Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier on Tuesday Senior Constable Daniel Dring testified about police searches undertaken north of Kendall in 2019 and 2020.

In a June 2020 search officers paused at a tree with black electrical tape wrapped around the trunk at a point about two metres high.

The tape appeared to have been there a long time and there was “lumpy ground” at the foot of the tree, Mr Dring said.

A cadaver dog was taken through the area.

In another area officers did not sift through large piles of debris created by land clearing, instead probing them with stainless steel poles and searching around and over the top of them.

Photos were tendered of the piles, including one showing Mr Dring, who is 6’4”, for scale.

“You are dwarfed beside this mound,” pointed out counsel assisting Gerard Craddock.

Among the items found in the searches were bones, a red singlet, and a piece of rubber that may have been the sole of a child’s shoe.
‘Smell of death’: Disturbing comment near where William Tyrrell disappeared
OCTOBER 6, 2020

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
7s

The coroner added “it’s an appalling suggestion that he would hold anything back from this court, given his dedication”. Craddock told the court there’s “no suggestion” that he has. The coroner will decide after the lunch break whether she will allow Jubelin to take the stand.

BUT BUT BUT Jubelin hasn't been asked to give evidence during this inquest has he? 'Hold anything back' he hasn't been asked to share his knowledge.

William Tyrrell’s foster family have officially called for high-profile former detective Gary Jubelin to give evidence at the inquest into the three-year-old’s disappearance.
“Concerns are held by our clients about what time … a decision was made to change the investigation and escalate it … as a possible abduction or possible homicide of William,” Justine Hopper, the family’s barrister, told the NSW Coroners Court.

But the move was resisted by the counsel assisting the coroner, who said Mr Jubelin wasn’t the first or the last detective to lead the investigation.

“The notion it was treated as a missing persons investigation (in the first few months) is just simply wrong – completely and utterly wrong,” counsel assisting Gerard Craddock SC said.
Call for former NSW detective to face William Tyrrell inquest | The New Daily

“But Your Honour isn’t missing anything because he’s not on the investigation anymore,” he submitted.

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Is this damage control?
81w2B3A1mHL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Six witnesses, one 'dirty old man' and a NEW person of interest: Twist in William Tyrrell case as all eyes turn to a caravan-dwelling paedophile at the centre of claims 'we drove the boy 300km north'

30515898-8792235-image-m-4_1601529511066.jpg

Ray Porter told an aged care nurse 'all I did was give my best mate and the boy a lift' (his white stationwagon is on right). The inquest has heard Porter was friends with Abbott

Tuesday, Oct 6th 2020 1PM
William Tyrrell inquest: All eyes on 'dirty old man' Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
5m

The coroner has rejected the application to call Mr Jubelin, telling the court she is confident “any evidence held by him has been identified and reviewed” and “it would be most improper to think that Mr Jubelin held back any evidence when he left the investigation”.

I have lost all faith in this inquest!

Mr Craddock asked: 'Did he say he could smell 'death'?'

'Yes, he did, that was the words he used,' Mr Owen said.

Asked by counsel for William's foster family, barrister Justine Hopper, how he had reacted to the bizarre alleged remark, Mr Owen said he had 'shrugged' it off.

'You didn't think it was unusual?' Ms Hopper asked.

'No, not of Frank Abbott - nothing was unusual about Frank Abbott.'

William Tyrrell: Bizarre connection between handyman and convicted paedophile Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online

33844002-8792235-image-a-9_1601530635665.jpg

Priest Martin Parish (on right) has given evidence at the inquest into William Tyrrell's disappearance. He runs a small church in the area where Frank Abbott lived

Under questioning, Mr Owen said he 'might've' been at a community centre on the day William vanished, September 12.

Lawyer for the foster family, Justine Hopper, asked Mr Owen:'Is it the case you didn't go to the community on the 12th of September even though you said you went there, you actually didn't go?'

Mr Owen said: 'I don't know - I actually can't remember ... I've contracted Parkinson's' Disease and my memory is shot to pieces.'
William Tyrrell: Bizarre connection between handyman and convicted paedophile Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online

Under questioning, Mr Owen said he 'might've' been at a community centre on the day William vanished, September 12.

Lawyer for the foster family, Justine Hopper, asked Mr Owen:'Is it the case you didn't go to the community on the 12th of September even though you said you went there, you actually didn't go?'

Mr Owen said: 'I don't know - I actually can't remember ... I've contracted Parkinson's' Disease and my memory is shot to pieces.'
Jeez, there sure are a lot of people with bad memories involved in this. :(:mad:

I'm not understanding why Craddock doesn't want Jubelin to testify?

I think they could have 'history'. Craddock was mentioned in Jubes' book in regard to another case.

What an incomplete inquest this is. Nothing like not having the lead detective for 4 years not be called to the stand.

It seems like such a farce. IMO

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
51s

Craddock is also arguing the record of other children approached in the area should not be made public because “most of them have nothing to do with the disappearance of William Tyrrell”.

Craddock is also arguing the record of other children approached in the area should not be made public because “most of them have nothing to do with the disappearance of William Tyrrell”.

"Most" of them have nothing to do with William's disappearance?

"Most"?

Which ones DO have something to do with William's disappearance??????

Last edited:
A woman was gardening the day after William Tyrrell vanished when she heard something that made her blood curdle.
A woman was tending to her backyard strawberries with a cup of coffee in northern NSW the day after William Tyrrell vanished when she heard a child’s unmistakable scream, an inquest has heard.

Herons Creek woman Anna Baker said she was familiar with kids as a mother and grandmother and what she heard that day was “100 per cent” a child.

But it was not until a friend told her a convicted paedophile was living nearby that she realised she had to tell the police.

Ms Baker appeared before the high-profile inquest into the toddler’s disappearance as it resumed on Tuesday before deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame.
Woman ‘heard scream’ after William vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member