Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed a lot of cases both in Australia and overseas and, in my opinion, I’d say new information released by official sources has been scant for such a high profile case, since the first anniversary of William’s disappearance.

Thanks Bohemian

Are there any conclusions we can lean toward given the police are being scanty?

If they were still searching for a needle in a hay stack, we the public, would be asked for more than reporting when someone acts strangely if William is being discussed, I would have thought.

If only we had as much information on other persons who are on the list as we do BS. There could easily be someone on that list or someone yet unknown who also has means, motive and opportunity, however we know nothing about them. :sigh:

Question to the longtime WS'ers. Is the amount and type of information made public in William's case similar to other missing person cases or is this case more closely guarded in your opinion?

In every Australian case that I have followed closely here, the police have always dropped the perp's name to the public very quickly. Allowed the media to follow the perp around, while they sit back and say that they 'are not going to give a running commentary on the case' and that they 'are following all leads'.

They allow the media to apply the pressure that they want applied.

The only two cases that I can think of that were any different is Daniel's case, where they named the POIs by number. And, as it turns out, the officer in charge of the investigation was not listening to his fellow officers about who the most likely culprit was.

And in the Kylie Blackwood case, where they didn't name the perp but they did lots of other things, like releasing the activities of the day - attempted ATM withdrawals using Kylie's card, for example, and the perp's scoping of the property prior to the murder - as they tried to firmly establish his identity, ready for court. The perp would have known they were onto him, I think.

Thanks Bohemian

Are there any conclusions we can lean toward given the police are being scanty?

If they were still searching for a needle in a hay stack, we the public, would be asked for more than reporting when someone acts strangely if William is being discussed, I would have thought.

I just keep remembering DCI Jubelin’s words, ‘This is a unique investigation.’.

And I don’t think he was addressing ‘we the public’ at all when he asked for information about someone who acts strangely if William is being discussed, otherwise most of the long term followers of William’s WS’ thread would be on his radar; including me. Most people I have spoken to think sleuthing crime on the web is a pretty strange thing to do.

I just keep remembering DCI Jubelin’s words, ‘This is a unique investigation.’.

And I don’t think he was addressing ‘we the public’ at all when he asked for information about someone who acts strangely if William is being discussed, otherwise most of the long term followers of William’s WS’ thread would be on his radar; including me. Most people I have spoken to think sleuthing crime on the web is a pretty strange thing to do.

Was it said it was a unique investigation or a unique reward or both?

Is it a unique investigation because?

The overarching strategy, which has absorbed police resources across the state, is believed to be a first for homicide investigations in NSW.

https://www.queanbeyanagechronicle....-interest-in-suspect-abduction-investigation/

“This is a unique reward, it does not require the charge and conviction of any person(s), it relates to the recovery of William Tyrrell.

“By offering a reward at this point in the investigation, we are appealing directly to those who know something but have not previously been inclined to assist.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/can_you_help_us/rewards/1000000_reward/$1_million_nsw_government_reward_announced_for_the_return_on_william_tyrrell

The overarching strategy, which has absorbed police resources across the state, is believed to be a first for homicide investigations in NSW.

https://www.queanbeyanagechronicle....-interest-in-suspect-abduction-investigation/

I also think this overarching strategy is due to the fact that this is a unique once in a decade crime .... like Daniel's ... like the Bowraville murders ....

William’s disappearance is a “once in a decade crime”, according to Dr Olav Nielssen, a psychiatrist from the University of NSW who has studied juvenile homicides.

Once, every decade or so, “a child is abducted by some sexual deviant, or thrill killer, or in some other bizarre circumstance,” Nielssen says. These murders are extremely rare.

If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says.
“You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

I think its a unique reward because its directed solely to one person, and most of us know exactly who Jubelin means.
Its sad that so much has to be offered for someone to do the right thing.

“This is a unique reward, it does not require the charge and conviction of any person(s), it relates to the recovery of William Tyrrell.

“By offering a reward at this point in the investigation, we are appealing directly to those who know something but have not previously been inclined to assist.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/can_y...d_announced_for_the_return_on_william_tyrrell
In DCI Jubelin’s most recent presser, he stressed ‘[...] this is a unique investigation [...]’:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/e...e-of-William-Tyrrell-7-News-12-September-2017

I think its a unique reward because its directed solely to one person, and most of us know exactly who Jubelin means.
Its sad that so much has to be offered for someone to do the right thing.

That may very well be the case, kiwi but I, like DCI Jubelin, am keeping an open mind like I usually do in every case, until a conviction. I have disregarded my personal ethics before by going along with the majority of other people’s way of thinking, to my detriment, and I’m not about to risk doing that again. I am no one’s ‘judge, jury and executioner’.

And, I agree, it is sad to think that someone would only exchange information for a huge reward. Depending on the circumstances, the reward may be better used to relocate a witness in addition to giving them a new identity.

That may very well be the case, kiwi but I, like DCI Jubelin, am keeping an open mind like I usually do in every case, until an arrest and conviction. I have disregarded my ethics once or twice before by going along with the majority of other people’s way of thinking, to my detriment, and I’m not about to risk doing that again. I am no one’s ‘judge, jury and executioner’.

This thread is about William, Bo.
William and a criminal perpetrator(s).

If only we had as much information on other persons who are on the list as we do BS. There could easily be someone on that list or someone yet unknown who also has means, motive and opportunity, however we know nothing about them. :sigh:

Question to the longtime WS'ers. Is the amount and type of information made public in William's case similar to other missing person cases or is this case more closely guarded in your opinion?

I think it seems more closely guarded because this case has gone on for so long. I really don't think it is more guarded though, LE will only let out information "IF" it will help in their investigation. IMO they obviously have their line of inquiry.

As much as we want to know, we don't usually get the nitty gritty info until it comes to court. We might just have to be patient. :gaah:

I think it seems more closely guarded because this case has gone on for so long. I really don't think it is more guarded though, LE will only let out information "IF" it will help in their investigation. IMO they obviously have their line of inquiry.

As much as we want to know, we don't usually get the nitty gritty info until it comes to court. We might just have to be patient. :gaah:

I agree. Patient we must be.

This is a good reminder why things go quiet and patience is a must.
I love our brilliant police force.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...r/news-story/6a8f79430864d64989d3b7a6fce4b951

This wouldn’t work on many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always had this statement from his 3rd Anniversary press conference in my mind as what was unique about this abduction.

"And we're also mindful that our research tells us that the child, at the age of three, doesn't necessarily fit into the parameters of childless couples where young babies have been abducted. It's that unique nature of this investigation that's making this particularly trying."

The case/investigation is unique
The reward is unique
The abduction of a 3yr old boy is unique

I always had this statement from his 3rd Anniversary press conference in my mind as what was unique about this abduction.

"And we're also mindful that our research tells us that the child, at the age of three, doesn't necessarily fit into the parameters of childless couples where young babies have been abducted. It's that unique nature of this investigation that's making this particularly trying."

The case/investigation is unique
The reward is unique
The abduction of a 3yr old boy is unique

I think DCI Jubelin is speaking about the investigation in its entirety.

The complete question and answer from DCI Jubelin’s latest presser:

'(11:53) Reporter

'Are the majority of those suspects sex offenders?'

(11:58) DCI Gary Jubelin:

'I think we need to keep an open mind in regards to this. There's an assumption right from the start, that a three year old child's been abducted that may, or may not, be the sexual predator. We're keeping an open mind to that. I can't break down specifically how many persons of interest are on the basis of suspicion attached to their sexual interests in children but I do want to stress this is a unique investigation. I'm very mindful that we've looked at all possibilities and I keep an open mind to it.

I hear stories from overseas of situations where children have disappeared for decades and the turned up in circumstances. I also hear stories of incidents have occurred that are by accident and been covered up and then revealed. So, we are keeping an open mind to it and our focus is not just on sex offenders or, let's break it down; paedophiles. We're not just looking at that aspect of it.

And we're also mindful that our research tells us that the child, at the age of three, doesn't necessarily fit into the parameters of childless couples where young babies have been abducted. It's that unique nature of this investigation that's making this particularly trying.'’

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/e...e-of-William-Tyrrell-7-News-12-September-2017

Patience is key. If William is deceased, or is being held captive and harmed, I’m sure we want to know that SF Rosann have arrested the person or persons responsible and William’s loved ones will see justice done.

I think DCI Jubelin is speaking about the investigation in its entirety.

Yes he was talking about the investigation in it's entirety. :)

There are a number of facets to the investigation which give it it's uniqueness, I was adding one more to those already mentioned.

Also unique in that predators are more likely to target older children.

Yes he was talking about the investigation in it's entirety. :)

There are a number of facets to the investigation which give it it's uniqueness, I was adding one more to those already mentioned.

Also unique in that predators are more likely to target older children.

Yes, I understood that. The abduction of a three year old child is a rare occurrence; particularly of a male child such as William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics