Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, if I had a washing machine part for a customer and I just heard that their young grandson had gone missing from their house, I think that I would not call them at that time. It would be such a trivial matter, in comparison with what they were going through.

Yes... me too.
However some people are inquisitive, and cant help snooping.

For me, if I had a washing machine part for a customer and I just heard that their young grandson had gone missing from their house, I think that I would not call them at that time. It would be such a trivial matter, in comparison with what they were going through.

If the repairman had not called, wouldnt that make people say he seemed suspicious?

It is odd, but I guess everyone reacts differently. Maybe it's too upsetting for her to have him on her profile pic all the time... and I don't know about privacy settings but maybe we can only see the comments from friends who have lax settings.
KT also spells the last name as Tyrrell, with two R's. The media use Tyrell with one R and so do ppl that are connected to KT. I find that odd as well. More worried about selfies than WT. Mother or not, selfish is still selfish.

Yep, same. And in a high profile case like this, where the whole town involved itself in the search right away, I'd try and grab a quick word with a police officer and ask if they could pass the message on via a social worker or whoever the family had to talk to.

Yes, I remember it was all over the news like wildfire within 1-2 hours of him going missing. I remember checking the news regularly hoping he would be found. As time went on I was worried he had drowned in a dam... as that seems to happen quite a bit to kids who go missing in the bush. My point is, that EVERYONE knew about it within a short space of time. Odd that you would bother the family at that time with a washing machine part. Unless he was creating an alibi? Acting innocent?

If the repairman had not called, wouldnt that make people say he seemed suspicious?

Perhaps. This guy may be damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

But tradies are notoriously unreliable in getting back to you when they say they will. And I am not sure that he even said that he would get back to her on Friday, just after the part came in, though he could have said Friday for all we know.

Still, if he did know that William was missing, I would tend to do as Eloise said. Let someone (else) know the part was there if they wanted the work to be done, then sit back and wait for a call from the family.

But tradies are notoriously unreliable in getting back to you when they say they will. And I am not sure that he even said that he would get back to her on Friday, just after the part came in, though he could have said Friday for all we know.

Yeah, we're only hearing one side of the story WRT the washing machine.

Wasn't it said originally, he missed a call from G'ma, tried to call back, no answer, then called back later, and was told now wasn't a good time?

Wasn't it said originally, he missed a call from G'ma, tried to call back, no answer, then called back later, and was told now wasn't a good time?

I have also read this early version, stated by his friend Colin.

He said that, when Mr Spedding got in touch with the family on Friday, the day that William went missing, he initially couldn't get a hold of the grandmother.

Mr Spedding is understood to have told police that, at the time the toddler disappeared, he was having coffee with his wife in nearby Laurieton.

He said he then went to a nearby school presentation.

"He's rung them again because he couldn't get them in the morning," Colin said.

"Then [William's] mother answered it and said, 'Oh I'm afraid, look I'm afraid you can't come and do it at the moment - we will give you a call when we can.' "

http://www.watoday.com.au/nsw/willia...22-12v4n3.html

I agree with the damned if he does damned if he didn't sentiment.

It's the same for how people appear in media (if they choose or are able to)

Unless of course someone appears to the media sounding haughty, salesman-sy with large fingernail scratches on his cheek.

BBM: :floorlaugh:

Does 2 hours seem like an awfully long time to have coffee with your wife? Coffee at ~10am, presentation at the school across the road at 12pm? Maybe its just because i have three kids and im always rushing about.. But even on the odd occasion we do go out for dinner it would be rare for us to be there for 2 hours. I cant imagine sitting in a coffee shop for 2 hours and then going and sitting at a presentation afterwards as well

Does 2 hours seem like an awfully long time to have coffee with your wife? Coffee at ~10am, presentation at the school across the road at 12pm? Maybe its just because i have three kids and im always rushing about.. But even on the odd occasion we do go out for dinner it would be rare for us to be there for 2 hours. I cant imagine sitting in a coffee shop for 2 hours and then going and sitting at a presentation afterwards as well
There is nothing to say he stayed at the coffee shop for 2 hours.. wasn't his "office / pawn shop" only 140m down the road?
Maybe he went back there?

It might be an age thing. We're the same - "going out for coffee" means staying there a max of 20 minutes, because that's the max attention span of a toddler, but I've noticed groups of older people outside coffee shops that will sit there for ages. I'll walk past them as I do my errands and school drop off and stuff and they'll still be there an hour later. I guess time is on a different scale when you don't have small kids? Ask me in a few years if it's normal to have two hours to have coffee haha

As a 'young' 60 yr old, I will admit that hubby and I can sit at Starbucks for and hour or two. We each take a laptop, and our cells, and make calls and answer mail, while sipping a latte. It's quite nice actually. And I watch the young mums rushing past with their toddlers, and remember fondly those times. LOL

Welcome Kezam and another.com :D

We're not a bad bunch, we don't bite. Occasionally Marlywings and ColdPizza get their ray guns out if we violate TOS.

Another.com - It was clarified early on (IIRC), that WT and family arrived the day before he went missing.
I am just slowly going back through the first few threads again to pick up anything I missed or anything that got muddled up.

Among those statements was the one from Mr Spedding. Detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what he told them, which led them to the surprise raids on the tradesman’s former first-floor pawnbroking office in Laurieton and his Bonny Hills home last week.

“What he said did not add up because people he named did not remember seeing him,” a source alleged. The crime scene tape at the Bonny Hills house was taken down on Thursday as police completed their two-day search of the house where they dug up the yard, including a fire pit, and emptied a septic tank. Three cars were towed away and items including a mattress and computer taken from the pawnbroking office.

A friend said that Mr Spedding had been given legal *advice not to talk to the media.

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his *statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/com...r-william-tyrell/story-fnii5s3z-1227195546202

There is an article in the Telegraph today which says
"As the search for the three year old ramped up, mr spedding returned to the granmothers house a few days later to complete the repair,which had required a spare part, the saturday telegraph can reveal."

More conflicting stories...?!

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”
Some friend! Why the heck would you blab that to the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz