Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose phone records? Is CO implying that the call from GO came in on the same number from which FFC rang Spedding? Did she do that from her own mobile phone, or from FGM's? I don't see how GO would have had FFC's mobile number. <snipped>
Here are two quotes, but neither of them says which party's phone records were checked (and the first quote just repeats the info by drsleuth earlier; I just think context might help clarify) :

From: Caroline Overington, Missing William Tyrrell, 2020, pp.16-17

[At 9:03 am, FFC used "her mum's cordless home phone" to call BS, leaving a voicemail message which asked him to call back.]
"A short time later, the phone rang but it wasn't [BS] calling.
Again according to phone records, it was a local handyman, [GO], who called at 9.10 a.m. to ask about some repairs that William's foster nana needed done to the deck.
William's foster mum has no recollection of receiving that call.
She was, it seems, already outside, with William."

And from: Gary Jubelin & Dan Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ebook edition, from the chapter 'I Know Where William Tyrrell Is' subtitled August 2018.

"[FA] is also said to be friends with a third man, called [GO]. Witnesses say [FA] used to go up to local people saying, 'I know where William Tyrrell is, why don't you check [GO's] place?' Nobody believed him and, on its own, it is evidence of nothing, but when Geoff's name comes up during a briefing at Port Macquarie, someone mentions that he called [FGM's] house on the morning William disappeared.

Say that again?

Phone records show a call between Geoff's and [FGM's] place just before William went missing. The front deck - the one William and his sister were playing on - needed repairs and [GO] was going to do it. He'd already visited the property once.

Which means, after Bill, we have a second tradesman connected by a phone call to the house where William disappeared. Again, a phone call itself is evidence of nothing, but why did we go after Bill? Because of a phone call from the house that morning.

Why the *advertiser censored* have I not heard about this call before?"

Re GO: he did make a second appearance at the inquest but it might have been when the public was kept out of the court room because of Covid restrictions? There are some inquest tweets in thread 56 post 298, and I think this is the full list (tweets by Lia Harris @LiaJHarris, 6 October 2020, Coroners Court, Lidcombe):

The next witness will be Geoff Owen, who will appear via video link. Mr Owen knew Frank Abbott back in 2014 and was also commissioned to do some maintenance work at the home of William’s foster grandmother’s house that year.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313278185988005888

The court heard Geoff Owen allowed Frank Abbott to move into his caravan on a property near Kendall after William disappeared. He had previously been living at the sawmill property on Herons Creek Rd
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313286125809614849

Mr Owen told the court Frank Abbott told him sometime after 2014 that he noticed a bad smell which he described as “the smell of death” when they would drive past a property near where he lived.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313286421638070292

The lawyer representing William’s foster parents is now questioning Mr Owen about whether he saw or knew of any children being at the Benaroon Drive house on September 12. He told the court he doesn’t recall anyone telling him about the children being there.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313287608089280512

Mr Owen is asked if he had any contact with Frank Abbott on the day William went missing. He responded “I don’t think so. Pretty sure I didn’t”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313288306696708096

He is asked if he ever spoke to Abbott about his movements on the day William went missing. He said “no, I don’t believe so”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313289178839359488

Mr Owen is asked if he “thought it was unusual” when Abbott mentioned the “smell of death” and he responded “not of Frank Abbott. Nothing was unusual”. Said he “just shrugged it off”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313289683313422336

Owen is excused and the court is now hearing an application from the foster parents to call former lead detective Gary Jubelin as a witness.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313290577459380227

You summed it up well JLZ, nothing makes sense to us "normal " people & I wonder why I was so drained those weeks in Taree & took a break for awhile after :D

These people make out they are all enemies but all continue to "hang" TOGETHER ALOT!! :rolleyes:

DP had even been to RP's place in Wauchope!

I know I said I’d shut up but can’t help asking: what’s the connection between FA & Paster MP ?
And then DP who was apparently sh$& scared of FA but then worked with him on the buses & let him take his cars Willy Nilly !
(What buses ? School buses ?)
I do understand a desire to help, but Godly ordination doesn’t instil gullibility & an acceptability of criminal behaviour. . . yet MP is said to have canvassed for accomodation for FA. . wonder why

14 Misty Way Logans Crossing
Mr Owen told the court Frank Abbott told him sometime after 2014 that he noticed a bad smell which he described as “the smell of death” when they would drive past a property near where he lived.
This is after 2014 FA is talking about the smell, and I understand he is living in GO's caravan in Misty Way. Are they living next door to each other or is GO living somewhere else? Because of the reference to driving past it, it doesn't sound like FA is talking about a smell at his own home.

BS said in the Ch 7 episode that he got message that morning but didn’t ring back because he didn’t have all the parts, plus had to go to school awards
I thought he received the parts on Thursday and didn't want to be working either Friday because of the assembly or on the weekend because of children's sport or something. But I thought he did call FFC back in the afternoon and she put him off because of the emergency. So I don't see why he wouldn't have tried to ring her in the morning even to make excuses, not let it ring too long and have been glad nobody answered.

This is after 2014 FA is talking about the smell, and I understand he is living in GO's caravan in Misty Way. Are they living next door to each other or is GO living somewhere else? Because of the reference to driving past it, it doesn't sound like FA is talking about a smell at his own home.

It was after FA was released on bail July 2015. FA was living at 16 Misty Way

Re GO: he did make a second appearance at the inquest but it might have been when the public was kept out of the court room because of Covid restrictions? There are some inquest tweets in thread 56 post 298, and I think this is the full list (tweets by Lia Harris @LiaJHarris, 6 October 2020, Coroners Court, Lidcombe):

The next witness will be Geoff Owen, who will appear via video link. Mr Owen knew Frank Abbott back in 2014 and was also commissioned to do some maintenance work at the home of William’s foster grandmother’s house that year.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313278185988005888

The court heard Geoff Owen allowed Frank Abbott to move into his caravan on a property near Kendall after William disappeared. He had previously been living at the sawmill property on Herons Creek Rd
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313286125809614849

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313286421638070292

The lawyer representing William’s foster parents is now questioning Mr Owen about whether he saw or knew of any children being at the Benaroon Drive house on September 12. He told the court he doesn’t recall anyone telling him about the children being there.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313287608089280512

Mr Owen is asked if he had any contact with Frank Abbott on the day William went missing. He responded “I don’t think so. Pretty sure I didn’t”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313288306696708096

He is asked if he ever spoke to Abbott about his movements on the day William went missing. He said “no, I don’t believe so”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313289178839359488

Mr Owen is asked if he “thought it was unusual” when Abbott mentioned the “smell of death” and he responded “not of Frank Abbott. Nothing was unusual”. Said he “just shrugged it off”.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313289683313422336

Owen is excused and the court is now hearing an application from the foster parents to call former lead detective Gary Jubelin as a witness.
https://mobile.twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1313290577459380227

Thanks Stormbird, I had complety forgotten about these ( I wasn't in court that day ) :oops:

I know I said I’d shut up but can’t help asking: what’s the connection between FA & Paster MP ?
And then DP who was apparently sh$& scared of FA but then worked with him on the buses & let him take his cars Willy Nilly !
(What buses ? School buses ?)
I do understand a desire to help, but Godly ordination doesn’t instil gullibility & an acceptability of criminal behaviour. . . yet MP is said to have canvassed for accomodation for FA. . wonder why

MP was/ is friends with FA , he supported his bail application . FA went to his church every Sunday, often with GO ( from memory ) . I wish I had been there for the day he gave his evidence.

William Tyrrell inquest: Pastor helped paedophile get bail, court told

An inquest into William's disappearance heard on Monday that Abbott's pastor, Martin Parish, had sought accommodation for Abbott so he could be granted bail

Mr Parish then attended a hearing in Sydney in support of Abbott, who was granted bail, the inquest heard.Abbott was acquitted of the charges in relation to the eight-year-old girl, but was subsequently charged with the sexual abuse of two boys and a girl, the inquest heard.
Mr Parish had "difficulties" accepting the jury's verdict that Abbott sexually assaulted the children, and believes Abbott was unfairly denied the opportunity to appeal due to a lack of funding, the inquest heard.

"Frank has said to me that there are mitigating circumstances that he’d like to have played back in court," Mr Parish said.

Abbott told the pastor he was in Wauchope on the day William disappeared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FA has been known to the Parish family for a long time, back to when they all lived in John's river.....

I think these guys were all quite friendly before poor William went missing ............until the cops came knocking , than they have all seemed to turn on each other ( self serving IMO )

DP has buses on his propert that he apparently " does up " I assume to sell.....

BS said in the Ch 7 episode that he got message that morning but didn’t ring back because he didn’t have all the parts, plus had to go to school awards

I thought he received the parts on Thursday and didn't want to be working either Friday because of the assembly or on the weekend because of children's sport or something. But I thought he did call FFC back in the afternoon and she put him off because of the emergency. So I don't see why he wouldn't have tried to ring her in the morning even to make excuses, not let it ring too long and have been glad nobody answered.

From x examination of FFC by Mr O'Brien ( WS / BS legal rep )

He spoke about the call the FFC made to WS & if she re-called receiving a call back, she said didn't. He said, according to phone records, WS made call back to FGM landline @ 14:46 on 12/9/14.

BS didn't receive the second part for the washing machine till friday ( were deliverd to BS home on 12/9/14 @ 12:19 from x examination of MS by Mr O'brien )

14 Misty Way Logans Crossing
Might be a silly question, but can you get a car from the dead end part of benaroon drive to the school? I’ve never been there but just wondered, cos I noticed when I was google mapping the area the start of Logan’s crossing rd, which Misty way leads onto, is near the school. So just wondered if you could take a car the whole way through the scrub?

Attachments

• 03BAA58B-F420-4E65-A0D7-5E9EA3F005E4.jpeg
    03BAA58B-F420-4E65-A0D7-5E9EA3F005E4.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 05605BA8-D359-4BFB-A0FC-8D78DEF78D60.jpeg
    05605BA8-D359-4BFB-A0FC-8D78DEF78D60.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 24
  • 5C8DD0F1-E89C-4BCC-815D-72135D231389.jpeg
    5C8DD0F1-E89C-4BCC-815D-72135D231389.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Might be a silly question, but can you get a car from the dead end part of benaroon drive to the school? I’ve never been there but just wondered, cos I noticed when I was google mapping the area the start of Logan’s crossing rd, which Misty way leads onto, is near the school. So just wondered if you could take a the whole way through the scrub?

Yes. I remember we looked at this earlier, and there are backroads which lead out of the dead end of Benaroon Drive. They lead in almost every direction that a person may want to go. The school being one of those destinations.

az.JPG
Google Maps

Might be a silly question, but can you get a car from the dead end part of benaroon drive to the school? I’ve never been there but just wondered, cos I noticed when I was google mapping the area the start of Logan’s crossing rd, which Misty way leads onto, is near the school. So just wondered if you could take a car the whole way through the scrub?
Yes...And agree with SA .... and even though we always think this may have been the exit route (once the shed behind the school was mentioned) It may have also been the entry the perpetrator took as well???

MP was/ is friends with FA , he supported his bail application . FA went to his church every Sunday, often with GO ( from memory ) . I wish I had been there for the day he gave his evidence.

William Tyrrell inquest: Pastor helped paedophile get bail, court told

An inquest into William's disappearance heard on Monday that Abbott's pastor, Martin Parish, had sought accommodation for Abbott so he could be granted bail

Mr Parish then attended a hearing in Sydney in support of Abbott, who was granted bail, the inquest heard.Abbott was acquitted of the charges in relation to the eight-year-old girl, but was subsequently charged with the sexual abuse of two boys and a girl, the inquest heard.
Mr Parish had "difficulties" accepting the jury's verdict that Abbott sexually assaulted the children, and believes Abbott was unfairly denied the opportunity to appeal due to a lack of funding, the inquest heard.

"Frank has said to me that there are mitigating circumstances that he’d like to have played back in court," Mr Parish said.

Abbott told the pastor he was in Wauchope on the day William disappeared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FA has been known to the Parish family for a long time, back to when they all lived in John's river.....

I think these guys were all quite friendly before poor William went missing ............until the cops came knocking , than they have all seemed to turn on each other ( self serving IMO )

DP has buses on his propert that he apparently " does up " I assume to sell.....
Thanks Dr, I do so appreciate your commitment, input, intel & feedback. IMO there are so many valid questions - unfortunately current reality is that None of US is in a position to ask those questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties