Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this narrow down the calls they can investigate? Anyone who doesn't come forward will be treated as a suspect. :thinking:

Yes true, it just feels quite late.

However they are using the term "ground zero", so that in some ways feels like an admission of sorts.

IMO they know who did it & BS assisted them with gathering evidence. I feel they are close.

Snipping from the article:

"William Tyrell was wearing his favourite Spiderman costume and playing with his younger sister in the yard at their grandmother's home during a visit to Kendall with their mother from Sydney, when he disappeared."

FFS!!! Get it right!!!! WT's sister is older! :flame:

The "younger sister' was reported earlier on.

It's possible he has another sister, but one that is older - so in theory "younger sister" might be correct?

The "younger sister' was reported earlier on.

It's possible he has another sister, but one that is older - so in theory "younger sister" might be correct?
Just bad reporting....also say's he was visiting with his mother....no mention of the father

Maybe they have found a suspect on CCTV, and are working on the identity - could be using this as a tactic to get them to out themselves..

Older article
Police also stopped vehicles travelling on back roads and asked everyone in the community to provide an alibi.
We cant rule out opportunistic human intervention but if that were the case the chances of everything aligning for that would be unbelievable. Supt Fehon said.

It seems someone or someone's alibi for the hour 10:00am to 11:00 am did not fully check out. imo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...195803646?nk=bc072c9ae83be761694f3377802f98e6

Yes they can still use phone tower pings even if you don't make a call.

In my mind it wasn't random, however it may have been opportunistic. <modsnip>

Folks discussing William's family history in any shape or form is not allowed.

If you have any questions or aren't sure if something can be posted or not, please send PM and I'll get back to you asap.

Do you think you could locate that article? Would love to see it!

IIRC I saw an article saying his 3rd car had been returned and so had his computer etc... I don't believe there has been any information regarding the forensics though!

Please stop leaving us hanging LE :gaah: lol!

I am pretty sure this is my first post here because I am pretty use less when it comes to the workings of forums, so hello to every one.

I have been reading about this case since day one, A) Because it is so heart breaking and B) because my mother and sister used to live in Kendall when my daughter was 3 (she is now 16).

For some reason from the first time I heard about the case my thoughts keep drifting to... Could WT have possibly of climbed into the family car and hid knowing that his dad was going for a drive then when the car stopped he got out and wandered off unknown to his dad. And then it was someone who picked the lost little boy up taking him with no trace. In my belief this would explain the dogs not picking up scent, his sister not being able to tell them where WT went to.

My sisters used to do a similar thing when my dad was going away for work and didn't want him to leave.

One of the cases that I follow, a man went missing, along with his cellphone and vehicle. His vehicle was found several days later, and CCTV in the area showed a man walking and then running away from the truck. Although they never recovered the man nor the cellphone, they were getting pings from his cellphone for a period of time after he'd gone missing. But I don't think they discovered this until after the truck was found, and perhaps that is because they then had a cellphone tower to check against? I'm not sure how that works. ie I'm not sure they can say, 'I have this phone number, can you tell me if it pinged ANYWHERE, during this time'... or if they would be much more successful asking, 'I have this cellphone number AND this location, can you tell me if cellphone towers in THAT area received any pings from that number during this timeframe'... so in a case like this.. where they have no cellphone numbers really.. would they go to the nearest towers and ask for printouts of pings that came from them, and try to match them up? I have no idea, but very interesting. The cellphone numbers that they DO have, I'm sure could be checked against the local cellphone towers, so that is at least a way to check out the people they already know of. ?

Agreed. Best outcome is WT is with a lady who desperately wanted a son. We might just have to live with that hope, and not knowing.

I'd still like to know if police are able to access tower pings without a phone call being made.

That would be the ultimate in crime fighting. Although maybe a little scary for civil liberties.

I don't trust George Brandis to implement data retention laws. Not one bit. But for cases like this, I can see it would be an instant win.

Having said that, the data retention laws are only for calls made. Not for cell tower pings. The level of outcry over that level of data retention would be massive.

But it would just be nice for WT's detectives to get an immediate list of names within a radius. I'd give up my privacy for that if proper governance was put in place.

February 19, 2015, 2:41 pm

Detectives haven't ruled out the possibility that the person responsible for abducting toddler William Tyrell loitered outside his grandmother's home before snatching the three-year-old as soon as he was alone.

It's coming up to six months since William disappeared without a trace from his grandmother's NSW home in the quiet mid-north coast community of Kendall, near Port Macquarie.

They seized a mattress, computer and vehicles, among other items for forensic testing.

Mr Spedding has denied any involvement and police stress he is not a suspect.

Police wouldn't comment on the result of that line of inquiry.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/26349719/tyrell-abductor-may-have-watched-boy/

One of the cases that I follow, a man went missing, along with his cellphone and vehicle. His vehicle was found several days later, and CCTV in the area showed a man walking and then running away from the truck. Although they never recovered the man nor the cellphone, they were getting pings from his cellphone for a period of time after he'd gone missing. But I don't think they discovered this until after the truck was found, and perhaps that is because they then had a cellphone tower to check against? I'm not sure how that works. ie I'm not sure they can say, 'I have this phone number, can you tell me if it pinged ANYWHERE, during this time'... or if they would be much more successful asking, 'I have this cellphone number AND this location, can you tell me if cellphone towers in THAT area received any pings from that number during this timeframe'... so in a case like this.. where they have no cellphone numbers really.. would they go to the nearest towers and ask for printouts of pings that came from them, and try to match them up? I have no idea, but very interesting. The cellphone numbers that they DO have, I'm sure could be checked against the local cellphone towers, so that is at least a way to check out the people they already know of. ?

Would be excellent if this was possible in this case. Wonder how long such data would be kept. There must be millions of pings.

For some reason from the first time I heard about the case my thoughts keep drifting to... Could WT have possibly of climbed into the family car and hid knowing that his dad was going for a drive then when the car stopped he got out and wandered off unknown to his dad. And then it was someone who picked the lost little boy up taking him with no trace. In my belief this would explain the dogs not picking up scent, his sister not being able to tell them where WT went to.

Not unfeasible. Others on here have mentioned similar behaviour with kids.

The thing that might rule it out is the timings. WT was seen after the car left, from what I can gather, which is why there is no chatter of a POI relating to the shopping trip, that we know.

The thing that might rule it out is the timings. WT was seen after the car left, from what I can gather, which is why there is no chatter of a POI relating to the shopping trip, that we know.

I haven't seen any thing saying what time his father left the house compared with what time WT went missing. Or for that fact if he had gone to the small shops in Kendall or the larger ones out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990