Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember last time it closed down and then reopened---it seemed like they suddenly shifted to different witnesses to be questioned.
yes and i would be curious if they recall,can they do that ?
I wonder if the same thing will happen this time?

At the least we have Frank Abbott and I think Geoff Owens was supposed to return but not sure.
ok so that answers my above reply,i really want to listen to Geoff Owens..also the weirdo with the chicken and worked at the gas station,has he been up yet...or will he be? to be honest it feels like so long ago as everything does this yr

In case the inquest finishes after the next block of hearings, I hope I can thank Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris, 10 News and "Where's William Tyrrell?" podcast) for all of her tweets from the court. I imagine it would be quite stressful trying to report so quickly and so often, and she even manages to write well too.

Lia, if you ever get to see this: thank you!

William Tyrrell inquest: All eyes on 'dirty old man' Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online

But COVID-19 brought the inquest's public hearings to a sudden halt earlier this year. And though questions linger, for reasons yet to be explained Abbott isn't on the witness list for the coming hearings.

The Coroner's Court has instead announced six others will be called to give evidence.

They include two police officers - the Force's most senior homicide detective David Laidlaw plus Senior Constable Daniel Dring.

Three women will also give evidence, including a mid-north coast local and forensic psychologist Dr Helen Paterson.

Also listed to appear is 'person of interest' Geoff Owen, an acquaintance of Abbott's. That term does not mean he is a suspect and has been commonly used throughout the investigation.

Witnesses can still be added or removed from the list, a court spokesman said in statement on Friday.

William Tyrrell inquest: All eyes on 'dirty old man' Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online

But COVID-19 brought the inquest's public hearings to a sudden halt earlier this year. And though questions linger, for reasons yet to be explained Abbott isn't on the witness list for the coming hearings.

The Coroner's Court has instead announced six others will be called to give evidence.

They include two police officers - the Force's most senior homicide detective David Laidlaw plus Senior Constable Daniel Dring.

Three women will also give evidence, including a mid-north coast local and forensic psychologist Dr Helen Paterson.

Also listed to appear is 'person of interest' Geoff Owen, an acquaintance of Abbott's. That term does not mean he is a suspect and has been commonly used throughout the investigation.

Witnesses can still be added or removed from the list, a court spokesman said in statement on Friday.
ACCKKKK....I knew it. That's what I meant in my post above---last time they took a break they changed focus midstream--during the break.

And I remember when we went back to the inquest, people here were asking about why certain people were no longer being looked at, but suddenly others were.

Is that about to happen again?

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
4m

Owen is excused and the court is now hearing an application from the foster parents to call former lead detective Gary Jubelin as a witness.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

Mr Owen is asked if he “thought it was unusual” when Abbott mentioned the “smell of death” and he responded “not of Frank Abbott. Nothing was unusual”. Said he “just shrugged it off”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
10m

He is asked if he ever spoke to Abbott about his movements on the day William went missing. He said “no, I don’t believe so”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
13m

Mr Owen is asked if he had any contact with Frank Abbott on the day William went missing. He responded “I don’t think so. Pretty sure I didn’t”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
17m

The lawyer representing William’s foster parents is now questioning Mr Owen about whether he saw or knew of any children being at the Benaroon Drive house on September 12. He told the court he doesn’t recall anyone telling him about the children being there.

The court heard the foster parents “hold concerns” about when the investigation shifted from being a missing child case to an abduction and possible Homicide. That is one of the areas they want to question Jubelin about

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
5m

Jubelin has since been convicted of illegally recording conversations while investigating this case and has never testified at the inquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat