Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that Mr Chapman's sighting didn't ruffle too many of his feathers at the time. "Missing kid - they'll find him". Despite all the TV News reports and everyone out searching. He was more upset about the hoons driving on his street and the child not seeming to be buckled in.

He mentioned it to a relative of the police when he went to the club - did he really go to the club to find the police officer, or did he happen to be going there anyway? (Otherwise, why not make the necessary phone call? He had made a helpful phone call to police in the past, why not do that again?)

He never did report his sighting officially. A third party did that several weeks later, having heard it through the grapevine. By then he was too embarrassed that he hadn't officially reported it earlier. The things that people do and don't do out of pride. imo
I think this is likely - makes sense whingeing about new unknown locals and then realising the william scenario. I like it.

<RSBM>

I know this has been asked previously, and I thought I'd seen in a article that this was ps but can't see any confirmations. Does anyone know if box window is Paul Savage? (Whom then becomes nocturnal guy? TIA!)

No, box window guy is not Paul Savage. It was his next door neighbour - an ex-taxi driver - who also lived right across the road from FGM, in what we called 'the creepy house'.
The one that FGM initially thought could be the culprit ... but police searched his home 3 times in the first 24 hours and found nothing.
He moved away sometime after William disappeared.

From his house directly opposite William’s grandmother’s former home, an elderly man named Paul (surname withheld for privacy reasons) and his son, Sean, have watched long-time friends and neighbours slowly drift away from Benaroon Drive.“A lot of them have moved,” he says. “One bloke left because he felt intimidated by the police. He had a few problems. He wasn’t a crook or a bad bloke, just a bit of a loner. He wanted out.”

“A recluse,” says Sean. “I think all of the attention sort of frightened him.”
“They were coming around checking everything and he got scared,” Paul says. “Just the fear of that.” He shrugs his shoulders. “You got to let them do their job and they’re still following up on everything. They’re doing a good job.”

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell: fear in Kendall where little boy disappeared
SEPTEMBER 3, 2016

Me too!

I hate to think about it where the ratio is normal o_O which my assumption it's Probable.

Also think it's pretty normal to move to a new town if you have a seedy past, be able to blend in possibly lower cost of living and live in a caravan without raising eyebrows.

Well, at least the residents there are now aware of the creepy people and know to watch out for their children. I hope residents everywhere realise that their town could be just the same.

“So much suspicious stuff,” says Andrew Copelin, a father of three standing by the brick canteen of the Kendall Sports Ground, watching his young children ....
“You’re always taking second looks at things. Really, really aware, especially a day like today where you’ve got young ones playing around here. We’re watching out not only for our ones but you’re always kinda watching out for other kids.”

“There’s a lot of underlying factors that you hear about,” says Emelia’s dad, a youth worker in a local 24/7 crisis centre who is more attuned than most to the region’s “underlying factors”.
“It’s there,” he says, matter-of-factly. “The element is there. When you hear about it you kind of only hear what the media portrays and then, when you actually work in the industry and talk to people who you know, there’s a lot more stuff that’s under that which the media doesn’t get to.

(From the same The Australian article that I just linked above)

Off topic I would like to do the same (without a seedy past) this place is beautiful as are surroundings - port macquarie etc.

Sea change dream ruined if the ratios are higher!
I have a horrible feeling that it's probably not all that unusual... we have just been made aware of it because they the first port of call when a kid goes missing.

LE have had to lift up the rocks and the spiders are scuttling...

Sunday Rant
Im sure PS knew more about the comings and goings in his immediate neighbourhood than anyone, what with his daily walks and postie obsession. Plus he probably knew everyone.
I’m convinced he saw something, especially if William was taken before postie arrived.
I want to know when postie came as PS probably watched closely.
i want to know what PS did before retirement.
I want to know why that cardboard thing was across neighbours window.
I want to know if PS is frightened of someone.

The inquest has left me with more questions than answers.
Me too Kiwi.

I also want to I know more about PS's connections.

No, box window guy is not Paul Savage. It was his next door neighbour - an ex-taxi driver - who also lived right across the road from FGM, in what we called 'the creepy house'.
The one that FGM initially thought could be the culprit ... but police searched his home 3 times in the first 24 hours and found nothing.
He moved away sometime after William disappeared.

From his house directly opposite William’s grandmother’s former home, an elderly man named Paul (surname withheld for privacy reasons) and his son, Sean, have watched long-time friends and neighbours slowly drift away from Benaroon Drive.“A lot of them have moved,” he says. “One bloke left because he felt intimidated by the police. He had a few problems. He wasn’t a crook or a bad bloke, just a bit of a loner. He wanted out.”

“A recluse,” says Sean. “I think all of the attention sort of frightened him.”
“They were coming around checking everything and he got scared,” Paul says. “Just the fear of that.” He shrugs his shoulders. “You got to let them do their job and they’re still following up on everything. They’re doing a good job.”

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell: fear in Kendall where little boy disappeared
SEPTEMBER 3, 2016

Just to add to this post ... I never have felt comfortable about nocturnal man, though. The police searched his home 3 times in the first 24 hours. I believe that FGM proclaimed her thought that it could be him after that, because she was assured that he had been checked out thoroughly.

Also, in an article linked recently it says that they were 'unable' to name him. And I wondered why they were unable to do so. Because he was a sex offender? Or other reasons?
If he was a protected (grrr ...) sex offender, it could be why police searched his home 3 times in the first 24 hours.

Also, when we saw pics of the inside of his home, when it went up for 'urgent sale by owner', there was a stuffed teddy bear sitting on the back of the couch. That raised my eyebrow.

Last edited:
Couple points for keeping from the article below.
  1. Blood find
  • She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the ‘blood find’ for about 15 minutes,” the officer said.
2. Search of neighbours home (boxed window man)
  • No one answered the door. But the officers saw a wooden box installed over what they assumed was a side window. I
  • The officer noticed a ladder leading up to a manhole in the laundry ceiling. “I looked inside the roof cavity but did not climb in,”
  • The next morning, Sen Const Rowley returned a third time to search the home with a detective and another officer.
  • The man told Sen Const Rowley he was in poor health and had “sleep patterns” left over from his time as a taxi driver.
Disturbing early clues in William Tyrrell search

I know this has been asked previously, and I thought I'd seen in a article that this was ps but can't see any confirmations. Does anyone know if box window is Paul Savage? (Whom then becomes nocturnal guy? TIA!)

This makes me uneasy. Exactly when was the roof cavity of this man’s house searched? Why on earth would you not search it as soon as you saw the ladder? Remember that it was some time before road blocks were put up and residents were free to come and go for a period of time. Would it be that hard to hide a child in a roof (possibly drugged or unconscious?) then place him in your car and move him later? Horrible thought and all JMO, but it all seems plausible to me. As does the possibility that PS could have hidden him.

ETA: the coroner has also looked at the possibility that William was hidden within the street and moved sometime later, since PS was questioned about the hole in his yard and the visibility through his car windows.

These are views of nocturnal man's house in Feb 2014, from Google Earth. I can't get them any clearer than this. They blur out as I zoom in.

What kind of car is that in his driveway? A white station wagon? A white ute?

White station wagon parked on the road in front of his house seen by FM that morning?
Burnt car in the bush?

zx91.JPG zx92.JPG

Last edited:
Seriously doubt it JLZ.
You doubt what? That she was the driver seen by Mr Chapman or that anyone knows who she is or that she's a police dog handler?

I feel that Mr Chapman's evidence implicating a female, while not unassailable, deserves more attention. While I was thinking this I realized I was staring right at a female who fitted the description. She's not a POI, I don't want to publish her name and address, but I'd like to know whether she's a near neighbour, or someone who answered LH's SM call, or a police dog handler, or what.

Last edited:
I can also zoom in (blurrily) on Savage's house in Feb 2014.

No pool, and a dark area where the pool once stood. Maybe no pool house either?

Possible veggie garden added. With a shed.

Plus a dark structure at the back of the house. Lots of exterior buildings.

zx91.JPG zx92.JPG

Last edited:
These are views of nocturnal man's house in Feb 2014, from Google Earth. I can't get them any clearer than this. They blur out as I zoom in.

White station wagon parked on the road in front of his house seen by FM that morning?
Burnt car in the bush?

View attachment 204399 View attachment 204401

Does that also fit the description of the car Tim Palmer says Mick McInally saw on the day William disappeared? Maybe also the man and his white Ute watching the police searchers linked up thread?

Re: this

I want to know if there's something unusual about the area and its attraction for these men - or if the actual truth is all areas are this concentrated with sex offenders and those suspected of sex offences, we just don't know it because there's no public registry here.
i read somewhere the nsw central coast has a very very high number of csos living there, ill try to find the article

This makes me uneasy. Exactly when was the roof cavity of this man’s house searched? Why on earth would you not search it as soon as you saw the ladder? Remember that it was some time before road blocks were put up and residents were free to come and go for a period of time. Would it be that hard to hide a child in a roof (possibly drugged or unconscious?) then place him in your car and move him later? Horrible thought and all JMO, but it all seems plausible to me. As does the possibility that PS could have hidden him.

ETA: the coroner has also looked at the possibility that William was hidden within the street and moved sometime later, since PS was questioned about the hole in his yard and the visibility through his car windows.
If you went to all the trouble of drugging a child and hauling them up a ladder to hide them in the roof space would you leave the ladder there for everyone to see though?

He does seem quite odd, I must admit and I can see why FGM had her initial concerns.

Burnt car in the bush?

View attachment 204399 View attachment 204401
And white Ute linked to the investigation of the blood find...

It might be naive of me, but I am still thinking about probabilities of potential answers. Sorry about this post's length!

Firstly, who saw WT last / who was around. We've been told FP and FGM and sister, and they have been cleared. Coroner would have to have no reasonable doubt about this and move to next option.

Secondly, WT misadventure. Searches have seemed to prove that has been ruled out and the inquest seems to have moved beyond this option too.

Thirdly, accident in immediate vicinity / driveway etc...that seems to have been ruled out but if PS saw something, could it have been an accident without evidence being left? Highly unlikely IMO.

I must admit I did at one time consider PS witnessed a family member or person whom he cared for driving past the FGM home, and an accident occurring, perhaps without the driver even realising what had happened. PS may have then protectively tried to cover up an accident. Justifying this dilemma has made him a bit confused since perhaps. An accident would surely produce evidence at the scene, and what would a person do to hide what had occurred quickly? And what would have to happen to get away with that? Why hide and not call for help? Fear, blame, embarrassment? Too convoluted for my liking. I also believe Chapman saw what he has testified so that also pulls my mind away from an accident scenario. IMO.

The only way I can see the two connected is a highly unlikely scenario. What if PS was talking to WT on the street and the postie he was allegedly harrassing is blonde and decided there and then to 'save' WT from a man she didn't hold in high regard. Whether he was trustworthy or not....She drives off with WT, PS jumps in his car and follows her. This is unlikely because PS owns a Pajero not a blue sedan, correct? Also, wouldn't postie then just drive to police station or post office, give back WT, report it, etc. So totally not believable scenario. Strange things can seem a good idea when stressed, fearful or angry...

So fourth option, WT was shepherded nearby on foot, by a neighbour. Then moved on somehow? Without anyone seeing a thing? It would seem GP was keen to look at this closely, pursuing PS for whatever reason. Potentially some other local POIs could have been on foot, but once again, weren't seen that we are aware of. Caravan lady would have to be in this list.

Fifth, WT was picked up by a car and whisked away. Chapman's sighting seems to confirm this is most likely what happened. It's been publicised in the media way too late to be of any real use now perhaps. Then who were these people? FM said in her 000 call that she felt 'they've taken him' or something similar - her gut feeling seemed to think a repeat of the past? What does that tell us, when BF has been cleared? Anyone nearby with a car travelling up that street (or down) would be on the list.

No wonder it's taking a while to sort through!

In my view, the inquest shared publicly info that the Coroner wants shared. Screws are tightening. One phone call is all it takes.

Last edited:
If you went to all the trouble of drugging a child and hauling them up a ladder to hide them in the roof space would you leave the ladder there for everyone to see though?

He does seem quite odd, I must admit and I can see why FGM had her initial concerns.

Does anyone have a link to the msm FGM interview or where she was quoted please? I don't think I've ever seen her interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties