Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, William disappeared down the side of his grandmother’s house towards the backyard.

Only on this occasion, the boy did not reappear.

“The only thing I was able to tell police was that I heard the children playing but didn’t see them,” Mrs Wilson told The Sunday Telegraph.

“I just heard kids laughing and you could tell they were little children.
“I don’t think it was an opportunistic grab from someone who just happened to be here because we don’t get strangers wandering around.”

At 48 Benaroon Drive, police sniffer dogs picked up William’s scent, but only within the boundaries of the property.
What happened on the day William Tyrrell vanished?

Food for thought. Paul Savage was inside his home when the alarm was raised. It could be up to 40mtrs from FGM's. His house circled in blue.

upload_2019-1-29_13-48-54.png

One of the women came to Paul Savage's front door, screaming that William was missing, and he immediately joined the search.

"I went uphill by myself looking for him," Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"I've gone up thinking he's around here.

"We thought, he's just run off somewhere, which is a natural thing and hopeful thing to do.

"There's a track up through the bush. I walk up to there nearly every day."

Then aged 70, Mr Savage had seen the little boy named William and his sister, who came to stay with their grandmother directly across the road, only occasionally.

"Very few people around here knew him and his sister, not many of us, just two little kids visiting," Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"They wouldn't go wandering. They would stay close to their grandmother.

"You'd never see them unless you were walking or driving past."

The day William Tyrrell vanished

MVA is the lowest on my list also.
I think it’s exactly as IGJ stated
Someone had a reason to be in the street
Seen William alone. Took him under the pretence of a Good Samaritan. Drove to the end of the street - no one came out or was around. So this person just kept going.

I found it odd on all the days leading up to Christmas and NYE
BS decided to wish all of he’s supporters a merry Christmas and thank them for their support on the exact same day the preliminary inquest was held. The 19th December
Why that day ?
I have read a lot of other cases where POI
Or suspect will act out on significant dates or anniversaries. Could be a coincidence or nothing. Just worth noting

Food for thought. Paul Savage was inside his home when the alarm was raised. It could be up to 40mtrs from FGM's. His house circled in blue.

View attachment 166376

One of the women came to Paul Savage's front door, screaming that William was missing, and he immediately joined the search.

"I went uphill by myself looking for him," Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"I've gone up thinking he's around here.

"We thought, he's just run off somewhere, which is a natural thing and hopeful thing to do.

"There's a track up through the bush. I walk up to there nearly every day."

Then aged 70, Mr Savage had seen the little boy named William and his sister, who came to stay with their grandmother directly across the road, only occasionally.

"Very few people around here knew him and his sister, not many of us, just two little kids visiting," Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"They wouldn't go wandering. They would stay close to their grandmother.

"You'd never see them unless you were walking or driving past."

Not only was Mr Savage in his house when he was alerted by others ... it was also after 11:30am before he answered the front door. Did they knock there earlier than that, with no answer? After all, he was right across the street. One would think it could be one of the first neighbouring houses to knock at.

Ms Heslop called to her children out back, but they hadn't seen another kid. It was 11.30am.
"All three of us started searching through the front yard, the side of the house and the backyard and the bush that borders the properties around here."

Last edited:
The way I see it. Police would’ve looked into the family first then people in the street working they’re way out. Common police procedure.
IF PS was suspected of being involved in any way shape or form. Police would’ve definitely named him a POI by now
Jmo

I found it odd on all the days leading up to Christmas and NYE
BS decided to wish all of he’s supporters a merry Christmas and thank them for their support on the exact same day the preliminary inquest was held. The 19th December
Why that day ?
I have read a lot of other cases where POI
Or suspect will act out on significant dates or anniversaries. Could be a coincidence or nothing. Just worth noting

There are a lot of things that Spedding has done or not done that confound me.

I don't even know if he is trying to publicly clear his name, or if he is just taking the media to court as a money-making exercise.
I would have thought that if he was trying to publicly clear his name, he might have explained in his YouTube video where he was at the time that William went missing. Instead we just have Colin's version - which may or may not be entirely accurate.

i wonder if william was in the white 4wd seen speeding out of the street/area that day?

Do we know that it was a white 4WD, bearbear? I was looking for the colour of the 4WD last night, but I couldn't find any link that stated a colour.

I have a feeling that I have asked this question before, way way way back in the threads. And there was an answer but, for the life of me, I can't remember.

There are a lot of things that Spedding has done or not done that confound me.

I don't even know if he is trying to publicly clear his name, or if he is just taking the media to court as a money-making exercise.
I would have thought that if he was trying to publicly clear his name, he might have explained in his YouTube video where he was at the time that William went missing. Instead we just have Colin's version - which may or may not be entirely accurate.
Agree.
BS ringing the FM around noon
Alway stuck out to me as particularly interesting.
Why did he call ?
To try and cover he’s tracks ? Distancing himself from the crime..One possibility!!
Determine what the family thought happened?
Completely innocent and called to follow up the msg left earlier by FM
I’m hoping the inquest will reveal these things.

Last edited:
The way I see it. Police would’ve looked into the family first then people in the street working they’re way out. Common police procedure.
IF PS was suspected of being involved in any way shape or form. Police would’ve definitely named him a POI by now
Jmo
BBM. Not necessarily. DCI Jubelin has stated time and time again that he won’t discuss POIs.

BBM. Not necessarily. DCI Jubelin has stated time and time again that he won’t discuss POIs.

True ... though somehow 4 POIs names were leaked to the public. And now there is a 5th.

Did the 5th become apparent after the 4 POIs had been named in the media? And do the 5 suspects include the other named 3 (as well as Spedding, who we know is still very much in the mix)?

So many questions!!!

True, he did say that. GJ also stated he makes NO excuses of how the poi are portrayed in the public area.. He didn’t need too. The 60 mins interview revealed info for him. The police worked closely with the SF on that segment. IF the police wanted the public to know about PS or they suspected him - he would’ve been mentioned, then GJ would’ve said NO comment.
Leading to public speculating about him. Instead only BS was mentioned. I think this was done intentionally and tactically!

True, he did say that. He also stated he makes NO excuses of how the poi are portrayed in the public area.. He didn’t need too. The 60 mins interview revealed info for him. The police worked closely with the SF on that segment. IF the police wanted the public to know about PS or they suspected him - he would’ve been mentioned, then GJ would’ve said NO comment.
Leading to public speculating about him. Instead only BS was mentioned. I think this was done intentionally and tactically!
Yes, but Savage has been in the media spotlight, starting with his comments to various MSM outlets and culminating in Ten News First’s exclusive report tonight. Just what we’re to make of this, I’m not sure, but it certainly points to him being an ‘interested person/party’ in my mind at least. A rose by any other name...

Not only was Mr Savage in his house when he was alerted by ohers ... it was also after 11:30am before he answered the front door. Did they knock there earlier than that, with no answer? After all, he was right across the street. One would think it could be one of the first neighbouring houses to knock at.

Ms Heslop called to her children out back, but they hadn't seen another kid. It was 11.30am.
"All three of us started searching through the front yard, the side of the house and the backyard and the bush that borders the properties around here."

SA I'm not sure that article outlines the doorknocks in exact sequence. It appears to be compiled by pulling bits and pieces from many different reports.
I wondered the same thing as you. Surely his would be one of the first houses doorknocked. Did FGM go to his house while FM went to AM Shipley's?

From the same article ;

He wasn't and the two alarmed women conducted a further search, but William was nowhere to be seen.

Minutes later, neighbour Anne-Maree Sharpley was reading a book after dropping her children at school when she looked up and saw a woman frantically pacing the quiet street.

Soon, William's foster mother had stopped at Ms Sharpley's gate.

"You could tell she was very distressed when she first came to us," Mrs Sharpley told The Sunday Telegraph.

SA I'm not sure that article outlines the doorknocks in exact sequence. It appears to be compiled by pulling bits and pieces from many different reports.
I wondered the same thing as you. Surely his would be one of the first houses doorknocked. Did FGM go to his house while FM went to AM Shipley's?

From the same article ;

He wasn't and the two alarmed women conducted a further search, but William was nowhere to be seen.

Minutes later, neighbour Anne-Maree Sharpley was reading a book after dropping her children at school when she looked up and saw a woman frantically pacing the quiet street.

Soon, William's foster mother had stopped at Ms Sharpley's gate.

"You could tell she was very distressed when she first came to us," Mrs Sharpley told The Sunday Telegraph.

Perhaps it doesn't. But, to me, it sort of reads as though Ms Heslop was reached at around 11:30am, then she was one of the three women who went searching - with one of them then knocking on Mr Savage's door.

I also note that the article I linked is trying to put things in chronological order.

Last edited:
Ye
Yes, but Savage has been in the media spotlight, starting with his comments to various MSM outlets and culminating in Ten News First’s exclysive report tonight. Just what we’re to make of this, I’m not sure but it certainly points to him being and ‘interested person/party’ in my mind.
Yes, PS has given comment to various MSM over the years at he’s own omission. I was referring to 6O mins interview
In my opinion that one of the more credible sources, because it involves the SF & the FF
Why was only 1 POI bought up? ... you would think if the police wanted to create suspicion and add stress to the POI ( which they did )
It Would’ve been the ideal time to bring them up. Except no mention of PS
That’s why I wonder is it the media trying to sensationalise PS in this incident?!

Ye

Yes, PS has given comment to various MSM over the yeas at he’s own omission. I was referring to 6O mins interview
In my opinion that one of the more credible sources, because it involves the SF & the FF
Why was only 1 POI was bought up.... you would think if the police wanted to create suspicion and add stress to the POI ( which they did )
That’s why I wonder is it the media trying to sensationalise PS in this incident?!
I can see what you mean. All I can think of is that DCI Jubelin has always said that his investigation was (and, presumably, still is) a dynamic one. It’s a possibility that Savage may not have been firmly in SFR’s sights at that time or, for operational reasons, parts of the investigation involving unnamed POIs were covert. I suppose we can only make a judgement about MSM sensationalism in about 2 hours’ time when Ten News’ ‘exclusive’ goes to air.

Yes, PS has given comment to various MSM over the yeas at he’s own omission. I was referring to 6O mins interview
Why was only 1 POI was bought up.... you would think if the police wanted to create suspicion and add stress to the POI ( which they did )

Well, the media did try to sensationalise and hound Anthony Jones ... and, to me, he is the least likely perp of the people that we have considered.

Yes, it could be that the media have been warned off Spedding, by his lawyer and his current lawsuit, and so are grabbing for the next person that they can get near to interview.

Will be super interesting to see what is 'revealed' on Ch10 tonight. Could be a big, fat nothing. If Mr Savage had seen something that morning, he is not likely to speak of it before the inquest, one would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member