Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search finds 'relevant information' but no trace of William Tyrrell

A three-week forensic search through bushland on the NSW Mid North Coast has found "information relevant" to the disappearance of William Tyrrell but no trace of the missing boy.

"While police have not located William or evidence of William being in the search areas, Strike Force Rosann detectives have gathered information relevant to the investigation," a NSW Police statement said.

Excellent....I would imagine someone would be feeling a little anxious about a knock on the door any time soon....here's hoping.

but sadly the only scent detected was within the boundries of the backyard itself.

WILLIAM TYRRELL little boy lost - TAGG - Toorak Times

Here's one
And here is a sampling of what 99.9% of the articles said, some with police quoted.

"Superintendent Paul Fehon says neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs have been able to pick up any sign of the boy, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home."
UPDATE: STRIKE FORCE SET UP AS SNIFFER DOGS FAIL TO PICK UP SCENT OF WILLIAM TYRELL - NBN News
====
"POLICE confirmed sniffer dogs brought in to search around Kendall, near Port Macquarie, for William Tyrell had found no scent trail of the three-year-old.
"Police sniffer dogs have not been able to determine any sign of the boy."

Fears deepen for missing NSW toddler
====
"Sniffer dogs have failed to pick up any scent of little William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home.

Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

William Tyrell search: police say sniffer dogs have found no trace of boy
====
"Sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs found no scent in the yard, fuelling fears he may have been abducted."
Missing William Tyrell could not have survived alone in bush: police
====

When a body is in water it will generally float unless it has a puncture, like a balloon I guess. Many murderers, unlike Roger Rogerson and friend, will stab the victim prior to dumping their body in water to prevent it floating to the top, thus avoiding detection (at least for a while). If William drowned in a tank his body will float (for a while) making it easier for searchers to find him, but he didn't so it is a moot point IMO.

Edit - I think I may have responded to the wrong person, if I have I offer my apologies, DG.
I'm not sure about that. Lungs filling with water through drowning and waterlogged clothing could make the difference initially. Later the body will float again because of decomposition gases. It's probably to ensure the gases are released instead of causing the body to float that crooks stab the victims they dump in water.

Paraphrase in case it is paywalled.
No new info except o_O:rolleyes::eek::D:p:confused: bbm

Deputy State Coroner visited the street and spoke to Jubelin and canvassing Benaroon Drive, where William was last seen wearing his favourite Batman costume.

Yes it says Batman.

Nocookies
Fresh search for WilliamTyrrell ends, ‘relevant information’ gathered

Deputy State Coroner visited the street and spoke to Jubelin and canvassing Benaroon Drive, where William was last seen wearing his favourite Batman costume.

Yes it says Batman.

Nocookies
No wonder people are confused, Soso

Yes it says Batman.

Nocookies

Now Jubes will need to put out a presser - he's not interested in any 3 years old running around in batman costumes... at this stage o_O

And here is a sampling of what 99.9% of the articles said, some with police quoted.

"Superintendent Paul Fehon says neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs have been able to pick up any sign of the boy, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home."
UPDATE: STRIKE FORCE SET UP AS SNIFFER DOGS FAIL TO PICK UP SCENT OF WILLIAM TYRELL - NBN News
====
"POLICE confirmed sniffer dogs brought in to search around Kendall, near Port Macquarie, for William Tyrell had found no scent trail of the three-year-old.
"Police sniffer dogs have not been able to determine any sign of the boy."

Fears deepen for missing NSW toddler
====
"Sniffer dogs have failed to pick up any scent of little William Tyrell on the NSW mid-north coast, fuelling fears he may not have wandered away from home.

Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

William Tyrell search: police say sniffer dogs have found no trace of boy
====
"Sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs found no scent in the yard, fuelling fears he may have been abducted."
Missing William Tyrell could not have survived alone in bush: police
====
Didn’t Jubelin himself in one of the walkthroughs point out that the scent stopped at drive ? Will have to search but sure I remember that.

Sad case that can happen - lucky the father was there. In this instance, I mean, if they pulled the lid off, rather than the usual smell, there might be a distinct different smell. I know you have come across this prior case, but the septic lid here on our property would take a lot of weight to flip it's lid. Might be related to when they are built or something? Anyway, good point, perhaps they will take another look...? Anything to find him. Yes, lots of things are re-hashed here. Sometimes it's good - it's easy forget the the little details (guilty :)
No matter which type of lid FGM's septic had on it at the time, imho the septic should have been pumped out, just for good measure and absolute due diligence, if nothing else. However, if FGM's septic had the plastic lid, that is the type where the screws can be left out, and the lid can flip in such a way that it lands right back on the spot, as if it had never been moved, and meanwhile the child could fall inside. If FGM had the heavy concrete kind, that that means something entirely different. Either way, it was stated that cameras were put down the septics, so one would have to get from that that there was indeed a septic and that it was accessed enough to at least get a camera inside, but a camera just can't do the same view and assurance as a pumpout.
"Dams have been drained and divers have searched others. Cameras have been put down septic tanks and drains."
Nocookies

Where is a picture of this septic tank ??
I have never seen a photo of FGM's septic tank, however it was discussed long ago by people in the area that this neighbourhood *is* on septic. Further, it does state in various MSM that septics were 'searched' and that cameras were put down them. My point is that cameras just aren't the same as having them pumped. Various MSM also state that BS's septic was pumped, and nothing about cameras.
This is one example of MSM reporting cameras. There are more.:
"Cameras have been put down septic tanks and drains."
Nocookies

There was no sarcasm being directed at you in my reply to p&g. We were discussing the rain water tank at FGM’s former residence, not the septic tanks.@BigT has already posted a quote (from @Chloexx’s link) that states the septic tanks at the properties in Benaroon Drive were searched (twice):
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/9a64aae508a274864409ab59679af808
Yes, 'searched', via cameras apparently, NOT pumped out. Not the same.
And if there is a chance that the rain barrel might also contain even a remote possibility that WT could have climbed and fallen in, then why not drain that too? There is nothing wrong with suggesting that, is there?

Yes, 'searched', via cameras apparently, NOT pumped out. Not the same.
And if there is a chance that the rain barrel might also contain even a remote possibility that WT could have climbed and fallen in, then why not drain that too? There is nothing wrong with suggesting that, is there?

Suggest it to Crimestoppers:

Report Crime Information Online

That’s standard procedure.

Last edited:
No matter which type of lid FGM's septic had on it at the time, imho the septic should have been pumped out, just for good measure and absolute due diligence, if nothing else. However, if FGM's septic had the plastic lid, that is the type where the screws can be left out, and the lid can flip in such a way that it lands right back on the spot, as if it had never been moved, and meanwhile the child could fall inside. If FGM had the heavy concrete kind, that that means something entirely different. Either way, it was stated that cameras were put down the septics, so one would have to get from that that there was indeed a septic and that it was accessed enough to at least get a camera inside, but a camera just can't do the same view and assurance as a pumpout.
"Dams have been drained and divers have searched others. Cameras have been put down septic tanks and drains."
Nocookies

You are probably thinking of a bio-filter.

Sewage is highly toxic. There is obligations to people not suffering severe illnes from touching it.

Cholera, all sorts of bad stuff.

It can kill people.

10 ways raw sewage can kill you | CleanSafe UK Blog

Last edited:
It would be nice if they were examining a vehicle.

Do you have a source. I'd be interested to read it...

No Cookies | The Mercury
February 26, 2016
A FORMER Tasmanian priest has been linked to one of Australia’s most notorious and heart-wrenching missing persons cases — the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.

Convicted paedophile Derek Edward Nichols, 82, has emerged as another person NSW police have interviewed in the case that continues to baffle investigators and shock the nation.

NSW Septic tanks

Plumbers have always been licenced because the can kill you.

Septic-tank.jpg

I can't read the linked articles, Deugirtni, but from what you're quoting it doesn't appear to have been reported which of the local septic tanks were camera-investigated or whether grandmother's was one of them. As I said before, it may have been sufficiently obvious in some cases that the tanks had not been recently accessed. As to the different method used for BS's tank, that might have had to do with the amount of time that had passed, and perhaps also because there was reason to think that some suspect material had been flushed from the house through the pipes.

I can't read the linked articles, Deugirtni, but from what you're quoting it doesn't appear to have been reported which of the local septic tanks were camera-investigated or whether grandmother's was one of them. As I said before, it may have been sufficiently obvious in some cases that the tanks had not been recently accessed. As to the different method used for BS's tank, that might have had to do with the amount of time that had passed, and perhaps also because there was reason to think that some suspect material had been flushed from the house through the pipes.
Yes I wonder whatever came of the child’s tshirt found?

They can put mirrors in the 6 inch inspection ports once the ground has been excavated.

It would be obvious if one had been accessed.

This is old ground. We have been over this. Some people pushing the subject have no understanding of the systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member