Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New midnight release

Good to see they are going back to where it all happened...

Last month, police raided two properties belonging to local businessman Bill Spedding, *although he was not charged.

While he remains a declared “person of interest”, as it is thought he may be able to assist the investigation, he is not considered a suspect.

“I would have to say it’s opportunistic and it was a very narrow window of opportunity,” Inspector Jubelin said. “We’re only talking about a minute or two when William was not supervised.

“Someone has come across William and seen an opportunity and seized on the opportunity.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...yrrell-detective/story-e6frg6nf-1227224743038

I wonder if this release is in response to The Daily Mails release of the guy with the folded arms...

"You'd Better come forward if you were in the area": Tyrrell detective.
Detectives searching for the person who snatched 3 year old William Tyrrell plan to track the movements of everyone who was within a kilometer of the home from which William disappeared.......................

Bill Spedding remains a declared person of interest, as it is thought he may be able to assist the investigation - he is not a suspect.......................

I would say there will be a lot more inquiries involving searches .... there will be others coming. When we find out what happened to William there would be other locations searched. Insp Jubelin said........................

If I was the person responsible, i'd be feeling a little bit nervous - Jubelin said....................

It sounds like something is about to take place.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...yrrell-detective/story-e6frg6nf-1227224743038

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...yrrell-detective/story-e6frg6nf-1227224743038

With investigators increasingly convinced William was the victim of an unplanned and opportunistic abduction, tracking the movements of those nearby before the crime took place could prove vital.

“If you were in the area and did not come forward, we would have grave concerns and a certain amount of suspicion would be attached,” Inspector Jubelin said.

I think it's reasonable to assume that if the the abductor lived nearby, they have now moved to some place else.

Doubtful a culprit would come forward though. Likely person
responsible now confident he/she has gotten away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have thought that people in the locality would have been questioned, cctv checked etc in the first few days....I wonder what has occurred for them to be going over everything with a fine tooth comb this far down the line....I also wonder in what way BS could help the investigation, as so much is being made of him visiting the house four days before William disappeared?

Do you think it's possible they requested google imaging? I find it interesting they've said it could have been someone who couldn't have their own children and that they are more focused on opportunistic now.

So basically police still have absolutely no idea after all these months, and are now going to interview everyone who's mobile pinged in the area on the day of William's disappearance and hope for the best. Not exactly encouraging.

William Tyrell: Police warn people to come forward or be considered a suspect

“This is not a little boy lost story. This is not a child that wandered off. We think there’s been human intervention,” said Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, of the NSW Homicide Squad.

“Until we have direct evidence that (William) is deceased, we are going to treat it as a possibility that he is alive. Balanced with the fact that we have grave concerns for his safety.

“Sex Crimes have been brought in because we’re exploring all avenues of the matter and they’re bringing certain skills and experience in relation to certain lines of inquiry we’re pursuing.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...idered-a-suspect/story-fnj3rq0y-1227224945724

So basically police still have absolutely no idea after all these months, and are now going to interview everyone who's mobile pinged in the area on the day of William's disappearance and hope for the best. Not exactly encouraging.

Oh, I don't know, I think it's more encouraging than early on when Fehon said they had no idea; that, to me, came across as completely hopeless, and not at all helpful to the investigation. Jmo.

nnsgg3.jpg

Gary Jubelin, Detective Inspector of Homicide revisiting Benaroon Drive in the small town of Kendall where William Tyrell went missing in 2014

He looks like Superman. I hope that he can find little Spiderman. :please:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...idered-a-suspect/story-fnj3rq0y-1227224945724

Unlike "suspect" and "material witness," "person of interest" has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime. It may be used, rather than calling the person a suspect, when they don't want their prime suspect to know they're watching him closely. Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

It's been five months, there must of been extensive detective work been done now, I say the heat is on...:burn:

I'm assuming they can't actually get logs for phone pings unless a call is made?

Hope I'm wrong on that, since I'm starting to think this will be a cold case for a long time.

Would be cool if they could declare: "these are the exact phone numbers that were turned on in a miles radius"... regardless if a call was made.... but is it even possible? after so much time?

I had to take some time away from the thread because it is all doing my head in, then I saw the latest article and now I am even more baffled :tantrum:

Maybe I have too much faith in LE but something tells me they know waaaay more than they are letting on but maybe they don't have the evidence to prove it. I guess similar to DM, LE knew but they had to set up a way to get the evidence they needed for a charge to be laid.

Excuse me whilst I pull my hair out! :laughing:

PS: Stay safe my fellow QLDers! :raincloud:

I had to take some time away from the thread because it is all doing my head in, then I saw the latest article and now I am even more baffled :tantrum:

Maybe I have too much faith in LE but something tells me they know waaaay more than they are letting on but maybe they don't have the evidence to prove it. I guess similar to DM, LE knew but they had to set up a way to get the evidence they needed for a charge to be laid.

Excuse me whilst I pull my hair out! :laughing:

You and me both Belz.. I am throwing most of my eggs in one basket here, but I think Jubelin is tailing something..

If I read between the lines of the article (because I want to think a result is coming!! :tantrum: ) It like he is sending a warning out there... we know you were in the area, we know it is you, hand yourself in, before I get you.

I honestly think there will be a break in this case VERY soon. I am literally holding my breathe waiting for it.

You and me both Belz.. I am throwing most of my eggs in one basket here, but I think Jubelin is tailing something..

If I read between the lines of the article (because I want to think a result is coming!! :tantrum: ) It like he is sending a warning out there... we know you were in the area, we know it is you, hand yourself in, before I get you.

I honestly think there will be a break in this case VERY soon. I am literally holding my breathe waiting for it.

So are they leaning away from Spedding or are they speaking to him now?

So are they leaning away from Spedding or are they speaking to him now?

Maybe their searches turned up nothing on WS and they now need to work on another method to prove him guilty.. But then I think, surely if it was him, he wouldn't have had enough time to carefully plan this out and there be absolutely no evidence for LE to find. I guess it still sits in the back on my mind that I doubt they'd have gone to the extent they did on his property and belongings for no legitimate reason.

Urghhhhh, I have to say I am so glad I am not a detective because I would be bald and frustrated lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95