Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that makes it acceptable to say to a grieving family? I'd love to hear your explanation as to how his comment to a mother who has lost her child is acceptable because there isn't enough police resources.
I don't need to explain it to you, it is self explanatory IMO. Police can only do so much. The case came to a dead end hence the Inquest. Where were police supposed to go with it after years of finding nothing?

I don't need to explain it to you, it is self explanatory IMO. Police can only do so much. The case came to a dead end hence the Inquest. Where were police supposed to go with it after years of finding nothing?

The case was not at a dead end when it went to inquest, and still isn't, it was described many times as an Ongoing Investigation during the Inquest.

If it was at a dead end, what is Mr Laidlaw doing leading the investigation?

The case was not at a dead end when it went to inquest, and still isn't, it was described many times as an Ongoing Investigation during the Inquest.

Not to mention inquest suddenly stopped as a fresh search came into play

Reminder:

Members cannot use direct quotes from an article behind a paywall. You can only paraphrase and provide the link for members who may wish to subscribe.

Question: Some of these articles let you view one per day or a few per week. They know how many you've read via cookies.

If you can read is it allowed to be posted?

BBM
Christ74,

I want to jump in before this gets lost back in the threads, but I might not have time to respond today, sorry, and can't post any links at the moment:

You said that after MFC's Skype call he went to the pharmacy then texted FFC to ask if she needed anything on his way home.
If that was reported somewhere, can you remember where? I haven't seen or heard it before. Did FFC reply? The podcasts (by Lia Harris and Caroline Overington) both say that MFC stopped to pick up newspapers on his way home - I think it's the Overington one which says he stopped at a corner store, so I'm supposing that means the Kew Corner Store?

MFC's walk-through video shows him running around the outskirts of No.52 (the M's). As I remember it, the only person he ran into before the first police officer arrived was a woman at the back of a property on Ellendale Crescent, who said she'd put her shoes on and help. (Edit: the video doesn't show him running, it shows MFC saying that he had run.)[/QUOTE
Hi
I remember reading that information at the beginning I think around the time it was publicly reported that wt was in foster care at the time he disappeared.. I will try to find it for you alternatively you can look up on google the words I quoted n see what comes up but I’m fairly certain it was way back in the beginning when a timeline was first being established..

Question: Some of these articles let you view one per day or a few per week. They know how many you've read via cookies.

If you can read is it allowed to be posted?

No, because by their very definition, paywall articles are designed to be paid for, not have free dissemination of the content to the non-paying public.

Yes, that's the only message I heard about, advising he was on way back.
I’m thinking maybe even on the 60min espisode where the foster parents were talking about that day.. been in an excursion with my kids all day so will have a look shortly to see if I can find it

Yes it will always be an ongoing investigation and can't be closed until it is solved. But it can be shelved until further new evidence or a new lead to investigate comes into play.
After the Inquest if the coroner finds other avenues should be investigated she will give those findings to the DPP to look into. At least that's how i have read it all works.
But in the interim other cases and there are many need to be dealt with too.

Yes it will always be an ongoing investigation and can't be closed until it is solved. But it can be shelved until further new evidence or a new lead to investigate comes into play.
After the Inquest if the coroner finds other avenues should be investigated she will give those findings to the DPP to look into. At least that's how i have read it all works.
But in the interim other cases and there are many need to be dealt with too.

Cold cases are not ongoing investigations. They get to them when they can.

Cases are closed without being solved all the time.

If the Coroner decided that it needs further investigation, it needs further investigation. The DPP doesn't investigate.

I agree many others need investigating, but this is the one I'm following. Are you following other Australian cases that need to be dealt with? Or are they being dealt with?

Cold cases are not ongoing investigations. They get to them when they can.

Cases are closed without being solved all the time.

If the Coroner decided that it needs further investigation, it needs further investigation. The DPP doesn't investigate.

I agree many others need investigating, but this is the one I'm following. Are you following other Australian cases that need to be dealt with? Or are they being dealt with?
Oh well maybe it works differently in Australia then?

[

We don't know that. We only know what's been made public. Judging by what's come out at the inquest and GJ's case, it would seem that it's far from a dead end. IMO.

I stand corrected sorry..
the reporting was
She checked her phone and saw a text from her husband saying he was nearly home after stopping to buy some newspapers at a nearby store.
However I can recall something way back in the beginning and I could very well be wrong so don’t quote me on this but I thought I read somewhere or on 60min interview or even podcast I honestly can’t remember but I thought ff texted to ask fm if she needed milk and paper.. I have that in my mind for some reason

BBM
Christ74,

I want to jump in before this gets lost back in the threads, but I might not have time to respond today, sorry, and can't post any links at the moment:

You said that after MFC's Skype call he went to the pharmacy then texted FFC to ask if she needed anything on his way home.
If that was reported somewhere, can you remember where? I haven't seen or heard it before. Did FFC reply? The podcasts (by Lia Harris and Caroline Overington) both say that MFC stopped to pick up newspapers on his way home - I think it's the Overington one which says he stopped at a corner store, so I'm supposing that means the Kew Corner Store?

MFC's walk-through video shows him running around the outskirts of No.52 (the M's). As I remember it, the only person he ran into before the first police officer arrived was a woman at the back of a property on Ellendale Crescent, who said she'd put her shoes on and help. (Edit: the video doesn't show him running, it shows MFC saying that he had run.)

Picking up contradictions with your posts, no, not everyone is a POI, unless stated by the police. So challenging posters scrutinising BS and PS by what the media and this trial has revealed is futile because they're in the right.
No one has accused PS of what you've written but you've questioned the postie's reputation who brought the AVO against him because of some 'crazy' ladies out there?!
PS was bothering WT's fgm, he was keeping company with a lady in a caravan, we don't know how comfortable she was with it either. PS was a person to be extensively questioned, I'm with Jubelin on that score.
Prime suspect I agree

This post lands at random.

Seems to be a bit of a chill in the room tonite for some reason.

Be courteous to fellow members, and just dial down the attitudes a bit if you disagree with their take.

And to Bo ... Thank You for providing the tweets for everyone. You are appreciated.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members