Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what happens to this bloke now if he's innocent and waiting for the forensics? It's not like he can go home. I'm just wondering what on earth you would do if you found yourself in this situation and were genuinely innocent.

It is scary to think that you could be put through all of this and be completely innocent.
I can't help but have some sympathy for him and his family, I guess that will vanish if it turns out he is guilty.. but if he is innocent, poor guy!

I saw that also. She was the forensic person or profiler on the Channel 10 show last year called WANTED.

Police end search of 63-year-old washing machine repairman's house in William Tyrell case - but will spend weeks analysing evidence at forensic lab

Published: 15:12 EST, 21 January 2015 | Updated: 14:24 EST, 22 January 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3PXOsVXyS

DNA from one family member can point to another member.
IE if the police have DNA then WS's DNA will show it is a member of his blood family.
iykwim.

Sorry was there specifically something from the tank to be tested?

I know reporters from the outside saw they took things away in paper bags, but not sure I read anything trustworthy about where exactly it came from.
Yes.

Excavations from the burn-off pit, material from the septic tank and three paper bags of items taken from the rooms under the house will now be forensically examined and tested, a process that is expected to take weeks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3PXrnL0bb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

regarding the damaged car police may have been searching for at the beginning, maybe whoever took william did a really frantic quick turn into the grandmas driveway and their car scraped or knocked into something dislodging a part, but they were in a rush to get out of there with william and they sped back through the forest track dislodging and losing more car parts? old car?

Has it been reported that police had a warrant to search the properties, or did WS willingly allow them to search? When you think about it, many homes have been searched. 19 homes (IIRC) in Benaroon Drive, and some of the neighbours' names were released when they spoke to the media. All I'm saying is that WS may not be sinister and police are leaving no stones unturned.

And what happens to this bloke now if he's innocent and waiting for the forensics? It's not like he can go home. I'm just wondering what on earth you would do if you found yourself in this situation and were genuinely innocent.

Just a couple of things stand out for me:

That he had been questioned previously with no further action taken

The use of the word 'raid' when they searched the two properties. Did they pounce unexpectedly like a drugs bust? Because that's what Raid means to me, and if so why?

Someone called crimestoppers on this bloke and I want to know why and what they thought they had heard or seen!

Police have reiterated Mr Spedding is not a suspect in William's disappearance.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/bre...192825643?nk=14c939d2c4c42c16828f06935a3327c4

didnt they tell him he was a person of interest though?

They definitely have called him a POI. Maybe there just isn't enough to tip it from POI to suspect? Not sure on the definitions, but I would think 'suspect' is more serious and closer to being arrested or charged than a POI.

It could still be that they just think he's hiding something, or covering for someone and they're doing this to get to them? Who knows what/who though.

Maybe the DNA evidence is required before he becomes an actual suspect?

Just a couple of things stand out for me:

That he had been questioned previously with no further action taken

The use of the word 'raid' when they searched the two properties. Did they pounce unexpectedly like a drugs bust? Because that's what Raid means to me, and if so why?

Someone called crimestoppers on this bloke and I want to know why and what they thought they had heard or seen!

According to MSM reports, the raid at BS's residence took place at 5:30am. So yes, I would say it was unexpected. BS could have refused them entry and that it why the police would have had a search warrant firmly in hand. An early morning raid is used as an element of surprise. In this case it doesn't make sense to me why police did that but they obviously know a lot more than we do.

In regards to any damage done while forensics are going through the house I'm pretty sure the police foot the bill. In hayley dodds case they did when they dug up half of the house in moora that wark used to live in :/

They definitely have called him a POI. Maybe there just isn't enough to tip it from POI to suspect? Not sure on the definitions, but I would think 'suspect' is more serious and closer to being arrested or charged than a POI.

It could still be that they just think he's hiding something, or covering for someone and they're doing this to get to them? Who knows what/who though.

Maybe the DNA evidence is required before he becomes an actual suspect?

Yes, it seems as though there is a subtle difference between POI and Suspect.

POI
Someone who isn't a suspect in a crime, but just in consideration.
... a term used by law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime.

Suspect
a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offence.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...pv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition person of interest
https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition of suspect

^ Good point Makara about the early morning raid.

I found this online: theories about the differences between POI and suspect. This is an American page but could apply to Australia too:

A "person of interest" has information related to the investigation; a "suspect" is someone who the police believe to have committed whatever act they are investigating.

or

A person of interest may be a suspect, a witness, or someone with information relative to the case. It's someone the police wish to question who isn't necessarily suspected of wrongdoing.

http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-person-of-interest-and-a-suspect

Don't know if it's relevant, but according to that page his licence expired 27/10/2014. Was it never renewed?

There are two current and active ABNs associated with his businesses ... none in his personal name ... but that is nothing to do with his license.

One is registered under the Bonny Hills/Grants Beach/Lake Cathie postcode (and is a family partnership - in joint names - since 2000)
One is registered under the Dubbo postcode (in the company name - since 2009)

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByName.aspx?SearchText=speddo's

Who is going to make a new thread when this one gets too big!! :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members