Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE person who abducted toddler William Tyrell may have laid in wait until the nearby houses were empty before striking, a neighbour believes.

Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.

She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.

“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Perhaps it doesn't. But, to me, it sort of reads as though Ms Heslop was reached at around 11:30am - by whom, I don't know - then she was one of the three women who went searching - with one of them then knocking on Mr Savage's door.

I also note that the article is trying to put things in chronological order.

Yes agree SA they are trying to put it in chronological order. The Heslop's are the first house on the left at the bottom of the street #9, which might explain the 11.30 timing.

THE person who abducted toddler William Tyrell may have laid in wait until the nearby houses were empty before striking, a neighbour believes.

Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.

She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.

“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Which points to someone living in, visiting, or possibly working in, Benaroon Drive. Which seems more likely? Someone who knew the neighbours on the other side of FGM’s former residence, other than the Wilson’s, was away. Who would’ve known that? A neighbour? Someone visiting a neighbour? Someone working in Benaroon Drive? My best guess would be a neighbour because, as Judy Wilson said, ‘we don’t get strangers wandering around here’, or words to that effect.

Yes agree SA they are trying to put it in chronological order. The Heslop's are the first house on the left at the bottom of the street #9, which might explain the 11.30 timing.

So then, what time did one of those three women get back to the top of the street and go to Mr Savage's house?
And why was he not answering his door earlier - if family had started door knocking at the closest houses first?

Was he out on his most-days walk up the trail?
How long does that walk take?
Did he leave for his walk around the time William went missing and happen to notice something that didn't seem odd at the time - not until he knew that William had gone missing, and had a think about it?

Do we know that it was a white 4WD, bearbear? I was looking for the colour of the 4WD last night, but I couldn't find any link that stated a colour.

I have a feeling that I have asked this question before, way way way back in the threads. And there was an answer but, for the life of me, I can't remember.

no, youre right, ive looked everywhere for the colour but theres no mention of it? so strange, ive always been positive it was a white 4wd?

So then, what time did one of those three women get back to the top of the street and go to Mr Savage's house?
And why was he not answering his door earlier - if family had started door knocking at the closest houses first?

Was he out on his most-days walk up the trail?
How long does that walk take?
Did he leave for his walk around the time William went missing and happen to notice something that didn't seem odd at the time - not until he knew that William had gone missing, and had a think about it?

I would like to know whereabouts on the street this time watcher resides.

So this hubby was speaking to the media, on behalf of his wife. She must have not wanted or was unable to speak to the media herself.
Who ever this hubby is, must have a pool. Because he grabbed his pool net.

So wife drove out of the street at 28 or 26 minutes to 11.00 am. No mention of her return time.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-false-hope-12-months-on-20150903-gjenjz.html

I thought I recalled it being a dark green 4wd ??

I think the dark green/grey car is a sedan that drove by, not a 4WD.

One vehicle is a green or grey sedan that drove past the Benaroon Drive house about 9am while William and his sister were riding bikes in the driveway.

No mention anywhere that I can find of the 4WD 's colour.

The second sighting was of a four-wheel-drive driving out of Benaroon Drive about 10.30am - when William vanished - and was later seen speeding down another Kendall street.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/william-tyrrell-detectives-hunt-for-drivers-12-months-after-disappearance-20150907-gjgpr1.html

ETA: Oops, I just saw that you found the link about the dark coloured sedan.

Last edited:
I think in itself that it is odd that the colour of the 4WD is not mentioned. The witnesses to the 4WD must have given a colour. But nowhere does it say what colour it is.

A piece of info that the police are withholding?
Yes I agree , even if it wasn’t a specific color there would have to at least been a “dark” or “light” mentioned if they were wanting info from the public .

I would like to know whereabouts on the street this time watcher resides.

So this hubby was speaking to the media, on behalf of his wife. She must have not wanted or was unable to speak to the media herself.
Who ever this hubby is, must have a pool. Because he grabbed his pool net.

So wife drove out of the street at 28 or 26 minutes to 11.00 am. No mention of her return time.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-false-hope-12-months-on-20150903-gjenjz.html
i always thought that was mr wilson?
also because a lot of the early news reports have been modified or deleted, its hard to know if something was printed or just a memory of an assumption!

The stigma, unfortunately, comes to play in the school environment ... amongst other children. It is sad, but we all know how cruel the taunting between children can be.

For a child who has already suffered the abuse/neglect/whatever that has them removed from their biological parent/s, for a child who then has to readjust to a life living with others, taunting about their removed-then-fostered situation by other children can add further difficulties and heartbreak to their lives.
This type of taunting can be a very negative factor for a child who we all want to feel 'normal', who we all want to go on and do well in their life.

Although it should be a level playing field for all children, it is not.
Their home situations count a lot for all children, who seek and recognise a sense of 'normalcy'.

It is up to the child who they tell that they are fostered, it is not up to the adults to exacerbate the child's situation.
As a child, my mum remarried, so I had a stepdad, it was a secret I kept because at a previous school, another group of children told me that I didn't have a real dad. Prior to that I had no dad at all, my parents separated when I was 3 yo and that taunt was "your mum is a sinner because you don't have a father. I understand why the stigma has to be avoided.

Nocookies
Can anyone read this ? Unfortunately I don’t have the access

Yes, I can read it. I posted everything your linked article says about the 4WD yesterday when I posted a pic of Mr Savage's vehicle (from the 10 News segment).

Here is what it said ... I have omitted the stuff about Mr Savage in this copy.

Police believe a 4WD spotted outside the home of missing toddler William Tyrell could shed light on the three-year-old’s disappearance a year ago this week.
Authorities have received reports of a similar car speeding through the town of Kendall on NSW’s mid-north coast where William was living at shortly after he went missing.
Witnesses have recalled a 4WD leaving the cul-de-sac of Benaroon Drive where William disappeared from his grandmother’s home a year ago this Saturday.

Nocookies
The Australian - September 8, 2015

I can't find a link to a mention of the 4wd being white, but it looks as though this was on ACA.

View attachment 166383

Another great find, Blues Clues!

Wish we could see more of Mr Savage's vehicle. If the ACA depiction is like the 4WD that was seen by witnesses.

s4q9hi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member