Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ombudsman investigation into why children were living with BS may still be ongoing as well.

Michael Barnes will most likely hold that position come December 2017.

https://www.gladys.com.au/content/new-ombudsman-nsw

I would think it was okay for BS to have children in his and his wife's care at the time, because he had never been convicted of any crime before the new charges and arrest on him.
He has never been a convicted paedophile and that may or may not change after the Trial he is facing next year?
Wonder if that will be a jury trial or a bench trial?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...s/news-story/c822341ffb620445953b0e34fb7b2d5d

Predators who abuse kids or access child *advertiser censored* will face tough new laws, including more time behind bars
Lanai Scarr, Senior Writer, News Corp Australia Network

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...s/news-story/c822341ffb620445953b0e34fb7b2d5d

Predators who abuse kids or access child *advertiser censored* will face tough new laws, including more time behind bars
Lanai Scarr, Senior Writer, News Corp Australia Network

And buried in the content of this article is one of the major obstacles we have always had ... along with the parole boards, of course.

BBM

Any final sentencing will be up to judicial discretion and will take into account various factors.

Minimum sentence of 65 years imprisonment for a conviction of 13 offences, however that sentence may be lowered on judicial review.

Minimum of 70 years imprisonment under new cumulative sentencing, however that sentence may be lowered on judicial review.

Minimum of 40 years imprisonment based on a conviction of eight offences, however that sentence may be lowered on judicial review.

With the list of persons of interest still in the hundreds, police are keeping an open mind about why William might have been taken and police cited research suggesting a three-year-old child may not fit the ideal victim of a paedophile. He described the body of evidence, which includes more than 4000 pieces of information, as “extreme”, but one theory is that a single person abducted William.

“I want that person to feel the pressure,” he said.

“I want that person to feel that everyone’s looking at them and let’s see where that takes us.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/fc7bab27ca34b7406b67e6879cd10ab0
Police committed to William Tyrrell case three years after he vanished

With the list of persons of interest still in the hundreds, police are keeping an open mind about why William might have been taken and police cited research suggesting a three-year-old child may not fit the ideal victim of a paedophile. He described the body of evidence, which includes more than 4000 pieces of information, as “extreme”, but one theory is that a single person abducted William.

“I want that person to feel the pressure,” he said.

“I want that person to feel that everyone’s looking at them and let’s see where that takes us.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/fc7bab27ca34b7406b67e6879cd10ab0
Police committed to William Tyrrell case three years after he vanished

Pay wall blocked link

Pay wall blocked link

Sorry, I am not having any trouble opening it.

Basically same as ....
Det Jubelin said it was once in a generation crime.
The investigation weighs heavily on all involved.
The list of poi's still in the 100's.
GJ has nothing but admiration for the ff and the way they have handled the situation.
They continue to care for Williams sister and remain out of the media spotlight.

Sorry, I am not having any trouble opening it.

Basically same as ....
Det Jubelin said it was once in a generation crime.
The investigation weighs heavily on all involved.
The list of poi's still in the 100's.
GJ has nothing but admiration for the ff and the way they have handled the situation.
They continue to care for Williams sister and remain out of the media spotlight.

Thankyou

Daniel Morcombe's father Bruce Morcombe has been quite vocal about the disappearance of William and offered his services to personally help DCI Gary Jubelin in the search for William but Bruce received no reply.

One of Queensland's most senior police officers is being investigated over claims of misconduct at the time of the 2016 coronial inquest into the murder of Daniel Morcombe.

It has been claimed that Mr Condon abused his position by colluding with other officers to try and prevent Mr Martin and another former detective Kenneth King giving evidence at the inquest and to find out what evidence would be given to try and discredit then Mr Martin. Mr Martin also claimed a report he wrote 2 weeks after Daniel disappeared in which he named Brett Cowan as a prime suspect, went missing.

Mr King and Mr Martin were the first officers to interview Cowan and they both told the inquest last year that further resources including surveillance and search warrants should have been directed to him. Mr Martin told the 2016 inquest that then Detective Inspector Condon had strong leads on the case that would have seen Cowan caught years earlier but Mr Martin said those concerns were rejected by Detective Inspector Condon at the time.

The Morcomb's could have been spared many years of personal suffering.

I'm having trouble with this website again in trying to post the link to this story so just google the headlines of the story below and it will come up.

It was published on ABC NEWS on 10th June this year 2017 with the headlines;-

"DANIEL MORCOMBE: ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER BEING PROBED OVER ALLEGED MISCONDUCT DURING CORONIAL INQUEST".

Daniel disappeared in 2003 and this case is not over yet (14 years later)...

I sincerely hope that Little William's case will not drag on this long...MOO

I think WT's case would be a very rare occurrence in a fostered child so very young to go missing.
I know older foster children run away in those circumstances of being fostered, but WT is the only child i can think of in a foster care situation that is missing, and after 3 years remains an unsolved case.

So, who are we all staring at? GJ is funny in that he is so blatant at times, he says things that I think are so "duh" and then on second thought they are quite profound. MOO

P.s. I have had hell with this site for weeks, until I just paused every advertisement on the page, now it's running well.

I think WT's case would be a very rare occurrence in a fostered child so very young to go missing.
I know older foster children run away in those circumstances of being fostered, but WT is the only child i can think of in a foster care situation that is missing, and after 3 years remains an unsolved case.

I am feeling so much sadness for William today and wonder if he is still alive. I guess there is still so much that we don't know yet.

It still baffles me to this very day that a 3 year-old little boy can just disappear into oblivion while unsupervised for only 5 minutes...too sad to comprehend...MOO

nsw channel nine news advertising news item about william at 6pm tonight. probably the news conference from earlier

The fact that WIllams sister is still with foster parents is very relevant in them being cleared too. If there were any grey area I believe they would not be allowed to still care for her .

As for bio grandma, has she been cleared officially ? Her connections with kim loweke , tony Jones, spedding himself are all dodgy. She is not a very bright woman, could police have let her run her tongue earlier in the investigation to see if she would trip up?? And I base my not very bright comment on posts written by her on SM that were quite illiterate to say the least.

I am feeling so much sadness for William today and wonder if he is still alive. I guess there is still so much that we don't know yet.

It still baffles me to this very day that a 3 year-old little boy can just disappear into oblivion while unsupervised for only 5 minutes...too sad to comprehend...MOO

It is dreadful to comprehend that a 3 yr. old could just disappear like that in a relatively very quiet area that hardly ever had any traffic from what we have heard from locals that live there. Nothing like that before or since. Just unreal.

As for bio grandma, has she been cleared officially ? Her connections with kim loweke , tony Jones, spedding himself are all dodgy. She is not a very bright woman, could police have let her run her tongue earlier in the investigation to see if she would trip up?? And I base my not very bright comment on posts written by her on SM that were quite illiterate to say the least.

Oh wow, didn't know that about FGM. I don't read on SM so only get my info. here, so i know other people do read there though. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton