Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Senior Constable Rowley did look. Possibly with a torch?

“The only thing I could see in the roof cavity was a plastic owl often used to scare birds and vermin.”

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/06/01/william-tyrrell-inquest-2/

Was this the owl?
View attachment 187338

From the same article we can see ‘hands-on Jubes’ in the top rhs background of the line search.

View attachment 187339
Yes, good memory/catch.. forgot about that owl.

could the wooden box over the window have been used to hide someone spying on the neighbours?

A box seems like such a strange thing to cover a window, why not plywood, or shadecloth, or another inexpensive covering?
But then almost everything from that house looked very strange in the real estate pics we saw when the house was up for sale.
I didn't notice the box in any of those 'main room' pics. Did anyone else see it?
I wonder what room it was in. I don't believe we saw pics of the bedrooms in the real estate ad. Maybe it was at the rear of the house ... facing the forest? I think we could see the other external three sides of the house.

A box seems like such a strange thing to cover a window, why not plywood, or shadecloth, or another inexpensive covering?
But then almost everything from that house looked very strange in the real estate pics we saw when the house was up for sale.
I didn't notice the box in any of those 'main room' pics. Did anyone else see it?
I wonder what room it was in. I don't believe we saw pics of the bedrooms in the real estate ad. Maybe it was at the rear of the house ... facing the forest? I think we could see the other external three sides of the house.

'On the eastern side of the house we saw a wooden box had been fabricated and installed over what we thought would be a window,' Constable Rowley said.

William Tyrrell's birth father lashes foster carers in police statement to coronial inquest | Daily Mail Online

'On the eastern side of the house we saw a wooden box had been fabricated and installed over what we thought would be a window,' Constable Rowley said.

William Tyrrell's birth father lashes foster carers in police statement to coronial inquest | Daily Mail Online

So, that would be on the Batar Creek Road side of the house. I am just looking at old real estate pics of the house. That side of the house is obstructed by a tree in the old real estate pics.

I did notice that the house has been sold again, after much improvement ... during April 2019.
In the newer real estate pics of the house, the eastern side comprises large windows (three large windows and front door) - so it must have been a pretty huge box that was fabricated.
And it wasn't on the first window, which was the living room, I believe (can see that window in the old real estate pics).

Last edited:

I wonder if it perhaps wasn't a window afterall, but the space had at one time had an air conditioner installed into the wall (I have seem them installed in a wall here, rather than a window, when people may not have 'central air').. not sure if you guys have same things over there? If a/c had been removed at some point, guy may have made a box to cover opening, and insulated? Wonder why it wasn't elaborated as to what they found on the corresponding interior side of the wall!

Looking at the newer real estate pics of #35, there is very easy access straight into the forest. There is even a gate that can be opened right onto the forest.

The eastern wall can be seen quite clearly. Not seeing any repair spot (filled in with newer bricks or the like) that could now be covering where an old a/c hole and box might have been. There is really only one piece of wall on that side of the house that would have been been able to hold an a/c. The rest is all large windows and front door.

Last edited:
So, that would be on the Batar Creek Road side of the house. I am just looking at old real estate pics of the house. That side of the house is obstructed by a tree in the old real estate pics.

I did notice that the house has been sold again, after much improvement ... during April 2019.
In the newer real estate pics of the house, the eastern side comprises large windows (three large windows and front door) - so it must have been a pretty huge box that was fabricated.
And it wasn't on the first window, which was the living room, I believe (can see that window in the old real estate pics).

Surely it wasn't the door that had the huge box over it. Would that door be to the laundry?

Surely it wasn't the door that had the huge box over it. Would that door be to the laundry?

No, I think it is the front door, soso. When you look at the exterior of the house in relation to the interior pics of the house. It is in the correct position to be the front door that leads directly into the living room.

I wonder if all the neighbours houses were searched three times witnin first 24 hours.

Depending on the structure of the box, the purpose might have been to prevent a break-in while allowing the window to be left open.

Only one window set up that way, though. When there are three of the same size on the eastern side of the house.

I was actually wondering if it was designed to grow small plants from seeds - the kind a person may not want others to see or smell, small plants that could be transplanted into the forest during nocturnal hours when they could withstand animals and weather.
A box that could be opened from the inside to allow plant maintenance, a box that was open on the window side to allow light in through sheer but sight-restrictive curtains, and could be kept closed from the inside to keep any odour in.
When a rental agent came by for a property check, such small plants could be replaced with other plants ... like the ones we saw sitting on the kitchen floor in old real estate photos.

Just speculation, considering the type of plants that were discovered in the forest by search parties. As well as the delay in opening the door to the police. And the stated 'nervous' nature of the occupant, as conveyed by Mr Savage.

Last edited:
Re the box-window man: Maybe he had an uneasy feeling his neighbours were taking note of his sleep/wake cycle and thinking him odd because it didn't correspond with theirs. That might make someone turn inward or want to barricade a window.

The Daily Mail Australia article that @sosocurious linked has some details about him, saying he:
- slept during the day;
- had skin which looked like tissue paper and had "a very small red mark" on his wrist;
- had tachycardia (which Google says might be caused by things like substance abuse, stress, fear, or anxiety; or - I'm guessing - being woken from sleep by police banging on the door.)

I think the optimum word in Const Rowley's statement is 'thought'.

If you look at the real estate pictures, which I won't post due to privacy but are still available via google, the windows on the eastern side of the house are very large and could only be covered by a wooden box if it was a very, very large box.

It doesn't look like it would be air conditioning either as there is a split air system on the western side of the house.

This ladder under the man hole.
Search one at about 2:40pm was the ladder under the man hole?
Search 2 about 3;30 the ladder was under the man hole.
Search 3 - 11 am the next day. Had the ladder been moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member