Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the technology in the world too, video conference etc, surely wouldn’t be too hard to set up, maybe not straight away but before June 1, poor families.
It must be so incredibly hard for the families to have it adjourned at this point. So many questions left hanging.. and I can imagine their thoughts would involuntarily go to some very dark places. My heart goes out to them.

All the technology in the world too, video conference etc, surely wouldn’t be too hard to set up, maybe not straight away but before June 1, poor families.
I don't think that's an acceptable way to interview witnesses. Much better to assess their credibility in a personal appearance.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The inquest has been adjourned until June 1 for a directions hearing to determine when the evidence will proceed. The Coroner told the court “I’m so sorry the world has done this. I wanted to finish the evidence this week... there’s still work to be done”.

Sadly I think it will be later than June 1.....
The Covid 19 pandemic will be in full swing by then, according to Medical Professionals... we are not expecting it to slow down till after September and most suggest it will probably be even later than that......

The NSW Court put out a message about major schedule changes due to C19 last week, and I think they may have even updated it.... If this tranche of the Inquest was being held in Sydney rather than Taree, I think it would have been adjourned much earlier....

I feel for all the of the Parents.. it must be so frustrating!

It must be so incredibly hard for the families to have it adjourned at this point. So many questions left hanging.. and I can imagine their thoughts would involuntarily go to some very dark places. My heart goes out to them.
But I imagine they don't want the vulnerable among their family and friends dying of the infection either? Or in the wider population?

Is this even how Inquests are normally conducted in Aus.? With all this stall & delay this one must be the longest running inquest in australian history.
And why such a very long break between the last one to this one? It's ridiculous when they should of been inquest ready from the start, IMO.

When I listened to ScoMo on TV this morning, I'm sure he said Court was not included in the new ban on >100 gatherings, so I don't know why they would close the inquest at such a critical point.

The other thing was that in this morning's evidence, apparently Ray Porter said that FA borrowed his car. Then he also said FA couldn't drive??
Perhaps he meant "can't" as in " not allowed", that he didn't have a licence?

Gosh.. an older couple involved in the court process? could that be BS and MS? IMO

Precisely my thought.

I am so sorry guys if I appear vague or forgetful, my mental state isn't too flash at the moment. Do we know if Ray was affiliated with the GAPA group?

If not a question I am allowed to ask, please disregard.
I believe that Ray Porter and the 'older couple' (who it turns out were Ray Porter's brother and his wife) were discussing them all having been called to give evidence at W's inquest. RP was apparently on his 'death bed', and I think I read that he died in August 2019, (perhaps while tranche#2 was taking place?), but then RP died. jmo.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Ms Porter told the court she found a letter after Ray died, which appeared to have been sent from jail and was signed “from your good friend Frank”. She said the letter asked Ray to pick up his boat and move it “to a lady’s place”. She has since thrown it out.
ok now i want to know who the lady is..where the boat is..and where Rays car is..who his neighbor inWauchope was ...annnnnnnnd many more....dam it corona

NoCookies | The Australian

*advertiser censored* coronavirus!

Frank Abbott, 79, a man twice cleared of murder, and convicted twelve times of sexual molestation of children, accused also of raping dogs and stealing, will not be able to give evidence before the court closes due to COVID-19 virus fears.

Frank Abbott. Picture: AAP
NSW deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame expressed deep regret, but assured the public: “There’s nothing about this matter that I consider to be cold case.”

The investigation will continue, she said, and in fact they have new hope of discovering what happened to William, who has been missing since September 2014.

I'm wondering if it might be actually beneficial for them to postpone given new evidence/ witnesses may have come to light during this latest session? More opportunity to investigate and fine tune before it comes to a close.

I'm wondering if it might be actually beneficial for them to postpone given new evidence/ witnesses may have come to light during this latest session? More opportunity to investigate and fine tune before it comes to a close.
Or maybe they have enough to proceed with an arrest ! Doubtful but wishful thinking in these tough times

I agree, I think there'll be more people added to the witness list. The coroner can see the heartache in WT's families faces but the decision to adjourn is out of his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj