Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if all the neighbours who were home at the time will be summoned to attend? And will they all need legal representation? :eek:
Me too--and whether they all had to contribute to this directions hearing. Is there anything to be gathered from the report that Mr Savage hasn't been able to organize representation yet and also attended not in person but by conference call?

There was a son mentioned in an article in The Australian. Paul (and his son, I think) were talking about the ‘loner’ in #35 who had moved out after police had searched the houses on Benaroon Drive three times.

Here are some of those older articles that raised a bit of discussion.

21 Sept 2014
Every home has been searched. The Sex Crimes Squad has verified the whereabouts of known offenders in the street or town.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3Ds14yDP8

3 sept 2016
From his house directly opposite William’s grandmother’s former home, an elderly man named Paul (surname withheld for privacy reasons) and his son, Sean, have watched long-time friends and neighbours slowly drift away from Benaroon Drive.

“A lot of them have moved,” he says. “One bloke left because he felt intimidated by the police. He had a few problems. He wasn’t a crook or a bad bloke, just a bit of a loner. He wanted out.”

“A recluse,” says Sean. “I think all of the attention sort of frightened him.”

“They were coming around checking everything and he got scared,” Paul says. “Just the fear of that.” He shrugs his shoulders. “You got to let them do their job and they’re still following up on everything. They’re doing a good job.”

Nocookies
William Tyrrell: fear in Kendall where little boy disappeared

Me too--and whether they all had to contribute to this directions hearing. Is there anything to be gathered from the report that Mr Savage hasn't been able to organize representation yet and also attended not in person but by conference call?
I retract any insinuation--apparently not--but I'm running for a bus, catch you all later.

Here are some of those older articles that raised a bit of discussion.

21 Sept 2014
Every home has been searched. The Sex Crimes Squad has verified the whereabouts of known offenders in the street or town.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3Ds14yDP8

3 sept 2016
From his house directly opposite William’s grandmother’s former home, an elderly man named Paul (surname withheld for privacy reasons) and his son, Sean, have watched long-time friends and neighbours slowly drift away from Benaroon Drive.

“A lot of them have moved,” he says. “One bloke left because he felt intimidated by the police. He had a few problems. He wasn’t a crook or a bad bloke, just a bit of a loner. He wanted out.”

“A recluse,” says Sean. “I think all of the attention sort of frightened him.”

“They were coming around checking everything and he got scared,” Paul says. “Just the fear of that.” He shrugs his shoulders. “You got to let them do their job and they’re still following up on everything. They’re doing a good job.”

Nocookies
William Tyrrell: fear in Kendall where little boy disappeared
Thanks soso. We have been, during times past, quite suspicious of Benaroon Drive residents—particularly Mr Savage—but, as they haven’t been named POI’s, we’ve been unable to discuss their possible involvement. I think William’s inquest next year is going to bring more surprises like today’s and generate a great deal more discussion.

I thought the same. What a hard day today must have been for them already without journos adding to it.
I don’t see the point in chasing them down. They were at their (foster) son’s inquest and they must be grieving. A little compassion for their situation would’ve gone a long way today.

Last edited:
First time I've heard of Paul Savage. There's so much we are yet to find out about this case. It blows my mind.

I doubt it will be the last. It appears he’s he’s up there with Spedding.

Washing machine repairman Bill Spedding, who was previously named as a person of interest in the case but was never charged and has always denied any wrongdoing, was among several parties legally represented today.

Outside the court his barrister Peter Obrien told journalists "just be very careful how you report this, yes he has been summonsed to attend so of course he is being represented".

Paul Savage, a man who lived across the road from where William vanished, has also been called to give evidence. He addressed the court via telephone today and is understood to be seeking legal advice.

Police still chasing ‘active leads’ in William Tyrrell case

It's just so sad Bo - as the years have advanced for Brendan, so it seems has his downward decline.

I do take this on personally, in respect of how WE guide & manage in our society ( go back a tad & it would have been managed by the Elders or Chiefs ....)

I'm not an advocate of Youth Jails.

I am an advocate of giving them a real opportunity to explore & find themselves, within the boundaries of genuine care & concern that perhaps they've never previously experienced. .

It's just so sad Bo - as the years have advanced for Brendan, so it seems has his downward decline.

I do take this on personally, in respect of how WE guide & manage in our society ( go back a tad & it would have been managed by the Elders or Chiefs ....)

I'm not an advocate of Youth Jails.

I am an advocate of giving them a real opportunity to explore & find themselves, within the boundaries of genuine care & concern that perhaps they've never previously experienced. .
Are you talking about BC ? Would you consider a 30 plus year old a youth ? None of us know of his decline besides what NC has said. He may just be a bad guy regardless of what’s happened to his son.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member