DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35[/URL Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43
- Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43
Thread #44 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44
Thread #45 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45
Thread #46 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46
Thread #47 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47
Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep posting the information as soon as we are certain everyone understands who they cannot identify. One more time:
No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

There are 2 sets of parents in this case .. the bio parents and the foster parents. In keeping with Websleuths victim friendly policy, they are off limits. Members are not allowed to disparage them, cast aspersions, make insinuations, or make direct or indirect accusations about them.

If Websleuths position in that regard changes in the future, members will be notified on the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

The rudeness, personalizing and sarcasm in this thread needs to stop. If it continues, there will be thread bans or TOs issued. Please just tone down the attitudes and post respectfully. Members are all here for the same reason and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be unkind. If someone else is rude, do not respond. Just Report the post and let moderators review it.

Also, when stating information as fact, an approved link must be provided to substantiate the fact. If it's been linked recently, it's no big deal, but if it is older information or information not known to other members, they are entitled to ask for a link and one must be provided.

Our very few Mods are extremely busy with other current, fast moving threads. If the violations in this discussion continue, the thread will be closed with only the Media *No Discussion* thread open until such time as there is news.

Thread is open again.

Hey everyone, I am west coast Canada and absolutely have to get some sleep. In the meantime, here's some sage advice.

Insinuations or accusations against the foster parents are still off limits. There is no direct quote from LE where they have officially been named as POIs. Until I can speak with Tricia, they are off limits. We may make a thread specific exception but at this point I have no way of speaking with her. I think she sleeps occasionally too ;)

If Moderators come on in the morning (only a few hours from now) and there are a ton of violations in this discussion, there will be some Thread Bans or minimum 1 week Time Outs issued, and it may result in lengthy thread closures while clean-up has to take place.

You are all on the honour system for the next few hours, and we are trusting you all to post in accordance with TOS and with any instructions we have provided up to now.

Good Night !!

Police 'looking for remains' as new William Tyrrell searches launched
Part of it:
During the inquest, resident Anna Baker gave evidence and said she heard a young boy scream in bushland near the home of a convicted criminal, not long after William vanished.
Ms Baker, who lived at Herons Creek, not far from the Kendall home of William's foster grandmother, told the court she had wandered into her strawberry patch on the afternoon of September 13, 2014, when she heard the noise.
"It didn't go for very long, it sounded like maybe he's hurt."

IMO I think it's very possible that the ***I can't think of what it's called*** that was used by LE to help locate CS has been used to obtain new information in this case that helped lead them to who might be POIs at this time. It could be the cell phone data provided them with locations and information of who was where when.
JMO and I'm sorry, I'm having memory issues and simple things are had for me to recall.

I just wanted to point out - in regard to the FPs selling their house - according to the article linked, this happened a year ago, not in the past couple of weeks or months.

After William Tyrrell went missing, his foster parents wrote that they were heartbroken the little boy would never get to enjoy their 'forever family home' in Sydney.

They still held out hope that he would one day return to his new bedroom, described in a letter shared with the public as a 'special magical place'.

Those dreams have sadly been dashed with the family of Australia's most famous missing person selling up their renovated property in the city's north late last year for $4.1million.

William Tyrrell's foster family sell up their 'forever home' in Sydney's north | Daily Mail Online

The Daily Mail has just very explicitly stated that the FC have been named as POIs by detectives, still no direct quote from police though. It seems they are getting their story from the article in The Australian.

The article claims that the alleged assault happened early this month, sparking the attention of the investigation team.

Also (BBM):

'We believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of his disappearance,' Chief Insp Laidlaw told Sky News in July.

'We have thoughts on what occurred to William, there is a range of thoughts.'

When asked if he knew who was to blame and what happened he replied: 'Yes.'

Missing William Tyrrell: Foster parents named 'persons of interest' as police seek AVO against them | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Information on the NSW Governments' publicly viewable NSW Courts Lists reveal:

The Apprehended Violence Order application (AVO) is listed at the Hornsby Court under "Criminal" jurisdiction for 23/11/2021 (all AVO applications are listed under 'Criminal"). There are separate applications for female foster carer and male foster carer. Detective Sean Ogilvy is the applicant made out on both AVO applications for "LT" vs each foster parent (full name detailed). Listing Type is "mention AVO Police".

The application numbers are FFC 2021/00320708 and MFC 2021/00322167.

Both application hearings are listed to commence at 9.30am. The above application numbers are the only AVO applications listed on 23/11/2021.

I was very surprised to find that both foster parent names are listed in full.

I understand that Detective Sean Ogilvy is a NSW Police homicide detective.

Online Registry - Landing Page

Here is a link to the NSW Government's "Law Assist"website detailing reasons for applying and processes involved AVO applications
Applying for an AVO

To avoid criminal charges, loss of reputation, possible incarceration, possible removal of other children, to name a few things??

My thoughts include all of your sentiments and I would like to add that it is possible an accidental injury or health issue occurred (details I recall from media articles stated William suffered from Asthma) causing death of William and in full panic mode decisions were made that could then not be unmade.

Information on the NSW Governments' publicly viewable NSW Courts Lists reveal:

The Apprehended Violence Order application (AVO) is listed at the Hornsby Court under "Criminal" jurisdiction for 23/11/2021 (all AVO applications are listed under 'Criminal"). There are separate applications for female foster carer and male foster carer. Detective Sean Ogilvy is the applicant made out on both AVO applications for "LT" vs each foster parent (full name detailed). Listing Type is "mention AVO Police".

The application numbers are FFC 2021/00320708 and MFC 2021/00322167.

Both application hearings are listed to commence at 9.30am. The above application numbers are the only AVO applications listed on 23/11/2021.

I was very surprised to find that both foster parent names are listed in full.

I understand that Detective Sean Ogilvy is a NSW Police homicide detective.

Online Registry - Landing Page

Here is a link to the NSW Government's "Law Assist"website detailing reasons for applying and processes involved AVO applications
Applying for an AVO
Wow, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members