Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have misunderstood my question - I don't mean the Protected Witness is MP ..... I meant his open evidence about trying to help FA regarding Danny Parish and calling him a liar??? etc "how are we going to prove" etc

Even Doc has asked who you mean.... ?

I definitely don't mean to offend you in any way possible .. I'm just trying to work it all out ... and no other witness jumps to mind about FA and DP ..... but its easy to forget little details...
Not offended, but thinking about how to answer. Maybe I'll PM you but it might not be tonight. I find it odd and interesting that others haven't jumped to the same conclusion I did, unless others are just more discreet.

The reason for the Tamworth trip--did that have to do with a trailer belonging to protected witness's wife's son, not a son of FA? And was that in the wife's blue Subaru? It seems to be unclear whether it happened before or after William's disappearance, but likely after? I'm wondering whether, if FA pinched the Subaru for use in the abduction of William, he might have wanted to go along for the Tamworth trip to provide an innocent reason for his prints or DNA being in the car. I haven't seen it mentioned that that was one of the cars he regularly borrowed.

When asked by Mr C what the purpose was for the Tamworth trip, the Protected witness said his son had a trailer that needed fixing & getting back. Mr C asked if around 2014/2015 if he had a need for someone to drive his wife to Tamworth & the witness replied, " No , she drove him & FA went along ( we were given no reason why FA went along)

I assumed this was after WT's disappeared.

I don't know that FA would have had access to this witness's wife's car, but I guess anything in possible............

They didn't say what car they took.

The wife did have a blue subaru in 2014.

I don't know that FA would have had access to this witness's wife's car, but I guess anything in possible............
Depends where it was, and that depends partly on who protected witness and his wife are. I'm not sure when a certain person began living at a certain address, but I think FA could have used the blue car to scope and might have been returning it when the blue car was seen by RC.

Not offended, but thinking about how to answer. Maybe I'll PM you but it might not be tonight. I find it odd and interesting that others haven't jumped to the same conclusion I did, unless others are just more discreet.
I am struggling to put it all together,i must get a note book and write the names against the initials .. eeek

I’ve been a bit lost too so I‘ve been going back over the last 6 or so pages of the thread. The inquest summaries have been very insightful (thanks again @drsleuth!) It’s interesting that the same names and cars keep popping up. I feel like I need a huge wall and some string to connect all the dots. There is a reason that the coroner is asking the questions they are though so I’m hopeful that the investigators have a good theory and are close to cracking the case open.

Has anyone seen any articles , in regards to the white ute that crashed into are sign ( i think ) on the day that William went missing? I'am sure it was Mr Chapmans relatives that saw this happen in kendall .
Get Smart,
I'd be interested to see any articles too. IMO it's quite strange the sighting wasn't given any publicity. Maybe the mystery driver was recognisable to locals or police and had already been eliminated as a person of interest, but I couldn't find any news reports even just mentioning that the witnesses had appeared at the inquest. I did two posts in thread 54 (post 251 and post 616) but they're not much help, sorry - there were no replies back then about articles or reports.

Has anyone seen any articles , in regards to the white ute that crashed into are sign ( i think ) on the day that William went missing? I'am sure it was Mr Chapmans relatives that saw this happen in kendall .
This is the excellent summary of Evidence done by @Tinker Taylor regarding that,,,, but I don't know of any articles ... but this may help???

Danny Connell

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed this morning in Taree, with several of his family members, both birth family and foster family, in the court room. Danny Connell is in the witness box, his wife is Ron Chapman’s niece.

He and his wife arrived in Kendall from Sydney on September 11, 2014, to babysit their grandchildren while their parents attended a wedding that weekend. They stayed at Ron Chapman’s house. To recap, Chapman is the man who claims to have seen William in a car after he vanished.

The court heard Mr Connell and his wife visited the local cemetery on the morning of September 12 to place flowers on a relative’s gravesite. They seem to be unclear of the exact time, but the court heard it was likely between 9.30am and 10.30am.

The cemetery is located next to Benaroon Drive, a short walk through the bush from William’s foster grandmother’s. The court was told Mr Connell heard a noise while they were there, saying it sounded like “something doing building work in the distance... I could hear a saw”.

Mr Connell told the court he drove to the “paper shop” in Kendall to get the paper after leaving the cemetery, when he saw an old white ute drive past as he crossed the road. He said the ute then “made contact” with the “keep left sign” as it drove down the hill.

He told the court the ute had “an old metal toolbox” in the back with the “corners bent up” and the driver was old with “thick-rimmed glasses” on. Mr Connell said he was in Coffs Harbour a week later when he remembered it in the middle of the night and called Crime Stoppers.

Mr Connell told the court they spent most of the day driving around the area visiting relatives before arriving back at Chapman’s house around 3.30pm, when they were told a little boy was missing. He said he doesn’t recall if he spoke to Mr Chapman about it at that point.

Mr Connell told the court they went to the Kendall Club for dinner that night, which was “empty for a Friday night”. Many people were still out searching for William that evening. He said they noticed people were still out with torches when they arrived home around 8pm.

Mr Connell told the court it was a year later, when they visited in September 2015, that Mr Chapman first mentioned the alleged sighting to them. He said “he was in quite a distressed state because he’d been interviewed” by police

Mr Connell told the court Mr Chapman had “forgotten we were there at that time, 12 months before”. He was asked if they spoke about it at all with Mr Chapman that night in 2014 when the searchers were out looking for William and he said they only acknowledged the search party.

Mr Connell told the court Chapman “had a couple of schooners” that night and was “unsteady on his feet” so they took him inside and went to bed. He said he never mentioned the sighting until their visit a year later.

Kathleen Connell

Mr Connell’s wife Kathleen is now in the witness box. Ron Chapman is her uncle. She is also recalling their movements on September 12, 2014. She recalls the “old ute” which hit the sign that morning being driven by a man in a “cowboy hat”.

Ms Connell told the court Mr Chapman didn’t mention the sighting of William that night or anytime that weekend. She’s now been excused.

This is the excellent summary of Evidence done by @Tinker Taylor regarding that,,,, but I don't know of any articles ... but this may help???

Danny Connell

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed this morning in Taree, with several of his family members, both birth family and foster family, in the court room. Danny Connell is in the witness box, his wife is Ron Chapman’s niece.

He and his wife arrived in Kendall from Sydney on September 11, 2014, to babysit their grandchildren while their parents attended a wedding that weekend. They stayed at Ron Chapman’s house. To recap, Chapman is the man who claims to have seen William in a car after he vanished.

The court heard Mr Connell and his wife visited the local cemetery on the morning of September 12 to place flowers on a relative’s gravesite. They seem to be unclear of the exact time, but the court heard it was likely between 9.30am and 10.30am.

The cemetery is located next to Benaroon Drive, a short walk through the bush from William’s foster grandmother’s. The court was told Mr Connell heard a noise while they were there, saying it sounded like “something doing building work in the distance... I could hear a saw”.

Mr Connell told the court he drove to the “paper shop” in Kendall to get the paper after leaving the cemetery, when he saw an old white ute drive past as he crossed the road. He said the ute then “made contact” with the “keep left sign” as it drove down the hill.

He told the court the ute had “an old metal toolbox” in the back with the “corners bent up” and the driver was old with “thick-rimmed glasses” on. Mr Connell said he was in Coffs Harbour a week later when he remembered it in the middle of the night and called Crime Stoppers.

Mr Connell told the court they spent most of the day driving around the area visiting relatives before arriving back at Chapman’s house around 3.30pm, when they were told a little boy was missing. He said he doesn’t recall if he spoke to Mr Chapman about it at that point.

Mr Connell told the court they went to the Kendall Club for dinner that night, which was “empty for a Friday night”. Many people were still out searching for William that evening. He said they noticed people were still out with torches when they arrived home around 8pm.

Mr Connell told the court it was a year later, when they visited in September 2015, that Mr Chapman first mentioned the alleged sighting to them. He said “he was in quite a distressed state because he’d been interviewed” by police

Mr Connell told the court Mr Chapman had “forgotten we were there at that time, 12 months before”. He was asked if they spoke about it at all with Mr Chapman that night in 2014 when the searchers were out looking for William and he said they only acknowledged the search party.

Mr Connell told the court Chapman “had a couple of schooners” that night and was “unsteady on his feet” so they took him inside and went to bed. He said he never mentioned the sighting until their visit a year later.

Kathleen Connell

Mr Connell’s wife Kathleen is now in the witness box. Ron Chapman is her uncle. She is also recalling their movements on September 12, 2014. She recalls the “old ute” which hit the sign that morning being driven by a man in a “cowboy hat”.

Ms Connell told the court Mr Chapman didn’t mention the sighting of William that night or anytime that weekend. She’s now been excused.
This does again make me question the police process here. I understand they don't want to panic people but how much vital information did not come out earlier because people were under the impression William was missing and not abducted. Perhaps if the panic button was hit a bit earlier then we would have had a different result. What would be the harm in going down the road of possible abduction after say 3 hours of searching? Memories would be a lot fresher and information more accurate.

Just re-reading Mr Craddock's opening address August 7th 2019

"…..There should be no presumption that any person called before this inquest has in fact been involved in William's disappearance.

If a crime has been put to a person in a police interview, that's often done to gauge how a person responds to that allegation.

expects to present evidence about certain witnesses that appears to contradict whether a person has any involvement in the case....."

In other words any POI who appears to be innocent might be guilty and vice versa?

This does again make me question the police process here. I understand they don't want to panic people but how much vital information did not come out earlier because people were under the impression William was missing and not abducted. Perhaps if the panic button was hit a bit earlier then we would have had a different result. What would be the harm in going down the road of possible abduction after say 3 hours of searching? Memories would be a lot fresher and information more accurate.
Wexford,

I'm not sure whether you're saying police should have asked for information hours earlier than they did? If so, fair enough.

I think they must have asked sometime during the first day or night, if this post is the original and the date was Australian (not Facebook/US time):

image.jpeg

- screenshot of "Please share: Have you see three-year-old William Tyrrell?" NSW Police Force, Facebook public page photos, 12 Sep 2014 (I think a direct link won't work, but for me an internet search for "nsw police force facebook have you seen william tyrrell" produces a link at the top of results).

Wexford,

I'm not sure whether you're saying police should have asked for information hours earlier than they did? If so, fair enough.

I think they must have asked sometime during the first day or night, if this post is the original and the date was Australian (not Facebook/US time):

View attachment 256359

- screenshot of "Please share: Have you see three-year-old William Tyrrell?" NSW Police Force, Facebook public page photos, 12 Sep 2014 (I think a direct link won't work, but for me an internet search for "nsw police force facebook have you seen william tyrrell" produces a link at the top of results).

Before 1pm on the day that William disappeared the news was already hitting MSM. And the police were already asking for information right then.

See the very first post in the very first thread.

"A desperate search is underway for a three-year-old Sydney boy wearing a Spider-Man suit who has gone missing from a home on the NSW mid north coast.
The boy vanished from the front yard of a relative’s home in Benaroon Drive, Kendall just after 10.30am."
Anyone with information about his location has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.

The Daily Telegraph
September 12, 2014 12:55pm
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:
i wonder if this is

i wonder if this is the same white ute?

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching, and Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman offering information. “She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the ‘blood find’ for about 15 minutes,” the officer said.
Disturbing early clues in William Tyrrell search

Before 1pm on the day that William disappeared the news was already hitting MSM. And the police were already asking for information right then.

See the very first post in the very first thread.

"A desperate search is underway for a three-year-old Sydney boy wearing a Spider-Man suit who has gone missing from a home on the NSW mid north coast.
The boy vanished from the front yard of a relative’s home in Benaroon Drive, Kendall just after 10.30am."
Anyone with information about his location has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.

The Daily Telegraph
September 12, 2014 12:55pm
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
I know they did ask for information but they were mostly working under the assumption he was just lost. If they had come out with a possible abduction scenario earlier I think those people who saw something may have realised it's relevance a lot sooner. I can't see the benefit of trying to downplay it when a child is missing.

Some sensationalism I think.... I don't think the boy was 3 years old and other articles and the court report video by Kelly Fedor states the child did not see William's body... only the suitcase ... (links below)

There are also conflicting reports about what year this occurred ... 2017 or 2018???

It is difficult to know from reporting what is true?? Sadly ...

blob:https://www.9news.com.au/e70b0ddf-6aab-4406-94db-fcd84df63f31

William Tyrrell inquest into missing toddler hears allegations three year old buried in a suitcase

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ll-s-killer-inquest-told-20200313-p549y6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat