was planned and the window of opportunity opened.

Possibly someone had met someone else in prison.

There just can't be such a coincidence, not when that PROOF of 6 degrees of separation stares you in the face.

As tgy (aka Chris P. Bacon) would say, 'Pig's arse!'

You called?

There just can't be such a coincidence, not when that PROOF of 6 degrees of separation stares you in the face.

You called?

I did, crispy.

My thoughts exactly (and I have to scrub your eyez out with bleach every time I 'look'.)

All this time later, all these theories later, and I still think this crime was opportunistic and random.

I think that if Spedding was not going to fix the grandma's washing machine that day (I think he was on his way there when he first called), if he didn't want to get that job done and receive the payment for it, I think that William would still be with us today.

I still believe that he did this crime himself. I don't think he planned it. I think he told no-one about it at all. I think that William is out there somewhere in the forests :( . And that the person who can crack Spedding's alibi for sure, his wife, is remaining quiet about it.

This may not be such a popular opinion, but it is what I believe likely happened.

All this time later, all these theories later, and I still think this crime was opportunistic and random.

I think that if Spedding was not going to fix the grandma's washing machine that day (I think he was on his way there when he first called), if he didn't want to get that job done and receive the payment for it, I think that William would still be with us today.

I still believe that he did this crime himself. I don't think he planned it. I think he told no-one about it at all. I think that William is out there somewhere in the forests :( . And that the person who can crack Spedding's alibi for sure, his wife, is remaining quiet about it.

This may not be such a popular opinion, but it is what I believe likely happened.

I just think if Spedding randomly abducted WT he would of had to of been in the right place at just the right time to see WT alone out in the FG's yard. I think from memory that FM & FG went inside to make a cup of tea and WT's sister needed to go to the bathroom. The FM says she heard WT roaring around playing tiger and then all went silent? Or has that story changed?
If Spedding did abduct WT it would of been a very brazen move because he must of known because of the contact he had that day with the FG to fix her washing machine that police would definitely be around to his place to question him because a little boy in that family's care was missing. Unless he mentioned it to someone else about the visitors FG was having at her place and they were lurking around? The window of opportunity was so small so whoever it was it was extremely quick they took William from the yard. Unless it was longer than what the FM said that William was unsupervised, because she didn't remember about the cars straight off either. Unless she was watching the clock how would she know exactly, and i would think she probably estimated how long it was.
Have there been any further searches ongoingly in the areas WT went missing from just in case they did miss something, or was there only ever the initial searches?
I know with some of the American missing child cases like Kyron Horman & Deorr Kunz they still conduct searches and those two children have been missing for quite some time too.

I just think if Spedding randomly abducted WT he would of had to of been in the right place at just the right time to see WT alone out in the FG's yard. I think from memory that FM & FG went inside to make a cup of tea and WT's sister needed to go to the bathroom. The FM says she heard WT roaring around playing tiger and then all went silent? Or has that story changed?
If Spedding did abduct WT it would of been a very brazen move because he must of known because of the contact he had that day with the FG to fix her washing machine that police would definitely be around to his place to question him because a little boy in that family's care was missing. Unless he mentioned it to someone else about the visitors FG was having at her place and they were lurking around? The window of opportunity was so small so whoever it was it was extremely quick they took William from the yard. Unless it was longer than what the FM said that William was unsupervised, because she didn't remember about the cars straight off either. Unless she was watching the clock how would she know exactly, and i would think she probably estimated how long it was.
Have there been any further searches ongoingly in the areas WT went missing from just in case they did miss something, or was there only ever the initial searches?
I know with some of the American missing child cases like Kyron Horman & Deorr Kunz they still conduct searches and those two children have been missing for quite some time too.

Police would have had a number of competing theories at the beginning of the investigation into William's disappearance, hence the extensive misper search of the area surrounding his foster grandmother's residence initially. As we have witnessed in MSM, the focus of their investigation has evolved over time.

Regardless, I think police would have a fairly good idea of the circumstances of William's disappearance and a strong suspect or suspects. Also, it now seems their focus is on covert surveillance of said suspect or suspects until they can recover William and make an arrest or arrests in relation to his disappearance.

I absolutely agree with you. Occam's razor works for me.
If there had been anyone whatsoever who saw Spedding at the school assembly, he would not be in this position. Huge red flag for the police.
Why would he lie?
He was meant to be going to grandmothers house, and I believe he did exactly that.
It must be so frustrating for Jubelin " knowing " but not having enough evidence to convict.

I absolutely agree with you. Occam's razor works for me.
If there had been anyone whatsoever who saw Spedding at the school assembly, he would not be in this position. Huge red flag for the police.
Why would he lie?
He was meant to be going to grandmothers house, and I believe he did exactly that.
It must be so frustrating for Jubelin " knowing " but not having enough evidence to convict.

Being seen at the school assembly, particularly at the end of it, wouldn't necessarily rule BS out, depending on what he (hypothetically) did with William, whether he passed him to someone or confined him someplace and went back in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator