Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, there were likely many photos taken however cannot be shown as protecting Williams sister. I would say LE would have gone through all of the photos taken and only released the ones of William as the main subject as he was missing and due to the fostering situation.

I think it is really important to remember that FACS approval was required prior to the media release of ANY photos of William (or his facially blurred-out sister).

Once the case was in the Coroner's hands for the inquest, the Coroner then also has the power to release photos of William.

We researched this many moons ago. Only FACS, then the Coroner, can authorise photo releases of foster children.
The police themselves have no say in the matter.

Last edited:
So where does this all fit in with the encounter FFC had with the man in the car with a thick neck, big gut & sandy color hair who stared at her and she stared back at him? What type car was he driving?

I was just taking a google walk around Benaroon Drive (for the millionth time) and I noticed the clear view to FGM's patio from the road on the hill just up from her house and Savage's house. Was actually looking for the house that the police were raking next to in the footage on the previous page.

Much of the back garden where the children were playing can be seen clearly also.

Just going to put that view here, in case we want to look at it further at some point.

View attachment 203903 View attachment 203904

Is this the driveway that the man driving the teal car turned into? I’ve always wondered about this and how he would have had a perfect chance to see the happenings on the patio, if it is.

I was just taking a google walk around Benaroon Drive (for the millionth time) and I noticed the clear view to FGM's patio from the road on the hill just up from her house and Savage's house. Was actually looking for the house that the police were raking next to in the footage on the previous page.

Much of the back garden where the children were playing can be seen clearly also.

Just going to put that view here, in case we want to look at it further at some point.

View attachment 203903 View attachment 203904

I just also wanted to add, when I’ve looked into this angle before, I noticed that this is the view of the patio you get when you exit the bush track from the forest that leads to the cemetery.

I don't know, with regard to Savage. If we ever get to hear about the contents of Jubes recordings, maybe that will help us understand all the questions asked and the three days on the stand.

One question I haven't really considered yet, is why the question about what Savage was wearing that day (asked of another witness). Is that a DNA related question? As in, physically carrying William away?

I certainly don't think Savage is the only viable suspect. The POIs who have been called to the inquest must all have been called for good reason, because I don't see other previous POI names on the list (Bickford, Nichols).
Did it perhaps relate to the request by the coroner for all press photos taken on the day? Trying to establish if he was where he said he was?

Did it perhaps relate to the request by the coroner for all press photos taken on the day? Trying to establish if he was where he said he was?

Could be.

I was wondering if they wanted to see if he had changed clothes from earlier in the day. Perhaps one set of clothes when William went missing - perhaps when AMS knocked at his door.
And another set of clothes after he had returned from his first search for William and was seen on the street at around 1/1:15pm - the black and white checked shirt he was photographed as wearing.

Do you think we are getting any closer to the truth about what happened to little William or will it continue to be a mystery? My real worry is that the truth will die with the monster involved. I’m not suggesting that any particular person may be involved.

Do you think we are getting any closer to the truth about what happened to little William or will it continue to be a mystery? My real worry is that the truth will die with the monster involved. I’m not suggesting that any particular person may be involved.

We are going to find out one day. :)

"Jubelin said he had some evidence to support his theory ..... "

zx92.JPG
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

No I dont think we are closer, barring a deathbed confession, or William being found with suspects DNA on him.
If after four plus years Jubelin etc with 15000 pieces of evidence cant prove it I think it’s over.
Would be good to know how many people have tried to claim the reward though.

Did you listen to the latest podcast, greg? Many missing children found after years and years. This info can also be found via Google.

Even if we don't know exactly what happened to William - found children can often reveal what happened one way or the other - he likely may still be found. And that is the biggest thing to the parents. They mostly just want their child home, in whatever condition that may be.

By bringing their child home, that tells them what they need to know most of all.
We want justice, the parents want their child.

Last edited:
It certainly worries me that he will become one of the tragic few that we never find, and/or whose abductor/murderer is never brought to justice. Even if just because there is never enough evidence to arrest or convict and the perpetrator dies before it can be gathered. There are too many of those such cases as it is. We can only hope that he is not one of them.

Can someone please enlighten me on PS's son? Pardon my ignorance , but I don't recall hearing anything about him before.
Thank you

And I am sure he likely has caused a lot of and received a lot of flack in the community after it was made known that he did not report it.

IMO though, those he told thereafter (friends I believe?) are almost just as bad for not going to police themselves.

Oh, I think that Mr Chapman likely twigged that it might have been William in the vehicle much later than he says.
I think he probably complained to his friends about the hoon drivers and people being unsafe with a child in the vehicle, more than thinking it was a missing boy in the vehicle.

I also think that could be why the relative of the police officer did not pass the message along. Because the message the relative got was one about hoon drivers and a possibly unrestrained child.

It could be that the third party that did report it to the police also heard about the hoon drivers and unrestrained child, and thought to themselves 'that might have been William' and reported it as a good citizen should.

It is probable, to me, that Mr Chapman is doing all he can do to save face - at this point in time. While still passing his later thoughts along, eventually.

Can someone please enlighten me on PS's son? Pardon my ignorance , but I don't recall hearing anything about him before.
Thank you
I think only this mention (which implies that he lived there):
From his house directly opposite William’s grandmother’s former home, an elderly man named Paul (surname withheld for privacy reasons) and his son, Sean, have watched long-time friends and neighbours slowly drift away from Benaroon Drive.
NoCookies | The Australian

It certainly worries me that he will become one of the tragic few that we never find, and/or whose abductor/murderer is never brought to justice. Even if just because there is never enough evidence to arrest or convict and the perpetrator dies before it can be gathered. There are too many of those such cases as it is. We can only hope that he is not one of them.

I was just reading up about Daniel Morcome and Brett Cowan.

I really hope that Williams inquest and further inquiries will at least, just like Daniels case hold someone accountable.

It was years after for justice for Daniel however they got there in the end.

Let's hope William and his family will get the same result soon.

Oh, I think that Mr Chapman likely twigged that it might have been William in the vehicle much later than he says.
I think he probably complained to his friends about the hoon drivers and people being unsafe with a child in the vehicle, more than thinking it was a missing boy in the vehicle.

I also think that could be why the relative of the police officer did not pass the message along. Because the message the relative got was one about hoon drivers and a possibly unrestrained child.

It could be that the third party that did report it to the police also heard about the hoon drivers and unrestrained child, and thought to themselves 'that might have been William' and reported it as a good citizen should.

It is probable, to me, that Mr Chapman is doing all he can do to save face - at this point in time. While still passing his later thoughts along, eventually.

Did RC mention in his interview/inquest exactly what he said to the Relative of the police officer he knew?

Did RC mention in his interview/inquest exactly what he said to the Relative of the police officer he knew?

Not that I have read anywhere. Just that his sisters encouraged him to tell the officer at the club (who wasn't there) about the sighting.
The sighting of what? Hoon drivers and an unrestrained child? That is what he seems to have been grumbling about at the time.

And was that good enough for the sisters as well, if it possibly was a sighting of William? To tell a person at the club and hope that the info got through to the police officer?

Not that I have read anywhere. Just that his sisters encouraged him to tell the officer at the club (who wasn't there) about the sighting.
The sighting of what? Hoon drivers and an unrestrained child? That is what he seems to have been grumbling about at the time.

And was that good enough for the sisters as well, if it possibly was a sighting of William? To tell a person at the club and hope that the info got through to the police officer?

I wonder when this third party actually went to the police.
Police first spoke to RC in March 2015.

Was there ever mention of police saying they were canvassing residents within 1 klm in the initial weeks? Wasn't it just said they would be canvassing residents?

This article is from 16 September 2014

"We are appealing for anyone who saw any people or vehicles in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive or in the Kendall township on Friday to contact police," he said.
"The search to locate William and his survival is definitely our priority, but we have an open mind and we are broadening our investigation teams at present.
"We just ask if there's any members of the public at all that know of anyone that was in the Kendall area or was visiting the Kendall area last Friday before 11:00am, any information at all, if they could contact CrimeStoppers 1800 333 000.
"We are after any lead whatsoever to try and find where young William is."

Search expands for 3yo boy in Spider-Man suit

and this February 19, 2015

Mr Jubelin said the intensive search for the missing three-year-old, who was last seen in his Spiderman costume, was unlike anything he’d seen in 20 years of policing.

Police now want to speak to everyone who was within a 1km radius of William’s grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the NSW north coast, between 10am and 11am on September 12.
That will likely involve questioning hundreds of people as well as analysing CCTV footage, financial transactions and phone data, reports The Australian.
‘If you’re in there, you’d better come forward’

Last edited:
I don't know, with regard to Savage. If we ever get to hear about the contents of Jubes recordings, maybe that will help us understand all the questions asked and the three days on the stand.

One question I haven't really considered yet, is why the question about what Savage was wearing that day (asked of another witness). Is that a DNA related question? As in, physically carrying William away?

I certainly don't think Savage is the only viable suspect. The POIs who have been called to the inquest must all have been called for good reason, because I don't see other previous POI names on the list (Bickford, Nichols).

Just say PS did snatch him, where would/ could he have put him??

I was under the impression that sniffer dogs didn't detect any trace of William outside of FGM's boundary. I've also only even seen reports that suggest there was no evidence of William found at PS's property, during any of the (many) searches or in the bushland nearby.

He was also at home when a neighbour was doorknocking everyone to alert them to William's disappearance.

To me, that means his window of opportunity was small. Not impossible... just small. That also suggests that there is a finite radius of where he could have gone in that window.

I get that it is suss that he searched on his own and had time where he was unaccounted for but it would've been an extremely risky manouvre to relocate William whilst everyone was searching. I just don't see PS as being sneaky enough to pull that off...

Just thinking out loud.

If it was shown that he had disposed of clothing though, that would be very concerning...

Just say PS did snatch him, where would/ could he have put him??

I was under the impression that sniffer dogs didn't detect any trace of William outside of FGM's boundary. I've also only even seen reports that suggest there was no evidence of William found at PS's property, during any of the (many) searches or in the bushland nearby.

He was also at home when a neighbour was doorknocking everyone to alert them to William's disappearance.

To me, that means his window of opportunity was small. Not impossible... just small. That also suggests that there is a finite radius of where he could have gone in that window.

I get that it is suss that he searched on his own and had time where he was unaccounted for but it would've been an extremely risky manouvre to relocate William whilst everyone was searching. I just don't see PS as being sneaky enough to pull that off...

Just thinking out loud.

If it was shown that he had disposed of clothing though, that would be very concerning...

I wonder if he even went searching at all.
I was thinking his previous run in's with the law may have made him a bit anti police. So he hightailed back inside until he had no choice but to join the line search and let the police look through his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer