Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree blues clues on the high profile being BS because he has been so high profile and in so many reports and online pages etc.

The term they are using is 'high risk'. I don't believe that is the same as high profile. They could have just said high profile if that is what they meant.

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining. My first reaction was Eeeeek it's the Daily Mail. :D What I did find of interest within the link was the video of Xanthe Mallet talking with David Koche and her interpretation of what a person of interest is. So thanks for the link SouthAussie.

Fortunately, it is The Australian that the DM are quoting.

The term they are using is 'high risk'. I don't believe that is the same as high profile. They could have just said high profile if that is what they meant.
I was just referring to the “ high profile” term that was used and I thouht that was BS .Purely because he has had a high profile in this case .It was all in response to blues clues post about high profile suspect.My thoughts went directly to BS.

Last edited:
I was just referring to the “ high profile” term that was used and I thouht that was BS .Purely because he has had a high profile in this case .It was all in response to blues clues post about high profile suspect.My thoughts went directly to BS.

Ah, okay. Yes, I agree .... that would likely be Spedding.

The Australian understands the first high-profile suspect in the investigation remains “a person of interest” but there are also four other “high priority” suspects being looked at, with an inquest set to begin this year.
...... the man was identified as a prime suspect by police after they learned he had been at the home days earlier to quote on a washing machine repair and returned a week later to complete the job.
Nocookies
The Australian - June 28, 2018

Information about a "high-risk" person of interest has spurred the hunt for William Tyrell into new territory at Batar Creek ...
'High-risk' person of interest leads to change in search for William Tyrrell

Yes she did explain it pretty simply, didn't she. You could have information but it doesn't mean you are a suspect. But if you do have information and you don't tell it, you could be culpable.
So a 'high risk' person of interest is?
I have never heard anyone in the WT case referred to as a 'high risk' person of interest.
I have heard it stated as 'high profile' person of interest, which is how BS is referred to, and the other 4 suspects have been referred to as 'high priority' suspects.. by the original MSM.. and then things got all mixed up and shaken around by other MSM who copied. imo.

I have never heard anyone in the WT case referred to as a 'high risk' person of interest.
I have heard it stated as 'high profile' person of interest, which is how BS is referred to, and the other 4 suspects have been referred to as 'high priority' suspects.. by the original MSM.. and then things got all mixed up and shaken around by other MSM who copied. imo.
Yes you’re right, high profile, high risk, suspect all got a bit mixed up

I think high risk is the POI that lives nearby the newer search site.

High profile (one of them) and high priority are the five suspects that they want to have appear at an inquest.

As per my links from SMH and The Australian in post #2715 above.

So, it seems that at least one of the 5 suspects may be considered high risk. Maybe any or all of them are, who knows. I guess we may find out after the inquest.

But one high risk POI lives near to the newest search site. And Spedding is the only one that they say is a POI/suspect. The other 4 they refer to just as suspects.

Thanks, Warshawski. :)

Yes, this one really puzzles me, too. I understand that Brendan is not well and may be drug-affected, but something drove him to dig ... and dig where exactly? How did he arrive at the decision of where to dig?

I feel sure that the police had a question or two to ask him about that. And did that lead to the shift in the location of their search back in June?

We appear to be aligned in our thoughts SA. .. I can't begin to imagine my own mental state if subjected to this situation ( I was a basket case for quite some time after a still birth, however I do believe the tangible impact of a child, only to lose them, must be pushing all coping mechanisms)

He's a loving & devestated father (IMO). He's trying to find his child. Hes actually a total mess, but wants better.. Yep, I'm pretty sure he'd put his hand up in regards to how he's mucked up, done it wrong etc.... (All my own personal & asa disclaimer- I've no connection or personal knowledge of B or any member of his family /friends)

He may or may not have heard something while in jail. He may have simply done his investigations (as we have poured over ) and thought it a good place to look.

I am personally of the belief that his digging / talk of ...did have a bearing on the change in search areas... and he would have been put through the wringer with the questions for sure!
God Bless all for their hope & their searching... .

We are seeing more & more 'cold case' results . ... technology is so smart these days. There will be answers, also arrests, in regards to this little boy Wiliam's disappearance - I have no doubt.

I hope it's soon.

We appear to be aligned in our thoughts SA. .. I can't begin to imagine my own mental state if subjected to this situation ( I was a basket case for quite some time after a still birth, however I do believe the tangible impact of a child, only to lose them, must be pushing all coping mechanisms)

He's a loving & devestated father (IMO). He's trying to find his child. Hes actually a total mess, but wants better.. Yep, I'm pretty sure he'd put his hand up in regards to how he's mucked up, done it wrong etc.... (All my own personal & asa disclaimer- I've no connection or personal knowledge of B or any member of his family /friends)

He may or may not have heard something while in jail. He may have simply done his investigations (as we have poured over ) and thought it a good place to look.

I am personally of the belief that his digging / talk of ...did have a bearing on the change in search areas... and he would have been put through the wringer with the questions for sure!
God Bless all for their hope & their searching... .

We are seeing more & more 'cold case' results . ... technology is so smart these days. There will be answers, also arrests, in regards to this little boy Wiliam's disappearance - I have no doubt.

I hope it's soon.
I am sorry for your loss, and know to an extent what the grief of losing a child is like, having lost a young adult son and daughter myself. It feels like a huge injustice to lose a child.
I agree technology is now helping to solve cold cases and families deserve answers for sure. So many little ones missing that have never been found yet on cases followed here on WS. I hope Justice comes for all of them soon, and my prayers go out to all those that work so hard to find answers.

Just my interpretation, but I think a 'high risk' POI is someone who in the opinion of the investigators has a high probability of being the actual perpetrator. I don't think 'risk' is in relation to concerns about the person reoffending.

I agree JLZ

William Tyrrell disappearance: Police zero in on search area, new ...
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph...

Jun 26, 2018 - Rosann has a list of ranked persons of interest, with just a “small pool of people”now classed as a “high risk” of being involved in William's ...

Video - starting at abt 2:15

Gary Jubelin says "In terms of high risk persons of interest as distinct from from low persons of interest, it is a lot less. I can't go into details of poi, other than to say we do have poi's.

15,000 bits of information received about missing boy William Tyrrell

I agree JLZ

Jun 26, 2018 - Rosann has a list of ranked persons of interest, with just a “small pool of people”now classed as a “high risk” of being involved in William's ...

I haven't been able to read this article and still can't unfortunately.
Yet another version, which I agree does make more sense in terms of how 'high risk' is meant. Although, this article says the 'small pool of people' is high risk whilst other MSM say 'a high risk person living nearby' (to Batar Creek/Cedar Loggers Lane search site).

If only the Police media spokesperson would put out a written statement so MSM all say the right thing and the same thing. :confused:

High profile (one of them) and high priority are the five suspects that they want to have appear at an inquest.

So, it seems that at least one of the 5 suspects may be considered high risk. Maybe any or all of them are, who knows. I guess we may find out after the inquest.

But one high risk POI lives near to the newest search site. And Spedding is the only one that they say is a POI/suspect. The other 4 they refer to just as suspects.
I feel like the MSM who said the poi lives nearby the newer search site was mistaken in his/her reporting and mixed something up.
For me, it feels like MSM is just having a hayday with this stuff to keep up their ratings and the sensationalism since there really isn't much to report in regard to the WT case, unfortunately. The words 'high profile' and 'high priority', seem like such a play on words, which to me, seem like a deliberate attempt to have the public and other MSM outlets get the words and meanings crossed, to create more rumor to talk about, while nothing much is really coming to fruition. I believe it was 'The Australian' who wrote about that to begin with, but once they did, it seemed like everyone else was just quoting the Australian, as opposed to MSM actually quoting law enforcement.

I also wonder if the timing came into play as well... with BS's VIC trial coming up on whichever date.. perhaps media was hopeful they'd be able to report a child sex assault conviction for him.

In any case, it seems to me as if everything fell apart.. lots of media and police resources and money, and same statements made as were made right in the beginning (by police).. but yet nothing.. no news on the 4th anniversary.. other than what we already knew from during the summer (re the anticipated coroner's inquest)..

Has it been discussed here as to 'where is GJ'?? I didn't see any reports from him, nor see any posts about what news he shared on the anniversary of WTs disappearance.. did I miss it, or was there nothing? If nothing, why? Anyone know?

All just my opinion.

To me, the 'just as suspects', is much more daunting than being a 'POI'. Person of interest doesn't necessarily mean suspect, however a suspect is always going to be a person of interest.

I also don't recall the 'five suspects' being considered 'high priority', I only recall reading that 4 of the 'suspects' were high priority, and one other was a 'high profile' 'poi'... all of which as mentioned in my post above, I believe to be a big play on words meant to confuse and keep the sensationalism going for the sake of revenues.

I'll be shocked if they actually have anything much at all. I truly hope it is not from lack of following up on the tips that perhaps didn't match the preferred theory. jmo.

I agree JLZ

Here is The Port News report. I noticed their reporter was there at Batar Creek in the television reports, and it has very similiar wording as in your link Sosocurious and also makes it clear it is a quote from a Police spokesperson, adding to the credibility of these two reports.

A spokesperson from NSW Police said a ‘small pool of high risk persons of interest are actively being investigated’. She said as yet no evidence had been found as a result of the search.

Inquiry into person of interest sparked new location search

I feel like the MSM who said the poi lives nearby the newer search site was mistaken in his/her reporting and mixed something up.
For me, it feels like MSM is just having a hayday with this stuff to keep up their ratings and the sensationalism since there really isn't much to report in regard to the WT case, unfortunately. The words 'high profile' and 'high priority', seem like such a play on words, which to me, seem like a deliberate attempt to have the public and other MSM outlets get the words and meanings crossed, to create more rumor to talk about, while nothing much is really coming to fruition. I believe it was 'The Australian' who wrote about that to begin with, but once they did, it seemed like everyone else was just quoting the Australian, as opposed to MSM actually quoting law enforcement.

I also wonder if the timing came into play as well... with BS's VIC trial coming up on whichever date.. perhaps media was hopeful they'd be able to report a child sex assault conviction for him.

In any case, it seems to me as if everything fell apart.. lots of media and police resources and money, and same statements made as were made right in the beginning (by police).. but yet nothing.. no news on the 4th anniversary.. other than what we already knew from during the summer (re the anticipated coroner's inquest)..

Has it been discussed here as to 'where is GJ'?? I didn't see any reports from him, nor see any posts about what news he shared on the anniversary of WTs disappearance.. did I miss it, or was there nothing? If nothing, why? Anyone know?

All just my opinion.

No idea.
He might be taking some annual leave. He could be crook and needs some time off.

No idea.
He might be taking some annual leave. He could be crook and needs some time off.

He might even be taking some long service leave. He has been on the police force for 30 years now - he would be due a 3rd round of long service leave. I hope he has taken his 13½ weeks off and is enjoying life somewhere. Goodness knows, he sees enough of the dark side.

The Australian’s Australian of the Year award celebrates the nation’s top achievers. Here is one nominee for 2016 - Gary Jubelin
He joined the force after a spur-of-the-moment decision almost 30 years ago, one he says he has never regretted.

Nocookies

The Australian - December 29, 2016

Jubes also said last year during the presser on the 3rd anniversay of William's disappearance ...

"It is unusual to brief an investigation midway during an investigation"
NSW Police Force

If they need nothing more from the public, maybe they have decided to curb the publicity. Especially with the inquest slated for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy