Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snap sleep.
I really swing back and forth in this case. I understand the FM's explanations very well and her way of thinking and describing the scenarios they encountered that day, I don't think 2nd hand reporting really explains as well, however I am struck at times by what I would call question marks in the FP's accounts. When it appears there are questions that the public has about what has been reported I think I notice the FM wanting to go into long explanations for the public's benefit and I guess it makes me wonder about the strong motives to want to make the public understand her side of the story. Would it not be enough that she , her family and friends and the police and FACS know the reality of what happened. It must be horrible having the public having suspicions around you but why bother trying to convince people you don't know? MOO
Good post. I feel the same switching back and forth. I don't know how I would be in an interview in the same situation...whether I too would give rambling answers about going to McDonald's because we never go there and how I make books of what the children have done or whether I would cut straight to the chase and answer the question directly. I personally would want the public to know everything that happened that morning though just on the off chance that someone may know something and I do remember FM in one article saying that they'd like to keep some things private from that morning.. also I feel she's right in protecting LT but I and probably the majority of the public were never aware Daniel Morcombe had a twin until recently and they fought and fought to have Daniel's face out in the media. I would rather be able to say to an adult sibling in the future that we had done everything possible to find their brother.. BUT everyone is different and if LE is to be believed, they are clear of any involvement

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

snap sleep.
I really swing back and forth in this case. I understand the FM's explanations very well and her way of thinking and describing the scenarios they encountered that day, I don't think 2nd hand reporting really explains as well, however I am struck at times by what I would call question marks in the FP's accounts. When it appears there are questions that the public has about what has been reported I think I notice the FM wanting to go into long explanations for the public's benefit and I guess it makes me wonder about the strong motives to want to make the public understand her side of the story. Would it not be enough that she , her family and friends and the police and FACS know the reality of what happened. It must be horrible having the public having suspicions around you but why bother trying to convince people you don't know? MOO

maybe shes trying to make herself and the family situation sound better than it is, paint a rosy picture, and herself above reproach?,
she may feel guilty for losing him and beating herself up, and needs the publics acceptance and approval to make herself feel better?
if i try to imagine being a mother or foster mother losing a child i honestly dont think id care what any public thought, i would be ill with grief and possibly medicated to the eyeballs to function daily, and not be able to front up and be interviewed without crying,
but then thats what child killer kristi abrahams did in that hysterical first tv interview and she was guilty!

Is there any word about BS Trial yet?

My take on it is that there is a complete media blackout. When I looked at the court lists this week his name did not come up. The main reasons I can think of for a media ban would be about this trial prejudicing the Victorian trial. We may not hear the result of the NSW trial until the Victorian trial is over. Hopefully, there will be reporting on the Victorian one. MOO

maybe shes trying to make herself and the family situation sound better than it is, paint a rosy picture, and herself above reproach?,
she may feel guilty for losing him and beating herself up, and needs the publics acceptance and approval to make herself feel better?
if i try to imagine being a mother or foster mother losing a child i honestly dont think id care what any public thought, i would be ill with grief and possibly medicated to the eyeballs to function daily, and not be able to front up and be interviewed without crying,
but then thats what child killer kristi abrahams did in that hysterical first tv interview and she was guilty![/QUOTE]
bbm

Very very obvious fake crying in that particular case.

but then thats what child killer kristi abrahams did in that hysterical first tv interview and she was guilty![/QUOTE]
bbm

Very very obvious fake crying in that particular case.

yes, there were no tears!

My take on it is that there is a complete media blackout. When I looked at the court lists this week his name did not come up. The main reasons I can think of for a media ban would be about this trial prejudicing the Victorian trial. We may not hear the result of the NSW trial until the Victorian trial is over. Hopefully, there will be reporting on the Victorian one. MOO

Yeah i guess that's probably the case. When is the Vic. trial?

but then thats what child killer kristi abrahams did in that hysterical first tv interview and she was guilty!

BBM, I agree and from personal experience being a bereaved mother as parents we feel what is known as "parental guilt" in the initial stages of grief. But after a while you realise you could have had no way of knowing what would happen, and there was nothing you could of done because of that. Even though at this point in time we don't know what happened to William it is a possibility he is no longer alive in the worst case scenario. And being the parent of a missing child compounds the situation for parents when they just don't know where said child is and what happened to that child. I would imagine you would go back and forth hoping they are still out there alive somewhere and okay, or that they are in fact deceased. It must be a terrible predicament to be in IMO just never knowing. And in William's case being that he was a foster child, you might have a little bit more hope that someone who really did love him too had taken him. In other child abduction cases not so much. All IMO.

I thought it was going on now.

I do believe some kind WSer earlier took the liberty of contacting a journalist (my apologies for not remembering names) and the journalist said something about suppression orders. It may be that or what Froggy speculated about a media blackout. It's all rather frustrating that after so long, there is still nothing.

I had been meaning to post to ask what happened with BS's trial, as I had thought something had been posted recently stating that the date was awhile ago? In regard to a publication ban, didn't I read months ago that a judge denied the request for a publication ban?? Additionally, even when there is a publication ban, wouldn't that only pertain to testimony during the trial, but not that the trial itself was actually happening? Very confusing.

Can I ask you guys something? This is something that's been kind of irking away at me. Maybe it is just the differences in how people imagine they might handle certain scenarios in their lives. I guess I'm having a bit of difficulty coming to terms with the 'difference' in comparison to what I believe I would personally be like, under same circumstances. After listening again to the audio clip posted just above by Frogwell, it reminded me.. but I believe there are several instances of it, perhaps in various recordings. How many of us, during an interview, 12 months after this horrifying event, would kind of 'giggle' when speaking of little happy memories JUST before the tragedy struck? I have to admit that every time I hear those giggles, it just hits me the wrong way. For me, whether it was the day after, or 12 months later, or a couple of years later, or a few years later, I just can't see me giggling about the cuteness of things that my child did right before. It would make me bawl. Even after such a length of time that I might not have to break out bawling, I still don't think I would ever be giggling. Like, we all 'get it', that yes, the child was cute, and did cute things, and there are cute memories including from just before the event, but to me, it just seems like it's trying too hard to be rubbed in, that there are cute memories. Just doesn't sit right with me, but that is just me. Wondered what others think about those giggles.

ETA: I guess what is occurring to me, in perhaps not these words.. but.. something along the lines of that saying that goes something like, 'thou does protest too much'..

Can I ask you guys something? This is something that's been kind of irking away at me. Maybe it is just the differences in how people imagine they might handle certain scenarios in their lives. I guess I'm having a bit of difficulty coming to terms with the 'difference' in comparison to what I believe I would personally be like, under same circumstances. After listening again to the audio clip posted just above by Frogwell, it reminded me.. but I believe there are several instances of it, perhaps in various recordings. How many of us, during an interview, 12 months after this horrifying event, would kind of 'giggle' when speaking of little happy memories JUST before the tragedy struck? I have to admit that every time I hear those giggles, it just hits me the wrong way. For me, whether it was the day after, or 12 months later, or a couple of years later, or a few years later, I just can't see me giggling about the cuteness of things that my child did right before. It would make me bawl. Even after such a length of time that I might not have to break out bawling, I still don't think I would ever be giggling. Like, we all 'get it', that yes, the child was cute, and did cute things, and there are cute memories including from just before the event, but to me, it just seems like it's trying too hard to be rubbed in, that there are cute memories. Just doesn't sit right with me, but that is just me. Wondered what others think about those giggles.

ETA: I guess what is occurring to me, in perhaps not these words.. but.. something along the lines of that saying that goes something like, 'thou does protest too much'..

i agree, and think the grief would last forever, life goes on eventually and if you have another child to care for you make an effort, but the sadness is buried away like a wound and even happy memories or photos etc would bring me to tears, too painful even years later,
but we all have ways of dealing with life changing events and maybe thats her way of coping, put on a happy face?
also maybe its different because he was a foster child and she always had an inner reserve protecting her in case he was ever taken away?
maybe they were advised to paint an extra rosy light hearted picture of williams domestic situation, for the interview, to get empathy from the public, especially because they couldnt show their identity, they needed to connect somehow?
also werent they advised to pack his things away from his room? that also seems like another coping strategy which im not sure i could do in that short frame of time either, unless i knew the child was dead?

i agree, and think the grief would last forever, life goes on eventually and if you have another child to care for you make an effort, but the sadness is buried away like a wound and even happy memories or photos etc would bring me to tears, too painful even years later,
but we all have ways of dealing with life changing events and maybe thats her way of coping, put on a happy face?
also maybe its different because he was a foster child and she always had an inner reserve protecting her in case he was ever taken away?
maybe they were advised to paint an extra rosy light hearted picture of williams domestic situation, for the interview, to get empathy from the public, especially because they couldnt show their identity, they needed to connect somehow?
also werent they advised to pack his things away from his room? that also seems like another coping strategy which im not sure i could do in that short frame of time either, unless i knew the child was dead?

It does take a long time to be able to smile again after the death of a child. My personal experience, and my son was a young adult as was my daughter. Perpetual sadness for what is lost.

It does take a long time to be able to smile again after the death of a child. My personal experience, and my son was a young adult as was my daughter. Perpetual sadness for what is lost.

karinna, im so sorry for your loss, i hope your life is now filled with love and joy and peace every day

No matter how good or caring they were, and how loving and stable a home they provided, WT and his sister were still foster kids. Not even adopted. They were under their care but ultimately were in the custody of the state and technically could have been taken away at any time, I'm guessing that knowledge would have something to do with it. Not that it was 'easy come easy go', I don't doubt for a second it's been a hideous, horrifying, heartbreaking experience. But I think that it would lead to very different feelings than it being your own biological kids. Or even adopted children, who might not be your blood or known to you their whole lives but are your own children, not the state's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes