Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The child would have been on the passenger rear side, not the driver's side. The child was described to be on the kerbside of the car.
"In the first vehicle, in the rear of the 4WD, he believes he saw a small boy who was standing at the rear curb side window as the car went past him ..... "
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...liam-tyrrell-disappeared-20190819-p52ik3.html

abt 3 hours before your favourite journo

Ms Beacroft said Ronald Chapman was at home on the morning of September 12, 2014 when he heard a noise and thought it might have been the postman.

Mr Chapman went outside his house and saw a vehicle with a child “up against the passenger side back seat window.”

His recollection was that the child was wearing a Spiderman outfit.

Ms Beacroft regards Mr Chapman as a reliable witness..............................................................

Ms Beacroft said Mr Chapman believed that the car was travelling with another vehicle, although this may have been a coincidence.

His recollection was that the first car was driven by a woman, and the second by a man.

Mr Chapman is on the witness list for the inquest hearings which are this week being conducted in Taree,

NoCookies | The Australian
Police believe there may have been a second child dressed in a Spiderman suit on morning William Tyrrell went missing

I am looking forward to what Mr Chapman has to say.
Male / female sometimes it is hard to tell.

Is anyone able to post the video attached to this tweet?
It says they were doing another search today!

7NEWS Brisbane
@7NewsBrisbane

·
51m

We can reveal the most high-profile person of interest in the William Tyrrell disappearance will likely sue New South Wales Police. Bill Spedding has always maintained his innocence and has now been cleared.
@RobertOvadia
#7NEWS

Sorry I don’t know how to attach the video but have watched it ...
It is possible that today’s search has resulted from information gained in the closed court sessions??

Ms Beacroft said Ronald Chapman was at home on the morning of September 12, 2014 when he heard a noise and thought it might have been the postman.

Mr Chapman went outside his house and saw a vehicle with a child “up against the passenger side back seat window.”

Ms Beacroft regards Mr Chapman as a reliable witness..............................................................

Ms Beacroft said Mr Chapman believed that the car was travelling with another vehicle, although this may have been a coincidence.

His recollection was that the first car was driven by a woman, and the second by a man.

Mr Chapman is on the witness list for the inquest hearings which are this week being conducted in Taree,

Police believe there may have been a second child dressed in a Spiderman suit on morning William Tyrrell went missing

Ah, a second source is always good in this instance. Thanks. :)

Yes, many articles keep referring to the little one as 'the child'. It can be very difficult to tell the gender of a young one at a glance or a quick look.

Last edited:

so does this mean that 2 people have said a car sounded like the postie ?

Edit: I see where the road slopes up and down in the middle. My apologies.

I wonder which side of the slope the witness lives on? Did he see the 4WD going uphill, or did he see the 4WD going downhill?
I respect his opinion. And his testimony. I just question the motif on the child's t-shirt seen quickly through a likely-tinted window.

If Chapman is stating that he saw the car come from Batar Ck Road into Laurel, IMO. Based on where I have located Chapman standing at the time, it is close to the corner turned and would not give a long period of time to look at a car passing, not long at all. I do note he may have more access to seeing those two vehicles arriving from Batar Ck Road though and turning into Laurel.

If the child was Kerbside this would also be the same side of the road he was standing, making this the passenger side of the car. If the car came flying around that corner it would made alot of tyre noise. It likely slowed down to turn giving Chapman a bit longer view.

If I am correct in this location (which I'm positive I am) the cars were traveling in the direction of uphill. but were at the foot of that hill after turning if makes sense?

Can you see it in this tweet? It plays for me. The video is embedded in the tweet. Just have to unmute the sound.

7NEWS Brisbane on Twitter

The search was on Herons Creek Road in Herons Creek (near Kew), while the inquest was happening, and MSM said something to the effect of 'today's search is in practical consideration of Paul Savage and other locals who are due to testify this week'.
Thanks SA, for some reason I am unable to post videos with my tweets :confused:

so does this mean that 2 people have said a car sounded like the postie ?
Yes. I think a Beneroon Drive resident said they thought they heard a car that sounded like the postie from memory. I wonder if the postie will be attending the inquest to clarify when they were delivering in the area. I'm not insinuating they were involved of course.

wou
Yes. I think a Beneroon Drive resident said they thought they heard a car that sounded like the postie from memory. I wonder if the postie will be attending the inquest to clarify when they were delivering in the area. I'm not insinuating they were involved of course.[/QUOTE
Would anyone happen to know the car the postie drives...could it be a diesel ?

It is possible that this is the same 4WD that was reported as speeding away ....
Possibly only that part of the information was released ... and the police decided to omit the part about seeing a child in the back???

That's a great thought.

Police believe a 4WD spotted outside the home of missing toddler William Tyrell could shed light on the three-year-old’s disappearance a year ago this week.
Authorities have received reports of a similar car speeding through the town of Kendall on NSW’s mid-north coast where William was living at or shortly after he went missing.

Head of the investigation, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, appealed for information about four cars at the centre of inquiries. Witnesses have recalled a 4WD leaving the cul-de-sac of Benaroon Drive where William disappeared from his grandmother’s home a year ago this Saturday.

(Also, further down in the article) Mr Jubelin said police wanted to prompt memories in anyone with an “emotional connection” to come forward.

4WD clue to missing William Tyrrell - SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

Yes. I think a Beneroon Drive resident said they thought they heard a car that sounded like the postie from memory. I wonder if the postie will be attending the inquest to clarify when they were delivering in the area. I'm not insinuating they were involved of course.

The postie submitted her times etc at the first sitting of the inquest.. back in ? March .. will be interesting to see if she is recalled...

"While the inquest is sitting in the regional town of Taree this week, police on Monday launched a fresh local search for evidence.

Police, sniffer dogs and SES personnel scoured bushland around Kendall and the nearby township of Herons Creek."

Doubt over Tyrrell foster mum's car claims

I wonder what connection to Herons Creek is.....

"While the inquest is sitting in the regional town of Taree this week, police on Monday launched a fresh local search for evidence.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...liam-tyrrell-disappeared-20190819-p52ik3.html

Police, sniffer dogs and SES personnel scoured bushland around Kendall and the nearby township of Herons Creek."

Doubt over Tyrrell foster mum's car claims

Wonder what the coroner has heard to warrant this search

Detectives have returned to the Kendall area from which William Tyrrell disappeared, undertaking a new search of the surroundings of the home that the little boy disappeared from in 2014.

The search was done under a coronial order, as the NSW Coroners Court attempts to grapple with what happened to the child.

Looking at these two mapshots .... Herons Creek Road runs through substantial forest.

pywk6.jpg

i7699w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads