Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Nationwide News Pty Ltd the Australian?

Yes. A Bloomberg publication. One with deep pockets. And a reputation for researching its facts before it publishes.

Nationwide News Pty Limited publishes news on print, digital, mobile, tablet, and NIM platforms. It offers The Australian, a daily national publication with early general news, business, life, recruitment, sport, arts, and classifieds sections;
https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=22239265

I can’t think of any news article published where spedding would have grounds to sue (if that’s what it is )

I can’t think of any news article published where spedding would have grounds to sue (if that’s what it is )

Well, good luck to him. He will be going against two giants, if he thinks he has enough money to sustain that kind of fight. If he thinks they haven't published facts from police reports.

As well as going against the Bloomberg corporation, he will be going against the Daily Mail ....

The Daily Mail has been one of the world’s most influential and trusted news brands since its launch in the United Kingdom more than a century ago. I’m excited that we can now offer Australians a local version with a strong focus on editorial integrity and campaigning journalism,' said Martin Clarke, Publisher, MailOnline.

This partnership with Mi9 makes complete sense to us. Two trusted brands with a commitment to journalism will offer stories that will set the agenda in Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514118/The-Daily-Mail-Australia-launch-online-2014.html

Guess we’ll just have to wait for the 4th of May or an MSM article — whichever comes first.

Well, good luck to him. He will be going against two giants, if he thinks he has enough money to sustain that kind of fight. If he thinks they haven't published facts from police reports.

As well as going against the Bloomberg corporation, he will be going against the Daily Mail ....

The Daily Mail has been one of the world’s most influential and trusted news brands since its launch in the United Kingdom more than a century ago. I’m excited that we can now offer Australians a local version with a strong focus on editorial integrity and campaigning journalism,' said Martin Clarke, Publisher, MailOnline.

This partnership with Mi9 makes complete sense to us. Two trusted brands with a commitment to journalism will offer stories that will set the agenda in Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2514118/The-Daily-Mail-Australia-launch-online-2014.html

Yes big fight ! His lawyer must think he has some grounds. Will be very interesting

Well he was not happy with the media printing the 8th when it was the 9th. Hence his self made vid...:D
Can he complain/sue because the media printed his alibi based on what a knockabout, gun-barrel-straight bloke told them?
:dunno:

Well he was not happy with the media printing the 8th when it was the 9th. Hence his self made vid...:D
Can he complain/sue because the media printed his alibi based on what a knockabout, gun-barrel-straight bloke told them?
I was thinking it may be related to the historic allegations. Has he been found innocent in that case and now feels he has the right to sue ? Still can’t see any articles that haven’t reported anything on him other than police allegations and court documents ??

I also think this overarching strategy is due to the fact that this is a unique once in a decade crime .... like Daniel's ... like the Bowraville murders ....

William’s disappearance is a “once in a decade crime”, according to Dr Olav Nielssen, a psychiatrist from the University of NSW who has studied juvenile homicides.

Once, every decade or so, “a child is abducted by some sexual deviant, or thrill killer, or in some other bizarre circumstance,” Nielssen says. These murders are extremely rare.

If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says.
“You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Once in a decade or so? I can recall at least 2 instances per decade... I wouldn't believe everything you read
60s - Beaumont children & Wanda beach
70s - Adelaide oval & Cheryl Grimmer (not solved until 2017)
80's - Kylie Maybury (solved just a couple of years ago) & Samantha knight (unsolved for 16 years)
90's - Karmein Chan, Bowraville Murders
20's - Daniel Morcombe (not solved till 2012), Michelle Pogmore

I was thinking it may be related to the historic allegations. Has he been found innocent in that case and now feels he has the right to sue ? Still can’t see any articles that haven’t reported anything on him other than police allegations and court documents ??

Yeah I think you are right.
Just thought about Col saying to the Australian

“I believe what I say and I say what I believe,” Youngberry says. He believes in Spedding. He says when his friend is legally able to make an official statement on William’s disappearance, there will be “fireworks”.

He doesn’t believe the pedophile ring rumours. “I think (police) are following any comment that’s made to keep filling in the picture, mate,” he says.
“Not one person has been hit with anything from a pedophile ring, have they?
“But it’ll come out that Bill’s totally innocent of the lot. You follow that angle, mate, and you’ll be spot-on. I guarantee you that one.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/2d8aa4bde6c83ded451c26090fb55643

Once in a decade or so? I can recall at least 2 instances per decade... I wouldn't believe everything you read
60s - Beaumont children & Wanda beach
70s - Adelaide oval & Cheryl Grimmer (not solved until 2017)
80's - Kylie Maybury (solved just a couple of years ago) & Samantha knight (unsolved for 16 years)
90's - Karmein Chan, Bowraville Murders
20's - Daniel Morcombe (not solved till 2012), Michelle Pogmore

None of those were 3 years old and none of them were foster children were they?

Yeah I think you are right.
Just thought about Col saying to the Australian

“I believe what I say and I say what I believe,” Youngberry says. He believes in Spedding. He says when his friend is legally able to make an official statement on William’s disappearance, there will be “fireworks”.

He doesn’t believe the pedophile ring rumours. “I think (police) are following any comment that’s made to keep filling in the picture, mate,” he says.
“Not one person has been hit with anything from a pedophile ring, have they?
“But it’ll come out that Bill’s totally innocent of the lot. You follow that angle, mate, and you’ll be spot-on. I guarantee you that one.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/2d8aa4bde6c83ded451c26090fb55643

Good ole Col.

None of those were 3 years old and none of them were foster children were they?

Ok can we have a few examples of other 3 year old in foster care - the one each per decade? I don't think it's meant to be so exclusive...

I wonder if he is suing good ole Col, too. :D

Ok can we have a few examples of other 3 year old in foster care - the one each per decade? I don't think it's meant to be so exclusive...

And I don't think it is meant to be taken so literally either. Once in a decade does not mean precisely every ten years. It means unusual, well-spaced, doesn't occur like this often, unique.

And I don't think it is meant to be taken so literally either. Once in a decade does not mean precisely every ten years. It means unusual, well-spaced, doesn't occur like this often, unique.

That’s right and how I read it too. Williams case is so unique in so many ways. He was there one minute, gone the next .

Not guilty would be the verdict. Innocent is not what he is, in my opinion. Too much detail, recall, damage, personal choice of dicey friends, and historical records there for him to be deemed truly innocent. Historical cases are hard, we all know that.

Lawsuits would be a good way to make a few bucks, hey? If one was to succeed. And if one was to fail, and be made to pay all court costs, it could lead to a person's complete rack and ruin.

What I was meaning is I wonder if the uniqueness of the case was/is the way in which it had to be handled in the media - due to William foster care status.
Is there any other cases known where someone presumably unknown to the family has sought an immediate inquest and removal of the lead detective.
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member