Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I didn’t realise Mr Youngberry was a Vietnam veteran. I have joked about his role as BS’ spokesman in the past but being a veteran of that bloody war, any war, is nothing to be joked about. My Dad was a veteran and most likely died from the effects of the toxic chemicals dispersed, decades after he came into contact with them. They didn’t exactly come home to a heroes’ welcome either.

Would the DCS remove children to shield them from intense media scrutiny?
I wouldn’t think so.

This was the first real stability those kids have had, Youngberry claims, and all that is now in *jeopardy. The children were this week taken away by Department of Community Services workers. Youngberry says they were staying with other relatives and that the kids were removed only to shield them from the intense media scrutiny.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, ole Col ... always puts his spin on things, doesn't he?

TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

Three of the children who had been living with him and his wife have since been removed, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph last week, Mr Spedding said he and his wife were distressed at the involvement of FACS.
“It was an unrelated issue that’s been adversely affected by the William Tyrell activity,” he said.

The couple spent several hours at the FACS office in Port Macquarie last week the day after police concluded the search of their semirural Bonny Hills home and their business in Laurieton on the mid-north coast.
Mr Spedding had been initially interviewed by FACS workers on December 9 last year in an inquiry separate to the Tyrell case.

The mother who wants her child back said she was informed by FACs in December it was investigating Mr Spedding but would not tell her why.

A spokesman for FACS said yesterday: “As this matter is subject to an ongoing police investigation, FACS is unable to comment any further.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...e/news-story/73350ebd1be700109fa5a5eb5bb06d0c

Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Youngberry says he will not reveal the reasons why they were not living with their own parents but adds: “You can draw your own conclusions, it isn’t that hard.”

BBM

"The mother said her child was removed from her home by FACs because of a domestic situation."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...e/news-story/73350ebd1be700109fa5a5eb5bb06d0c

I see Josie’s already found the link to the second 5 [emoji3]

BBM. Yeah you’ve found my kryptonite, Inspector. I don’t know how to format numbered lists in bb code. *sticks tongue out*

While we’re throwing the ball around, here’s a few more occurrences that still seem to be particularly bothersome (to me, anyway):

Apparently of no significance to the investigation:

• The knife sheath and scrap of red fabric and the ‘William [+?] Dad’ carving in a tree found on the bush track off Benaroon Drive.
  • The Spiderman suit that was allegedly found in a garbage bin in a Port Macquarie Park.
  • The spraypainted ‘Jesus Saves William Tyrrell (Tyrell?)’ on the tree stump at Middle Brother National Park.
Not to mention wrt BS:

• The alleged attendance at his office, Buzz Cafe and MS’ grandchildren’s school presentation, their subsequent removal and complaint lodged with the NSW Ombudsman irt how at least one of those grandchildren came to be living with BS.
  • The missing ‘S’ on BS’ van.
  • The tip about the white van seen turning into a bush track off Ghost Road, Bonny Hills.
  • The Spiderman figurine found in BS’ van.
  • The t-shirt allegedly found in BS’ sewer pipe.
  • The searches of BS’ office, unit and home.
  • The laying of the historical child sexual abuse charges and subsequent NSW and Victorian trials. [With the NSW trial outcome unknown and matter(s) yet to be heard in Victoria.]
Either police are just waiting on that crucial piece of evidence to charge BS irt William’s disappearance or, as you frequently put it, Inspector, he may just be the unluckiest-washing-machine-repairman-in-the-world.

Bo I’ve personally categorically dismissed the Spider-Man suit and the tree engraving. Many posts way back supporting my opinion that they aren’t connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo I’ve categorically dismissed the Spider-Man suit, the tree engraving

I’m not thinking of them as directly connected with William’s disappearance, more as distractions for investigators. I think the same goes for the tree stump. It amazes me that people think it’s OK to play silly buggers when a child is missing.

really .. I'm confused ... THE Mother said ... Her CHILD ... really, what about the other children ?

The other two from another parent(s). Lots of messed uppedness in that family, I think.

And with Margaret defending Spedding so assertively - against the child sex charges, and with his alibi during the disappearance of William - it may be where the messed up thinking/behaviour originates from. imo

They are Margaret's grandchildren.

While Spedding's wife, Margaret, was seen yelling at reporters during the arrest at their home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isappearance-links-local-paedophile-ring.html

I also recall a neighbour saying the grandchildren's behaviour was quite wild (something like that) - the neighbour had observed or encountered them at Spedding's home/property - been looking for the quote, can't find it at the moment.

The other two from another parent(s). Lots of messed uppedness in that family, I think.

And with Margaret defending Spedding so assertively - against the child sex charges, and with his alibi during the disappearance of William - it may be where the messed up thinking/behaviour originates from. imo

They are Margaret's grandchildren.

While Spedding's wife, Margaret, was seen yelling at reporters during the arrest at their home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isappearance-links-local-paedophile-ring.html

I also recall a neighbour saying the grandchildren's behaviour was quite wild (something like that) - the neighbour had observed or encountered them at Spedding's home/property - been looking for the quote, can't find it at the moment.

A few doors up, real-estate agent Karen Raccani, from LJ Hooker, says she once rented a house to the Speddings and that they were “nice people”. She says the boys were “fairly wild” and that they were looking for a bush block with plenty of room for them to run around.

“She (Margaret) remarked to me that they were a bit of a handful,” Raccani says.

I’ll grant that BS may have been involved in William’s disappearance in some way but not for a moment do I think that he is a cold-blooded child murderer.

William may have had an asthma attack after he was abducted and his remains concealed by his abductor, or his abductor may have left him in isolated bushland where he succumbed to the elements. In those cases, and despite extensive searches, William’s remains are still there waiting to be discovered, as so many of the remains of the missing and murdered have been discovered in the past by an unfortunate bushwalker or trailbike rider, sometime in the future.

Otherwise, William is still alive and has been passed on to a person or persons unknown. In that case, I don’t even want to think about for what purpose.

Whatever William’s fate, I pray that he will find justice and his loved ones will be able to find peace in remembering the innocent child he once was.

I’ll grant that BS may have been involved in William’s disappearance in some way but not for a moment do I think that he is a cold-blooded child murderer.

William may have had an asthma attack after he was abducted and his remains concealed by his abductor, or his abductor may have left him in isolated bushland where he succumbed to the elements. In those cases, and despite extensive searches, William’s remains are still there waiting to be discovered, as so many of the remains of the missing and murdered have been discovered in the past by an unfortunate bushwalker or trailbike rider, sometime in the future.

Otherwise, William is still alive and has been passed on to a person or persons unknown. In that case, I don’t even want to think about for what purpose.

Whatever William’s fate, I pray that he will find justice and his loved ones will be able to find peace in remembering the innocent child he once was.

I can't agree with you there. With the violence Spedding purported on those two little girls, according to the police fact sheet - throwing one of them off the bed into the wall, and bruising the other one's private parts so badly - I can believe he can be a violent man.

Brett Cowan wasn't a murderer, was he? 'Just' a lowlife pedo ..... until Daniel.

Things can escalate when a child resists, and when a person believes that their own freedom is worth more than a child.

Yes, this is a horrendous case. They all are. Just about every case discussed on WS.
Each and every case where a mother, father, child, daughter, son ... a person ... is subjected to harm, even death, at the hands of another person.
Unfortunately, horrendous things keep on occurring in this world of ours.

And I am sure that while this case has touched the hearts of many ... every missing person case, every murdered person case, every unresolved serious crime, is deeply affecting the friends and relatives of those victims.

Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin.

Colin Youngberry, a Vietnam veteran from Laurieton, says he has known Spedding for almost three decades and that Spedding is devastated to be linked to William’s disappearance. Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin. Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Until four years ago Spedding, an electrician, and Margaret had lived in western NSW at Coonabarabran and Wellington. Four years ago they moved back to the mid-north coast, where Margaret was raised. They initially bought a unit, but sold that when they took on the guardianship of Margaret’s three grandchildren, and moved into larger rented premises to accommodate the boys, who came across from Wellington.

Youngberry says he will not reveal the reasons why they were not living with their own parents but adds: “You can draw your own conclusions, it isn’t that hard.”

So according to Col the Speds had lived out west until 4 years ago...(abt 2011)
They initially bought a unit - can't have had that unit for long.

When did they actually take on the care and guardianship of the boys?

Four years ago when they moved across and bought the unit?
Or two and a half years? About the time the mother - raised the allegations surrounding the alleged 1987 abuse involving Mr Spedding during a meeting with state authorities roughly 2½ years ago.

Which would have been late 2012 which is about the time BS sold up Speddo's Wellington and headed over to Port to help the Mrs with the family.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

"I am going to be with my wife and family to help out there. I will be working there as well but be in Wellington from time to time,'' he said

https://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/story/1222981/speddos-new-owner-to-make-town-first-choice/

Wonder how Cold case Barnes is going with that Ombudsman investigation?

Mr Barnes will commence in the role on 4 December 2017.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-governm...eases-from-the-premier/new-ombudsman-for-nsw/

The mother of the three boys has asked the Ombudsman to establish how they came to be sharing a house with Bill Spedding, who was arrested over the alleged abuse last week.

To establish how they came to be sharing a house...........:thinking:

So according to Col the Speds had lived out west until 4 years ago...(abt 2011)
They initially bought a unit - can't have had that unit for long.

When did they actually take on the care and guardianship of the boys?

Four years ago when they moved across and bought the unit?
Or two and a half years? About the time the mother - raised the allegations surrounding the alleged 1987 abuse involving Mr Spedding during a meeting with state authorities roughly 2½ years ago.

Which would have been late 2012 which is about the time BS sold up Speddo's Wellington and headed over to Port to help the Mrs with the family.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

"I am going to be with my wife and family to help out there. I will be working there as well but be in Wellington from time to time,'' he said

https://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/story/1222981/speddos-new-owner-to-make-town-first-choice/

Wonder how Cold case Barnes is going with that Ombudsman investigation?

Mr Barnes will commence in the role on 4 December 2017.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-governm...eases-from-the-premier/new-ombudsman-for-nsw/

The mother of the three boys has asked the Ombudsman to establish how they came to be sharing a house with Bill Spedding, who was arrested over the alleged abuse last week.

To establish how they came to be sharing a house...........:thinking:

Yes, it sure seems that Margaret took over the care of the children while Spedding was living in Wellington.

Didn't we establish somewhere that it was about a year they were living apart, not sharing a house, maybe just weekend visits were happening at the time?

Then Spedding sold the Wellington business and they all moved to the rented house.

If a change in circumstances was never reported, if Margaret failed to notify anyone about the change in situation, I can see how FACS may not have been aware ... until perhaps a complaint was lodged, or FACS did a home visit, perhaps talked to the boys.

Makes me wonder how much stress Spedding was under, at the time that William disappeared. Three perhaps unruly boys, trying to assist his wife with their care and activities, trying to bring in some extra money by driving around from here to there repairing and installing, the rental expense of the old pawn shop and office in Laurieton, trying to meet footy practise and game times, swimming with the boys ... all at a more-advanced age.

I can't agree with you there. With the violence Spedding purported on those two little girls, according to the police fact sheet - throwing one of them off the bed into the wall, and bruising the other one's private parts so badly - I can believe he can be a violent man.

Brett Cowan wasn't a murderer, was he? 'Just' a lowlife pedo ..... until Daniel.

Things can escalate when a child resists, and when a person believes that their own freedom is worth more than a child.

Yes, this is a horrendous case. They all are. Just about every case discussed on WS.
Each and every case where a mother, father, child, daughter, son ... a person ... is subjected to harm, even death, at the hands of another person.
Unfortunately, horrendous things keep on occurring in this world of ours.

And I am sure that while this case has touched the hearts of many ... every missing person case, every murdered person case, every unresolved serious crime, is deeply affecting the friends and relatives of those victims.

I agree with what you’re saying about Cowan but he was a much younger man at the time he abducted and murdered Daniel. Isn’t that the case with the majority of opportunistic child abductors/murderers? That they are impulsive young men, lacking in self control?

As for BS’ history, that is yet to be proven in a court of law, which is not to say for a minute that I don’t believe those women weren’t violently sexually assaulted as children or that he played some role in William’s disappearance.

And you’re absolutely correct, SA, William’s disappearance has touched the hearts of many, just as every case of the missing and presumed murdered wreaks devastation on the lives of the loved ones left behind. The ‘not knowing’ and the ‘what if’ are the cruelest circumstances that any human being can have inflicted upon them by the violent actions of those types of perpetrators.

Life is ‘red in tooth and claw’ and often there is no sense that can be made, or acceptance, of the circumstances surrounding those senseless tragedies for the loved ones of victims of violent crime, no matter if justice is done in a court of law.

Bill Spedding had the means, motive, and opportunity in this crime. That has yet to be disproved. In any capacity.

And quite honestly, I have yet to hear a theory on this thread, that delivers any resemblance of facts, that accounts for another's potential guilt in this crime. Just 'could be this, might be this, maybe is this'.

I am open to other decent theories, I am not open to remaining generically open.

There is a child abductor and potential murderer out there, roaming free. I think the police know who it is. I think I may be right on the money with this one. If not, some serious other theories that are potential and probable likelihoods could be put forward. Instead of trying to pick apart a pretty strong theory, with factual indicators, that Bill Spedding is behind this crime.

Bill Spedding had the means, motive, and opportunity in this crime. That has yet to be disproved. In any capacity.

And quite honestly, I have yet to hear a theory on this thread, that delivers any resemblance of facts, that accounts for another's potential guilt in this crime. Just 'could be this, might be this, maybe is this'.

I am open to other decent theories, I am not open to remaining generically open.

There is a child abductor and potential murderer out there, roaming free. I think the police know who it is. I think I may be right on the money with this one. If not, some serious other theories that are potential and probable likelihoods could be put forward. Instead of trying to pick apart a pretty strong theory, with factual indicators, that Bill Spedding is behind this crime.

Agreed!

If only we had as much information on other persons who are on the list as we do BS. There could easily be someone on that list or someone yet unknown who also has means, motive and opportunity, however we know nothing about them. :sigh:

Question to the longtime WS'ers. Is the amount and type of information made public in William's case similar to other missing person cases or is this case more closely guarded in your opinion?

If only we had as much information on other persons who are on the list as we do BS. There could easily be someone on that list or someone yet unknown who also has means, motive and opportunity, however we know nothing about them. :sigh:

Question to the longtime WS'ers. Is the amount and type of information made public in William's case similar to other missing person cases or is this case more closely guarded in your opinion?

I’ve followed a lot of cases both in Australia and overseas and, in my opinion, I’d say new information released by official sources has been scant for such a high profile case, since the first anniversary of William’s disappearance.

I totally agree too and think you’re right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876