Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So could they be using the AFP capabilities on the FGM's car to see where it went and when on the day WT went missing? If so, that could tell them what they need as final proof of what they believe they already have to make a solid case.
I have another thought. Could it be that they've found what may be WT's body and they have obtained specimens of dirt, etc on the body and they want to determine where his body was and for how long?
I can't figure out how you would think a body or body parts are in the garden at the FGM's house. The police had to have searched and kept watch over things for a long time after it was reported WT went missing. Who had the time and knowledge to move his body somewhere to bury it on the property during an investigation that lasted years without getting caught?
Was GJ excluding the foster parents because of their status and therefore never considered them being POI because no one of their stature would do such a thing?
I have so many questions and all of what I've posted are just my thoughts and questions running through my mind.

It could be a lot of things combined. GJ was not the first lead detective on this case. There were 2 others before him? this needs fact checking. How persuasive were either the other 2 lead detectives about not following much of an investigation around the FPs or that they had concluded FP were not involved. I read somewhere in this thread that one of the lead detectives before GJ was friends with one (or both) of the FP? It could also possibly be status and money and influence. How convincing were the FP (or rather FM) in terms of it being an abduction? We don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes and hopefully this all comes out who knew what, did what and how it resulted in this mess soonish. This is all MOO

So could they be using the AFP capabilities on the FGM's car to see where it went and when on the day WT went missing? If so, that could tell them what they need as final proof of what they believe they already have to make a solid case.
I have another thought. Could it be that they've found what may be WT's body and they have obtained specimens of dirt, etc on the body and they want to determine where his body was and for how long?
I can't figure out how you would think a body or body parts are in the garden at the FGM's house. The police had to have searched and kept watch over things for a long time after it was reported WT went missing. Who had the time and knowledge to move his body somewhere to bury it on the property during an investigation that lasted years without getting caught?
Was GJ excluding the foster parents because of their status and therefore never considered them being POI because no one of their stature would do such a thing?
I have so many questions and all of what I've posted are just my thoughts and questions running through my mind.

They do not think the body was there IMO. What LE lets a camera that close to a machine whose purpose is to sift out bones and teeth from dirt. Its degrading to the victim, imagine if they found a tooth or bone. They are going to let channel 7 show that on their 6.30 timeslot? Its not the history channel and an archeology dig. They know the body isnt there, hence the media are. Also, that luminol test was going to glow regardless. Its a garden bed, fertalisers, blood and bone, dead animals. They made sure the media filmed the entire process. Its al to squeeze a suspect IMO

I am so saddened by this colossal waste of time by the police in doggedly pursuing the wrong lines of investigation, and delaying justice for poor young William.
The police force need to employ more intuitive people. For the first time ever 2 days ago, I saw a photo of the balcony at the back of that house, and immediately thought :"that's a huge drop down to the ground!". Surely someone among the police attending would have reacted the same way, knowing that William is only 3, and he was dressed in a spider man suit. Why didn't they pursue that line of enquiry from the start?

While I get what you’re saying kazbar, hindsight is a beautiful thing and there is no way the investigators didn’t do whatever they thought was the right thing in this case. What do you class as a ‘more intuitive’ person anyway?

In general, Hi everyone - it’s been a long-time since I’ve posted but have been following this and other threads on and off the whole time... I’m shocked at the recent developments and feel so much empathy for William’s sister and all other innocent family members (foster or bio). It just goes to show we never truly know the full situation until all the cards are laid out!

Detectives on Tuesday said they were searching new areas - including around the home of William's foster grandmother - which had never been searched before.

Police dug up the garden at the Kendall home, with a mechanical sift brought on to the property and sprayed luminol, a chemical that detects traces of blood.

In nearby bushland, volunteers cut down trees to help in the search.

Police seize car belonging to William Tyrrell's foster grandmother for forensic examination | Daily Mail Online

They never searched the home of FGM. Whose house are they at now? the FP or FGM? Was the house they are searching the FGM's and the FP's were living with her? Or other way around?

It could be a lot of things combined. GJ was not the first lead detective on this case. There were 2 others before him? this needs fact checking. How persuasive were either the other 2 lead detectives about not following much of an investigation around the FPs or that they had concluded FP were not involved. I read somewhere in this thread that one of the lead detectives before GJ was friends with one (or both) of the FP? It could also possibly be status and money and influence. How convincing were the FP (or rather FM) in terms of it being an abduction? We don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes and hopefully this all comes out who knew what, did what and how it resulted in this mess soonish. This is all MOO

I think class played a role, affluent, well to do parents versus poor bio family with issues. Also the circumstances were easy for someone to go head first down a particular path. They bio family didnt want to give up William and did go into hiding before he was taken, so this played a factor in the first few days of the investigation. Then there was a very real and prolific pedophile network in the area with many people connected to the case connected to these pedophiles, not to mention the comments they were making around town.

So I can see why other avenues where taken but I believe LE should be held to a higher standard and should have looked at all avenues, just to rule all other scenarios out for purposes of removing reasonable doubt from a potential trial. Could you imagine if it was an abduction and no body was found and it went to trial and the defence of the abductee brought up that the FF and or FGM car was never forensically checked, or that that area the FM drove to in the first hour of him missing was not dug up and searched. Its malpractice this wasnt looked into previously, just to rule it out, eliminate future reasonable doubt defences and focus on other things.

William Tyrrell's biological grandmother reveals she had suspicions about new person from BEGINNING | Daily Mail Online
*snipped*
"Now William's biological grandmother - who can't be named for legal reasons - has said she was relieved at the inquiry's new direction, she told The Daily Telegraph.

She has also been back in touch with previous suspects, Kendall local Paul Savage and washing machine repair man Bill Spedding, in the wake of the new hunt.

After discussing the latest developments with detectives, she said she wanted to tell them she had always thought they were innocent."
------------------------------------

Does anyone else find this odd?
Is it hypothetically possible that someone is trying to set FM up by coercing the FD? There were 4 people who were present on that fateful morning, only 3 of whom could have provided direct & compelling new evidence against FM within the last 18 months and one is now dead.

I think class played a role, affluent, well to do parents versus poor bio family with issues. Also the circumstances were easy for someone to go head first down a particular path. They bio family didnt want to give up William and did go into hiding before he was taken, so this played a factor in the first few days of the investigation. Then there was a very real and prolific pedophile network in the area with many people connected to the case connected to these pedophiles, not to mention the comments they were making around town.

So I can see why other avenues where taken but I believe LE should be held to a higher standard and should have looked at all avenues, just to rule all other scenarios out for purposes of removing reasonable doubt from a potential trial. Could you imagine if it was an abduction and no body was found and it went to trial and the defence of the abductee brought up that the FF and or FGM car was never forensically checked, or that that area the FM drove to in the first hour of him missing was not dug up and searched. Its malpractice this wasnt looked into previously, just to rule it out, eliminate future reasonable doubt defences and focus on other things.

That is so true about it going to trial and the judge wanting to hear about how FP were investigated as part of the normal process...shudder...

Im led to believe this is all a big show for one person to put the pressure on. The access the media has is insane, never really seen before. Just them taking the car this morning, the camera angles etc. The knowledge of where the car was. Thats a police invitation. The close ups of them sifting through the garden beds. They are supposedly looking for remains, yet they let a camera that close to the sifter that is sifting for remains? What if they found a tooth or bone? It not something that LE would be willing to do so publicly degrading WT remains like that. The luminol tests last night, again when have you seen that done so publicly, on dirt that will no doubt glow just on the bases of it being in nature, fertilisers, blood and bone etc. I thinks its all a big show. So any media releases of bringing in the big guns, the AFP, whilst probably correct not unusual and just to add pressure to a suspect that may be ready to cave.

This happened with the DM case, they knew who did it, they just needed that confession to where the body was, they didn't so much care about the details of the confession as they knew it would be a lie. But they needed the location cause they can figure the rest out later/ provide evidence of what they already know. My belief is they have a good idea who it is (which is obvious). They are been unusually clear that they, the police have screwed up the case, which is not something LE just offer up to the media without an investigation into their conduct or public backlash. This to me shows they are showing the suspect that things have changed the new detectives are no longer fooled and will not be distracted anymore. They are showing them a plausible manslaughter accident confession. They are literally showing the suspect the steps that LE would believe, this may all be in preparation for testing that car, and then going to the suspect with the results and their other evidence. This seems to be just the prelude to questioning a suspect and making them think they have more than they actually have. Cause if they had more, there would be an arrest. If the daughter explained what happened, there would already be an arrest. At the end of the day they want the remains, and will do anything they legally can to get them, including an all access media blitz. They can figure out cause of death, reliability of the confession later.

NSW Police stated the car was seized on the 9th November. They released this info today....

strike force detectives seized a Mazda from a home at Gymea under a Coronial Order last Tuesday (9 November 2021).

I posted the link earlier in this thread

If someone were to go to these lengths, we’re not talking about the garden variety shallow eastern suburbs Sydneysider. This would be someone who grew up wishing they had money and never felt good enough. When they finally “made it”, they would do anything to keep the image of their perfect life. They can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong - it is always someone else’s fault. They might even begin to believe whatever story they concocted because the pain of knowing they’re a “failure” is unbearable.
Reminds of JonBenet Ramsey.

Hi everyone,

Long time sticky nose, first time contributing.

I hate to come across as a know-it-all-told-you-so however, the creepy stalker (s) never sat well with me. If the timeline was taken at face value, surely it would have been physically impossible to lurk, swoop, steal and getaway with a rambunctious toddler. The chances of this scenario would have to be so minute it beggars belief.

From information that has been made publicly available, I don't believe LE were inward investigating from the outset. I think the FP's are obviously very articulate, white collar workers who obviously spun a story that was accepted. Seven years is a lot of lost time.

I remember back to the beginning and finding the biological mothers FB page. She posted a picture of missing William and a conversation ensued with her commenting 'what have they done to him'.

There was/is clearly a social status imbalance that has unfairly supported the FP's and ignored the rights and feelings of the biological parents.

Oh, the court cases are still listed. It doesn't take much to 'google' the names of the FP's. I could even locate the property they sold in December 2020.

My thoughts are - FM will be charged in a matter of days rather than weeks. FF will be charged with lesser offences around concealing evidence. I do believe he is the 'information that has come to light'.

Last edited:
NSW Police stated the car was seized on the 9th November. They released this info today....

strike force detectives seized a Mazda from a home at Gymea under a Coronial Order last Tuesday (9 November 2021).

I posted the link earlier in this thread

Regardless of date, it was very well documented and filmed. Not just quick, telescopic, hiding behind a bush filmed. But more this is where to set up the camera, here are a few panning shots, with nice angles and close ups. A camera was set up, and it had time to be set up, police are not in the business of doing that/allowing that unless its tactical

If it was seized on the 9th, makes me wonder if decomposition was detected or they want someone to think it was and are searching the very place they know the car went to in the first moments of the search. And making this info very public.

Sorry if this had been posted already, I can't keep up with the thread. I noticed Caroline Overington has an update on her 'Nowhere Child' podcast. Part of it is William's sister's interview with police after he went missing.

Regardless of date, it was very well documented and filmed. Not just quick, telescopic, hiding behind a bush filmed. But more this is where to set up the camera, here are a few panning shots, with nice angles and close ups. A camera was set up, and it had time to be set up, police are not in the business of doing that/allowing that unless its tactical

you stated the car was taken today. I simply posted MSM as per WS rules.

Just a question and please correct me if I am wrong and I really don't want to offend anyone. I am in Brisbane , but did spend some time in Syd and Mel many years ago. I felt at the time that people especially in the more upmarket suburbs are a lot more competitive, overseas holidays, the car you drive etc etc. was very important and I guess more shallow. I am just trying to get a general picture and understand why someone would go to such great lengths to cover up lies.

Interesting. Because I moved from Perth to Melbourne when I was 23 and noticed this too. I regularly commented to my then boyfriend about how hung up people in Melbourne were about money and status.

Lot's of questions around what school you went too, where you grew up, where you lived now, more of a focus on material possessions: what car you drove etc.

Obviously this is not every Victorian. But I noticed this difference in culture between the different states.

A few days ago it was both of the FP being looked at and now it is just the FM. Hence IMO FF has co-operated with Police or he would still be a POI. Theoretically if something happened when FF was away on the morning he would still be guilty of being an accessory after the fact, hiding this for 7 years. Unless they are saying FM did this and FF was totally unaware. This is where I start getting the headache, I need a panadol.

Or the new information/evidence they have only connects the FM at this stage? They might also suspect someone else was involved but don't have anything that definitively links them at this time.

While I get what you’re saying kazbar, hindsight is a beautiful thing and there is no way the investigators didn’t do whatever they thought was the right thing in this case. What do you class as a ‘more intuitive’ person anyway?

In general, Hi everyone - it’s been a long-time since I’ve posted but have been following this and other threads on and off the whole time... I’m shocked at the recent developments and feel so much empathy for William’s sister and all other innocent family members (foster or bio). It just goes to show we never truly know the full situation until all the cards are laid out!
Hindsight is 20/20, but investigating the last people who saw someone alive is typically the first avenue you go down when investigating disappearances. I don’t think you need to benefit of hindsight to see that the FPs should have been the first people investigated, and the property should have been forensically examined in the initial days, not 7 years later. The fact this didn’t happen - that the property was never examined forensically because investigators decided it wasn’t a crime scene, even without doing enough due diligence to justify such a conclusion - is a huge oversight that I suspect NSW Police are mortified by.

A NSW Police source said officers believe an object may have been thrown from the vehicle as it was driven along Batar Road at Kendall. That area is the middle of a massive forensic police search.

Daily Mail Australia has also learned the alleged unspecified object is part of the focus of forensic search currently underway for traces of William, about 700m from his foster grandmother's home.

The foster mother allegedly made the drive in her mother's car before her husband had returned to the house to join the search for William.

The foster father was away from the house having an online business meeting when William vanished.

William Tyrrell car seized by cops was 'driven by his foster mother the morning he vanished' | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo